• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Voice chat for smash 4 3DS, yah or naw?

Goten21

Smash Journeyman
Very simple thread

Do you think smash 4 3DS (I'm really starting to enjoy the pun haha) will have voice chat

If so, Friends only or public as well? Do you think it would turn into a CoD disaster? If it will be availabe in public rooms, then I'm sure as hell praying for that mute option

Discuss

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think it could possibly have voice chat, but it would be limited to only talking with friends.

Personally, I would love to talk to the people whom I am setting up online Tournaments with.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
I don't know, When i played Battle Royale online the amount of gibberish and talking was just so irritating while i was playing the game and during the loading screens.

KawaiiPiranha

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, no thank you.
If I'm playing Smash with friends, I'm on skype with them anyway. I definitely don't need to hear little kids whining and yelling while playing online matches.

If there's the option to turn it off though, I guess I'm not opposed to the idea. I'd just never use it.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'm down for the feature. I don't really use Voice Chat in my online games to be honest, but I'd want to be able to at least verbally speak with Friends I'm Smashing with.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
All it would do is create lag, so regardless of if it's even a possibility in the first place given that it's a handheld online fighting game being attempted for the first time, i wouldn't approve of such a feature.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Yeah I think it should be included. And if people don't like it then can turn it off. Simple as that!

skyluigi2

Smash Rookie
NNID
skyluigi
3DS FC
5069-3912-3062
I've never been a big fan of voice chat in games. Especially with random people. I'd be okay if it was included, but only with friends, like Mario Kart 8.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
For voice chat, only with friends.
On 'With Anyone' play you should just type messages before and after battles.

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Mario Kart 8 friend races featured it, it was a big step up to finally let it happen! Id imagine friend battles in both versions would be available in Smash 4.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Yes. I will be disappointed if it's not there. I would like it for everybody, but if it's friends only I'll live.

Renji64

Smash Lord
Smash should have voice chat but people are dumb and think voice chat= People raging all the time or similar to the cod community or don't know how to use a mute option. You should be able to communicate with your friends. There is also a code of conduct as well for online i don't know if it possible on 3ds.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Only with friends. Even if there is a mute button, unless it's something quick and easy to hit (like a *shudder* touch screen button), you'd risk getting hit while trying to shut someone up. So, friends only.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
I would love to just talk s*** get others all worked up lol
I remember those days on CoD. Nothing personal, just for fun

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Yeah I guess, but for me, it really wouldn't matter. If I wanted to voice chat, I could probably use Steam.
Still, I think it could be awesome for everyone else. Smash is a game that I think could really benefit from a lot of online options.

Top Bottom