• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vrud destroyed me, help

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
So there's this vrud guy at my local tournament and the first match he 3 stocked me. Next game I slowed the pace of the game but still got 1 stocked. I co-main Peach and Jiggs, but because of lack of knowledge I ended up going Peach on FD both matches if my memory serves me well. I know nothing about Ness, what should I know?

PSI-Apocalypse

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I play ness and I can maybe help you, as a ness main I know that the worst thing that can happen It's to get out of stage without the second jump, also ness isn't the best player coming back from the air, 'cause his only option to get a "safely" back to ground is the dair, so when is above it's more vulnerable to get hit or even comboed, I hope I was helpful to you. sorry for the bad english :(

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
Thank you. What I'd like to know as well is what stages to pick and should I swap to jiggs or was Peach my best option? Also what can I do about Pk fire I always get caught by it, can I sdi out?

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Definitely sdi out. I would probably say Peach is a better option but I don't know. Just get Ness off the stage and gimp him. Though vrud is quite good at making it back.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Ness is a good weight for float cancel combos. I would much rather play against Jiggs than Peach, but I am also limited in tournament experience.

dan smith

Smash Champion
pick yoshi story. definitely the worst ness stage. use jiggz. spam aerials and grabs. rest kills at like 60%. gimp the recovery. don't be over eager with your aerials, be patient and you should be able to beat out ness aerial game. pk fire really shouldn't be a problem man. just jump over it or shield it. shielding it has no punish.

Top Bottom