• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Voice acting?

tmbjr

Smash Cadet
I'm just curious, did Ike have any VA in the E for All demo, like in his taunts or victory poses? He and Fox are like the only confirmed characters so far that had a considerable amount of speech in their original games (which is also the reason why I believe Marth and Roy were particularly chatty in their SSBM victory poses), and it'd be odd if he suddenly became a silent protagonist if he's already got a VA and plenty of dialog to pull taunts and victory phrases from.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing Ike will only speak in Japanese like Roy and Marth did in melee. It would be a nice perk if they had him speak in english too though. Don't quote me on that, I have no source and just going from a hunch.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I'm just curious, did Ike have any VA in the E for All demo, like in his taunts or victory poses? He and Fox are like the only confirmed characters so far that had a considerable amount of speech in their original games (which is also the reason why I believe Marth and Roy were particularly chatty in their SSBM victory poses), and it'd be odd if he suddenly became a silent protagonist if he's already got a VA and plenty of dialog to pull taunts and victory phrases from.
mk talks Mario probably says waaahoooo peach has to say something. dude you could of answered this yourself.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I know he has a voice-actor, since in the Fall Press Conference trailer, you can hear him say "hmph" during his taunt.

Jeremy092387

Smash Cadet
He might talk, but I know for a fact that he has an English VA. In the Press conference trailer, you can tell that he sounds different in the Japanese one.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I heard a rumor from a friend of mine that Ike's voice actor is a college football player. They wanted a kind of tough, big, strong man sound for him and I guess they went with a football player. Can anyone prove/disprove this for me?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hm, if it's possible to set it to JP language (I'm sure), you should be able to hear Ike's JP VA too.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
I would h8 if Ike speaks english 'cause his voice actor in the english PoR SUCKS compared to the japanese one. But the best option I would say is the same solution they had in Soul Caliber 2, that u can choose japanese voices or english instead.

Jeremy092387

Smash Cadet
Because his voice actor in Radiant Dawn is different, and much better.
Actually I believe it is the same. His voice actor, Jason Adkins is listed in the Radiant Dawn manual, which was the same person who played him in PoR.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Let's just hope they don't try to make the Japanese voice actor speak English, like they made Fox and Falco do.

It took me at least three weeks to figure out that they were saying "Mission Complete."

TheJalapeno

Smash Ace
From what I remember from the demo Ike didn't speak much and when I thought he did it was actually Pit. But he grunted a lot.

Althalus89

Smash Cadet
Well just as Xsyven says it would be the worst if the japanese voice actor was going to try and speak english.
But it would certainly ease things up if they just kept the japanese voice acting because that voice actor is "his original voice" if u know wat I mean. There's always good ppl who translate any japanese frases.

GenG

Smash Lord
Actually I believe it is the same. His voice actor, Jason Adkins is listed in the Radiant Dawn manual, which was the same person who played him in PoR.
I watched some cutscenes on youtube and the voice actor seemed different. I was told that Jason Adkins wasn't returning for RD. Well, he now sounds decent.

Top Bottom