• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voice acting

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Since the VA for Mewtwo hasn't yet been released I tried to do a (bad) voice and it was pretty fun. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiZXHiNeU8s

But yeah, since we're on the subject, anyone here voice act or know voice actors? This kind of stuff interested me since I was a kid and I'd love to know more about how people behind the character do it! (maybe even one day being able to take over a voice of a popular character in smash muahahahahaha)

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The best way to get into is to create a reel (like this), and then start freelancing. The more paid gigs you have, the more you'll be able to leverage for better gigs.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Should watch the documentary called 'I know that Voice', made by a voice actor (who does Bender on futurama amongst other things) with all of his voice actor buddies. Really great doco highlighting the challenges, tricks and skills that they've picked up to stand out in their field. And also just amazing to watch how fast they go in and out of voices, and how well they can stay in character.

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
The best way to get into is to create a reel (like this), and then start freelancing. The more paid gigs you have, the more you'll be able to leverage for better gigs.
(Sorry for the late reply! I was really busy with life stuff D: ) by freelancing you mean like just doing random voices for people? but yeah that makes sense.

Last edited:

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Should watch the documentary called 'I know that Voice', made by a voice actor (who does Bender on futurama amongst other things) with all of his voice actor buddies. Really great doco highlighting the challenges, tricks and skills that they've picked up to stand out in their field. And also just amazing to watch how fast they go in and out of voices, and how well they can stay in character.
I'll definetely check it out, sounds really interesting!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
(Sorry for the late reply! I was really busy with life stuff D: ) by freelancing you mean like just doing random voices for people? but yeah that makes sense.
Yeah. Look up craigslist and search for voice acting gigs. You won't get video games or real movies, but you can get some work through ads and trailers.

Shadowken

Smash Rookie
Hey voice actor here. I've been doing online projects for about seven years (95% volunteer) There's so much to talk about in voice acting and how to get started. If you have any questions fill free to ask me. I actually started out impersonating characters like sonic shadow and mario years ago. Also check out my voice over demo's if you'd like http://leeturnervoices.com/demos/

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
I myself LOVE voice acting but it has just been little projects as of now, nothing really serious. Some dubbing on video games like Corpse Party (which isn't complete since the people behind it have given up on the project I think, *sigh*.) but that's pretty much it. I make videos on YouTube and do commentary for them, which is kind of related to voice acting, I suppose.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
I thoroughly enjoy voice acting, and do quite a bit of dabbling myself. Hopefully I can make a little money on the side with it one day. I've been lucky to know a career voice actor who's given me tips and told me I had good potential :)

ArcDawn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1993-8333-6433
Hey voice actor here. I've been doing online projects for about seven years (95% volunteer) There's so much to talk about in voice acting and how to get started. If you have any questions fill free to ask me. I actually started out impersonating characters like sonic shadow and mario years ago. Also check out my voice over demo's if you'd like http://leeturnervoices.com/demos/
I know it's been awhile but I haven't had the time to record because of school :O any mic's/filters that you would recommend?

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
I've been told I have a good voice for radio, and I've been interested in voice acting, but I've never known where to begin. Does anyone know any places where you can volunteer for voice acting online? I live in Belgium, so it's hard to find a lot of resources.

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
I've been told I have a good voice for radio, and I've been interested in voice acting, but I've never known where to begin. Does anyone know any places where you can volunteer for voice acting online? I live in Belgium, so it's hard to find a lot of resources.
Depends on what sort of voice acting you want to do. Perhaps you can begin by talking to some animators who may need an additional voice actor. Do some free work like that for awhile, and build your portfolio, then try applying for a voice acting part that will pay.

Top Bottom