• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vs. Falco practice help

PichuMaster3000

Smash Rookie
So when you guys are at home how do you practice for Falco? I seem to have this problem where I can learn other match ups pretty easily, but I always run into a Falco at big tournaments like Genesis 3 and stuff. Just looking for like other peoples opinions.

Stride

Smash Ace
North-west England (near Manchester/Liverpool)
Basically the same as other matchups.

Do you know what it is you're struggling with specifically (and what it is about Falco that makes you single him out as a character you find it harder to practice for), and do you have any recording games we can watch to give advice on?

Last edited:

PichuMaster3000

Smash Rookie
Basically the same as other matchups.

Do you know what it is you're struggling with specifically (and what it is about Falco that makes you single him out as a character you find it harder to practice for), and do you have any recording games we can watch to give advice on?
Against like pro falcos lasers. But you know they use lasers way better than the average falcomaster3000. At lower levels I can deal with lasers. But at lower levels I get hit with dair shine, nair shine, up tilts. just getting comboed a lot. The biggest thing is that I can't get initiative.

So I used to really struggle against like sheik/marth/peach. But from just practicing I've been able to just beat them now. I don't lose to the down throw only sheiks at the tourneys I've been to. Against falco I always feel shut down (not from lasers). That's why I was wondering what you guys do to practice it.

No on the recordings. The person that does them locally hasn't uploaded our past tournaments yet. I don't know why.

aqualad33

Smash Rookie
You aren't gonna like this but you gotta get reket a lot by very good falcos so you can go through the stages of getting good at the matchup. Stage 1. Learning what gets you rekt: roll, dash dancing defensively, getting stuck in shield, ect. Stage 2. Learning proper defensive options and getting less rely: di out of combos, learning oos options, when to shield grab, when not to. Stage 3. Recognizing how use movement to make falcos attacks bad and create openings: dash dance forward shield a dair get the shield grab, fade away fair oos, eat laser fair, fair before he can laser, fair out of pillar combos. Stage 4. Punish game. Once you see all the ways to create openings, you learn to maximize them and make life a living nightmare for that poor bird with clipped wings. I've started to feel bad for that poor guy. With his weight, and terrible recovery he has such a hard time against a punish heavy marth that can recognize unsafe options.

PichuMaster3000

Smash Rookie
You aren't gonna like this but you gotta get reket a lot by very good falcos so you can go through the stages of getting good at the matchup. Stage 1. Learning what gets you rekt: roll, dash dancing defensively, getting stuck in shield, ect. Stage 2. Learning proper defensive options and getting less rely: di out of combos, learning oos options, when to shield grab, when not to. Stage 3. Recognizing how use movement to make falcos attacks bad and create openings: dash dance forward shield a dair get the shield grab, fade away fair oos, eat laser fair, fair before he can laser, fair out of pillar combos. Stage 4. Punish game. Once you see all the ways to create openings, you learn to maximize them and make life a living nightmare for that poor bird with clipped wings. I've started to feel bad for that poor guy. With his weight, and terrible recovery he has such a hard time against a punish heavy marth that can recognize unsafe options.
Yeah I understand that I will lose a lot. I just am trying to get the ball rolling instead of hoping that I get better.

Top Bottom