• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia Smashers, Where You At?

MonkBard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-0453-0713
Hey there! So, I'm planning on moving to Virginia Beach, VA in a few weeks, so I wanted to know what the local scene would be like. Any Smashers over there, or in that general area? I play Sm4sh mostly, but I'm also working on Melee as well.

Cory John

Smash Rookie
NNID
SeeJayEnn
just moved to Virginia beach as well. trying to find something and posted on here but didn't really get anything. I know there are tournaments but I just don't know where yet. I really want to go again! where did you move from?

FancyFish

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3797-7503-7342
There are weeklies every friday at That Game Store. There're also some people playing sm4sh and melee there usually at the all-nighters. If you're going to college, odu and tcc both have smash scenes. The dave & busters was having some free tournaments last time I checked, but I'm not sure that's still going on. There's probably some other stuff going on too, ask around when you get here!

Baltimarth

Smash Cadet
Hey there! So, I'm planning on moving to Virginia Beach, VA in a few weeks, so I wanted to know what the local scene would be like. Any Smashers over there, or in that general area? I play Sm4sh mostly, but I'm also working on Melee as well.
I know this might be irrelevant, but how did you get that profile pic? I've seen the one Leffen has and I want one, it looks hand drawn but if there's anyway I could get one that'd be awesome.

MonkBard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2638-0453-0713
I know this might be irrelevant, but how did you get that profile pic? I've seen the one Leffen has and I want one, it looks hand drawn but if there's anyway I could get one that'd be awesome.
Actually, this profile pic was the result of winning an art commission from a local artist at a local tournament. I showed her the Leffen pic and asked if she could do that, and this was the result. :)

Kothorix

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kothorix
Stafford, VA. I'm not really comfortable driving far though, so Richmond or DC are about the furthest I'm willing to go for anything.

Klous

Smash Rookie
Visiting DC from WA state, brought a controller and 20XXTE memcard. I'm here until the 27th of Dec with virtually nothing to do, would love to get some smash in. Melee has my heart, but down to play anything. Travel options might be tricky but not impossible, especially if it's for melee.

Show me whatchu got, east coast

Shin Bowser Meow

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinBowserMeow
3DS FC
4184-3865-2383
Does anyone know about any tourneys in VA Beach?
There are weeklies every friday at That Game Store. There're also some people playing sm4sh and melee there usually at the all-nighters. If you're going to college, odu and tcc both have smash scenes. The dave & busters was having some free tournaments last time I checked, but I'm not sure that's still going on. There's probably some other stuff going on too, ask around when you get here!
RazzlerDazzler RazzlerDazzler The info FancyFish has is correct. D&B is done with Sm4sH tournaments for now. No news if they ever plan on running them again. I suggest joining the Hampton Roads Smash group on Facebook if you have it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/aivabrawl/ The next 2 Fridays That Game Store will be closed, but you can usually sound the horn and a random smasher will show up.

Sassy_Lad

Smash Rookie
Stafford, VA. I'm not really comfortable driving far though, so Richmond or DC are about the furthest I'm willing to go for anything.
I'm also in the Fredericksburg area, looking for the local melee scene

JoshD

Smash Rookie
I live in Franklin about 60 miles west of Va Beach. Where would I find tournament information at TCC, ODU, or other places in the area.

Top Bottom