• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia Tech tourney 4/28

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
well, turnout looks pretty crappy, but everything is set to go for tomorrow. Worse case it'll just be a fun fest.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Ha, I'm nowhere near this tourny, but I'd like to say a few things.

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought, "That idiot. How can he do something like this right after something so horrible happened?", however I assumed you'd pay no regard to the previous ongoings.

Anyways, I'd like to say that I admire what you're doing. Taking people's minds off what's happened is a great thing for you to do. I think it's just what people might need. A bit of refreshment for everybody that attends.

Thanks for taking some consideration, man.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
Well, we wound up with ten people, so it turned into an all day fun fest. We did a round robin for a dollar each, and I rocked everyone except andrew, who took me to the third match. Trevor randomly decided he wasnt going to be awesome, I was really expecting him to either come in close second or to take first, oh well.

Mad props to Face and Andrew for driving two hours to chill with us.

Unfortunately, this was probably the last one for a while, May looks impossible, and I'll be back home till July, so I dunno about June. But definitely one more in July.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Hey Bobz, we got home all fully alive and all that mess, despite driving by several deer, two cats, and a opossum.

Oh, some drunk idiot rear-ended us while we were still in blacksburg when I stopped to let people cross the road; we're okay and really all they did was scratch a tiny bit of paint off and push the bumper slightly out of place though. So its all spiffy I suppose.

I had more fun at this one than any of the others, seriously. I'm sure it helped some that I'm actually kinda good at the game now. 'Twas awesome getting all of those compliments about how much me and Andrew had improved.

I'm really gonna miss these man, but you needs the moneys... make sure to keep your smashing skills in shape, but don't improve too much; we still need to catch up.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
k so i thought i would bump the hell out of this cuz we are all here now i think cuz classes start tomorrow...bobz - are you there? i can just start a new thread for events this year or we could update this one

im on the 4th floor of Pritchard west but i dont have a cube or smash and haven't played all summer...

so yea....we should start up something in sept when alll of the crazy partying has slowed down...if it ever does slow down....

im thinking mon or tues nights would be good.

SO WHO ELSe IS HERE??!?

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
k so i thought i would bump the hell out of this cuz we are all here now i think cuz classes start tomorrow...bobz - are you there? i can just start a new thread for events this year or we could update this one

im on the 4th floor of Pritchard west but i dont have a cube or smash and haven't played all summer...

so yea....we should start up something in sept when alll of the crazy partying has slowed down...if it ever does slow down....

im thinking mon or tues nights would be good.

SO WHO ELSe IS HERE??!?
Ummmm, bs.

chillindude829

Smash Master
yo masa im on 3rd floor of miles. i talked to this one dude justin who gave me the rundown on VT smash, not that much smash going on but its better than nothing.

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
i played a group of guys for like 15 mins on friday night on the 4th floor of Pritchard...were you there?. i was the fox/link player that ***** everyone...

i guess once i get bored ill start organizing things if bobz dosen't want to do it.

chillin - pm me yr number.

Nava

Smash Journeyman
nope, i wasn't there. 5th floor is a bunch've guitar hero players, which i suck at. i have 2 controllers though if you want to have some casuals. i have no more classes for the rest of the day.

Bobz

Smash Apprentice
woot, i think chillin should just start a vt thread. we definitely have to set up a good fest this weekend or something, and i'm free most nights, you can aim me on Trebor9000

Top Bottom