• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote For Ridley! Screw the Naysayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Now before I start, I just want to say, please don't remove this. Just because this a controversial topic doesn't mean I'm trying to start a flame war. If angry people who are worried that they're character won't get in because of Ridley start flaming or trolling, remove their posts, not mine. There's no reason to restrict freedom of speech just because some crybabies are upset.

Anyway, don't let Sakurai's comments on Ridley dissuade you. There's a likely possibilty that Sakurai isn't even involved in these character additions, and it's just Namco. And to anyone saying voting for Ridley is stupid because there's no way they'll get in, piss off. I've seen so many people vote for incredibly unlikely characters. Shantae, Balloon fighter, Tingle, Captain Syrup, etc. Do you think that voting for a character that's backed by thousands, if not millions, is any less logical than voting for a character that will almost certainly not win? I don't think so. If you support Ridley, don't worry about "throwing your vote away" or anything like that. I doubt an insanely requested character in the Ballot would be completely ignored.

Ridley's inclusion in Smash would be great. Imagine how the fanbase would change. The Ridley flame wars that have plagued Smash Bros. since the Brawl days would finally end. And of course, there's also the fact that we'd get ****ing Ridley playable.

If you're here to tell people what they can and can't hope for in a videogame, then I suggest you leave. Don't tell me how your bitter, mariotehplumber-esque hatred for a videogame character is different from how I described it, just leave, please.

Last edited:

jman1954goat

Smash Cadet
Its actually confirmed sakurai is working on this because iwata said he talked to him about the fan ballot

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
Don't expect Ridley because it's highly unlikely that Sakurai will allow Ridley to be in the game. That being said, I actually voted for Ridley and it would be cool to see him in Smash 4, just don't get your hopes up.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
I don't like the topic title's tone, but I already voted for Ridley.

A character's possibility and likeliness shouldn't dissuade you from showing support for a character you'd like to see. For example, if you genuinely want to see Waluigi, regardless of whether he's an assist trophy or not, vote Waluigi. Not only do we have no precedent for who is viable from a DLC standpoint, but showing large amounts of support now could very easily be considered for future Smash games.

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
Its actually confirmed sakurai is working on this because iwata said he talked to him about the fan ballot
Sakurai's word is almost meaningless. "We won't get third party characters other than megaman" We get pac-man. "Mewtwo will be the only DLC character". Look at where we are now. There are, of course, many more examples. Please don't give me a bunch of Sakurai quote interpretations, you know what I mean here.

Plus, even if Sakurai really doesn't want Ridley, it's not up to just him. I figure that if there's a high demand for Ridley, they'll make it work. And even if they don't, it will likely have influence on Smash 5. And even if it doesn't, who cares. My other picks, Endless Ocean Diver and Toon Ganon are probably not getting in either.

jman1954goat

Smash Cadet
Sakurai's word is almost meaningless. "We won't get third party characters other than megaman" We get pac-man. "Mewtwo will be the only DLC character". Look at where we are now. There are, of course, many more examples. Please don't give me a bunch of Sakurai quote interpretations, you know what I mean here.

Plus, even if Sakurai really doesn't want Ridley, it's not up to just him. I figure that if there's a high demand for Ridley, they'll make it work. And even if they don't, it will likely have influence on Smash 5. And even if it doesn't, who cares. My other picks, Endless Ocean Diver and Toon Ganon are probably not getting in either.
i was not quoting sakurai i was quoting iwata stating the fact that sakurai is the person working on dlc. its possible sakurai will decide to make ridley playable but it is sakurai's call still

TheTrueCorrectGuy

Smash Apprentice
i was not quoting sakurai i was quoting iwata stating the fact that sakurai is the person working on dlc. its possible sakurai will decide to make ridley playable but it is sakurai's call still
No, it's not Sakurai's call, and if you think it is you're incredibly ignorant. Working on Smash 4 wasn't Sakurai's call. DLC after Mewtwo wasn't Sakurai's call. And if for some reason Sakurai is given special choosing privileges despite being made to do things he clearly didn't want to do, I don't care. I'm voting Ridley, and anyone who wants Ridley should vote for Ridley. If that bothers you, you probably need to get a hobby.

jman1954goat

Smash Cadet
No, it's not Sakurai's call, and if you think it is you're incredibly ignorant. Working on Smash 4 wasn't Sakurai's call. DLC after Mewtwo wasn't Sakurai's call. And if for some reason Sakurai is given special choosing privileges despite being made to do things he clearly didn't want to do, I don't care. I'm voting Ridley, and anyone who wants Ridley should vote for Ridley. If that bothers you, you probably need to get a hobby.
you misunderstand the point of my post i never said voting for ridley bothers me. i would be excited and hyped if ridley was announced playable. my original post was only correcting your statement that sakurai possibly wont be involved in the dlc. yes of coarse who to choose is not sakurai's decision alone but his input into who's selected has always been the heaviest factor

lightdasher

Smash Lord
If Ridley gets in as DLC it's a win-win, Ridleyfans finally shut the hell up, and I don't have to download him in my game.

Perfect.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Just saying...

I'm all for Ridley being in, but they're going to have to change his body shape and proportions so that he can be smoothly scaled down to a good Smash size. A lot of people, including Sakurai, could find this jarring, but I think it's worth it. As long as he's still recognizable.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I'm willing to bet that even if Ridley gets the most votes Sakurai will just ignore it. He knows how many people have wanted Ridley for years and still made him a boss.

Until Sakurai steps down as head director we'll probably never get playable Ridley under his rule.

ventus140

Smash Rookie
Im a big ridley fan. And so far i voted for ridley twice. Im making a vote for ridley each day with more reasons why ridley should be in smash. I was really disappointed when sakurai mentioned why ridley was not playable. But ever since then,i did give up on ridley because i really think ridley would make people think "wow!, i guess any character can make it in for smash bros" . Seeing project m consider ridley makes me suprised. I HAVE MORE HOPE IN RIDLEY ALOT MORE THAN BEFORE WHEN SMASH BROS WII U WAS NOT RELEASED:) I don't know any other character i want, i only want.........RIDLEY,LOL. And after playing project m mod ridley made by bagansmashbros, i felt like "I want to face people online with ridley, and too bad project m graphics don't look good as smash bros wii u" Im not saying they should put in a crappy moveset for ridley in smash bros wii u, but i really would like to see ridley at least playable. I know sakurai gives every character good movesets so im not worried. BUT RIDLEY IS STILL MENACING AND A THREAT AT ANY SIZE DUE TO HIS INTELLIGENT FIGHTING STYLE:) And if smash bros wii u does not have ridley playable, then sadly, i can never stop playing project m. I posted so many comments on miiverse about why ridley would be a great addition to the roster. Friend me on miiverse a message about ridley and please tell everyone to vote for ridley. My name is megaman140

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Ridley is not just unlikely at this point, he was downright condemned. Same with Chrom.

I was a Ridley supporter back in the speculation days, but I don't see him ever having a chance unless Sakurai has a drastic mood change or a new director steps in.

ventus140

Smash Rookie
(I MADE A TEXT ERROR ON MY RECENT POST ABOUT RIDLEY, READ THIS INSTEAD)Im a big ridley fan. And so far i voted for ridley twice. Im making a vote for ridley each day with more reasons why ridley should be in smash. I was really disappointed when sakurai mentioned why ridley was not playable. But ever since then,i did not give up on ridley because i really think ridley would make people think "WOW!, i guess any character can make it in for smash bros" . Seeing project m consider ridley makes me suprised. I HAVE MORE HOPE IN RIDLEY ALOT MORE THAN BEFORE WHEN SMASH BROS WII U WAS NOT RELEASED. I don't know any other character i want, i only want.........RIDLEY,LOL. And after playing project m mod ridley made by bagansmashbros, i felt like "I want to face people online with ridley, and too bad project m graphics don't look good as smash bros wii u" Im not saying they should put in a crappy moveset for ridley in smash bros wii u, but i really would like to see ridley at least playable. I know sakurai gives every character good movesets so im not worried. BUT RIDLEY IS STILL MENACING AND A THREAT AT ANY SIZE DUE TO HIS INTELLIGENT FIGHTING STYLE And if smash bros wii u does not have ridley playable, then sadly, i can never stop playing project m. I posted so many comments on miiverse about why ridley would be a great addition to the roster. Friend me on miiverse a message about ridley and please tell everyone to vote for ridley. My name is megaman140

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
^You can just press the Edit button under your last post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom