• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vivi Support Thread

REZERO

Smash Journeyman

Vivi comes from FFIX originally on PS1 and remade for PC/XboxOne/PS4

Vivi said:
Sorrow - How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist...
Vivi is one of the main protagonists of Final Fantasy IX. While Zidane was the main character, Vivi was a much more popular character reaching #5 in IGN's The Most Popular Final Fantasy Character of All Time poll. Vivi also appeared in Kingdom Hearts II in Twilight Town near the beginning for those of you not familiar with him. As a character he is shy and caring as opposed to that cold killer atmosphere given off by the factory produced black mages in Final Fantasy IX.

Ground attacks
  • Neutral attack: Staff whack
  • Dash attack: Generic staff stab
Aerial Attacks
Throws/other attacks
  • Back/Forward: Drain opponents health 5% and gain 5%
  • Up: Thundaga
  • Down: Firaga
Special moves
  • Side B <-: Thundara
  • Side B ->: Fira
  • Up B:
  • Down B:
  • B:
This is just a fill in for the movelist, I think people can better discuss what kind of moves Vivi should have.

Keep in mind while there are other characters that are more popular within Square that Vivi still has a chance at making it in. Vivi would have an interesting moveset compared to the rest of the cast and he resembles black mage as well.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Supporters:
REZERO REZERO
Pizza Robo Pizza Robo

You can like the thread or express interest to be added to the support list.

Last edited:

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Been playing FFIX again on the Switch and it reminded me how Vivi is the goodest most precious boy who ever existed so I support. It's conflicting because Square Enix have most of the 3rd party characters I'd want for Smash (Terra, Crono, Slime and to a lesser extent Geno and Erdrick) and they've all vying for equal attention in my brain, but for the moment Vivi's taken centre stage.

So, yes. I support.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I support! while i love how FFIX characters isn't a story ONLY about zidane. but all of the party members have lots of place to grow (kinda why i also like FFXII) and Zidane is probably my favorite take of the old boring shonen boy protagonist, Vivi seems to be the closest to the most memorable character both by developers and fans (in a game with plenty of memorable characters, is not small feat)

While Cloud is the most iconic FF protagonist, and Kuja/Sephirot are the most iconic FF villians, Vivi is probably the most iconic Party character.

Plus he also represents the Black mage archetype. which is very iconic to FF (along the red mages, the summons or chocobos)

He isn't happening, not by a long shot... but litte guy can have my support XD.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
If I were to pick a second Final Fantasy character, Black Mage would be at the top of the list. Since Vivi is basically that, I'm all for him getting in.

Top Bottom