• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viruses

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
Could anybody tell me if SSB 64k can give you viruses. If it can, is it a way I can download it without exactly downloading it. Could I do the thing with the floppy disk. Help please.

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
why would project64k give you viruses?
that could only happen if you get the program from someone who purposely put the virus to mess with you

and how do you download it without downloading it o.O

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
if you thought that, then this topic is totally irrelevant, since you should already know downloading project64k has a chance to give you a virus

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
if your mind is set on "downloading anything can give you a virus",
then yes, yes it can

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so now you're answering your own question
This is where "this topic is totally irrelevant" comes to play again

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
I'm just asking for help no big deal, can't you do something with a floppy disk. Like go to the library and download it off of their computer, save it on a floppy disk, and open it on your computer. I never used one befor i'm just assuming

Thino

Smash Master
I'm just asking for help no big deal, can't you do something with a floppy disk. Like go to the library and download it off of their computer, save it on a floppy disk, and open it on your computer. I never used one befor i'm just assuming
doing this wouldnt prevent you from getting a virus. floppy disks are the main way to infect PCs with viruses FYI

Thino

Smash Master
Smashthugz already answered your question, I was just giving you information about floppies , nothing to do with pj64

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
It start acting up so i deleated it. I'll wait untill i can get a controller installed .....but when i was getting near to installing the controller it said you will have a risk catching a virus. Do any of you have any contrller suggestions. I have WIndow xp, so something compatible with that.

Thino

Smash Master
nearly all USB controllers are plug & play and compatible with XP

edit : you know about anitiviruses , dont you?

smashplayer16

Smash Ace
Oh Alright heres the thing my mom won't really let me download anything. I can't even install the controller because it has a risk of putting a virus on the controller.

Thino

Smash Master
1) Install an antivirus
2) Controller don't get viruses
3) Install your controller driver if it has one, if it doesnt it should work just by pluging it
4) Install pj64k
5)?????
6) profit !

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
...If this is how you approach the internet, you really won't be getting much done...

rokimomi

Smash Lord
This is equivalent to saying, everytime you breathe air, you get a chance at contracting...cancer. That's probably true nowadays, but you gotta breathe right?

SmashThugZ

Smash Journeyman
wow, okay
first you say "no it wont give me a virus", then you ask again?

connecting to the internet could get you a virus too, tell your mom that also
and you're saying you dont have a single downloaded program installed?
aim? msn? yahoo messenger? mozilla firefox? winamp? mirc? mp3s? avis? online games?

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
This is possibly the most stupid topic ever. I honestly don't understand how he managed to work out how to post on this forum.

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
OMG the horrible beep lol. I just know from some Beef xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom