• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia Smashers! Where you at!?

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
I'm in the NOVA area often and can host when in around. Looking for strong Smash4 players. Bonus points if you aren't super serious all the time and can enjoy some items and crazy stages too.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the NOVA area often and can host when in around. Looking for strong Smash4 players. Bonus points if you aren't super serious all the time and can enjoy some items and crazy stages too.
Hey, I'm all in! Just PM me with the schedule and location. I think NOVA has the potential to have a strong scene with the right people taking charge.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
Montclair, Virginia (Woodbridge/Dumfries Area)
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
I'm hosting another Smash 4 Wii U open friendlies session in Woodbridge VA Sunday March 8 1pm-5pm at Flashback Game Shop. $4 per player. Come get some practice with mid to advanced level players and meet some new faces in the smash community!
details here: http://smashboards.com/threads/wood...sh-meet-at-flashback-comics-and-games.391093/

There's also a tournament at Hard Times Cafe in Manassas called DMV fight lounge coming up Saturday March 7
Details here: http://smashboards.com/threads/mar-7-2015-dmv-fight-lounge-manassas-va.391645/

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
What's up everyone? Recently moved to NoVA, living in Vienna. Got smash for Wii U a couple weeks ago looking for folks to play with.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone! I'm from the Reston/Herndon area, about half an hour out from Vienna and Loudon, about an hour out from Alexandria. I play mainly Smash 4, but I have played Melee/Brawl and am trying to get more into PM. I'll go to any event nearby, provided my schedule lets me.

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
Montclair, Virginia (Woodbridge/Dumfries Area)
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
I'm a melee and pm smasher looking to for a smash scene in Prince William county around the Woodbridge area. Please reply if you know anything.
I've been organizing open Smash Bros. sessions at Flashback Comics and Games for about a month now. We mostly play Smash Wii U friendlies and practice. Some really cool people brought melee and project M last time and you're welcome to bring a set up for any smash game you like. I even had 64 on deck last time. The next planned session is Sunday March 22 from 1pm-5pm.

Check here for thread updates and future sessions: http://goo.gl/wp94LJ

Last edited:

Tornado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEF5Tornado
Is there any scene in Fairfax County near the beltway? I honestly have very little experience playing others beyond "For Glory" only one I've played is SleekMedia in this topic and was online of course. Haven't really done "in person" smash since 2009.

Cowtao

Smash Rookie
Player from Chesapeake VA. Wondering if there is anybody nearby or if there is a scene for Chesapeake smash. ;;;

MandL27

Smash Cadet
Hey all. As of today, I've moved into the Henrico/ Richmond area of Virginia and was wondering if there is a scene near by. I've always wanted to go, play and learn with other Smashers and am calling out to do anything I can to be able to make some new friends, have good times over a game I've wanted to sink my teeth into competitively for years! I'd love to hear back and play some games soon.

I mostly play Brawl/ Project M. Would love to learn to play Melee and am waiting for Smash 4 to really get into that too.
I find myself in that situation, too... being in a place where it doesn't feel like there's much of a tournament scene. I guess we could try doing a match one of these days.

WillLi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Syaoran05
I'm doing a bit of an interest check to see how many VA smashers would be interested in an online VA only tourney. The northern parts have some tourney action, but central and south VA seem pretty scattered so tourney's don't really organize so I figured why not use online?

http://smashboards.com/threads/virginia-online-smash-tourney.399213/ Here's the link to the interest check if anyone is interested.

Miqi

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone! Bit of an introduction, I'm the president of the Super Smash Bros club at VCU (and avid Samus main), and I've been TOing weekly tournaments with Milkman in Richmond for the past few months. These weeklies grew out of what Orangeforce started last semester (see his posts above); he had other commitments so I stepped up (with a period of Linkomac TOing in between). We've been working on growing the scene and have a pretty healthy tournament atm, with about 32 entrants/week for melee, 20 for PM, and we've even started running smash 4 tourneys now that people have wii Us to bring. The melee and PM tourneys are being streamed by Charlottesville's Living Studios at http://www.twitch.tv/livingstudios, and last week sm4sh was streamed by tohfoo at http://www.twitch.tv/tohfoo_. We've been getting increasingly more competitive, with local players improving and pros like Redd, Junebug, Starlord and Smashg0d coming to our events, and local businesses contacting me to do promotions, everything is looking up for the Central VA smash scene. We also (irregularly) have smash fests at peoples' houses, and most of that is coordinated on our club page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/204825246197520/

I'd love to start drawing folks from further away (Nova, Sova, MD etc) and we already have people coming from as far as VA beach to play with us. There are even rumors circulating that Chillindude might make an appearance (haven't played him since East Coast Elites in Cville was big, looking forward to it). The other TOs and I have been discussing the possibility of starting up an all-day monthly tournament to run over the summer and perhaps into the fall, as well as a summer regional either here or in SoVa.

I can't believe I didn't think to look for this thread sooner (I'm typing this a week before finals start here at VCU) but I can't wait to see what we can do over the summer to keep growing the scene.

Btw in case anyone sees this before it starts, our last big tournament of the college spring semester is tomorrow. Here's the link.
Main tourney: https://www.facebook.com/events/1113802385313331/
Sm4sh tourney (hosted across the hall from the main room, T.O.'ed by BrianYDG and Tohfoo:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1575972862643263/

Unfortunately I personally won't make it to these events, but they're in good hands. Redd is TOing this week.

Hope to see you this summer, and dsmash gimp every single one of you >:-)

nvrknwsbst

Smash Rookie
NNID
00nvrknwsbst00
I'm in Richmond, west end henrico area, I would love to get some people together and create a team and go out to tournaments and represent. I have Wii u and 3ds smash, controller hook up and a few controllers. I already have a few of my friends interested in playing and would like to have a few more people under our belts. Also, we all juat love to play and competition seems like the next fun step in the game. We are only really interested in smash4. Melee and project m are great, but I want the smash franchise to grow into something more then just a niche group. I look forward to playing with you guys, this site is great and I'm learning a lot- cant wait until the east coast, Richmond actually, gets big into smash. Let's make this happen!

MandL27

Smash Cadet
I'm in Richmond, west end henrico area, I would love to get some people together and create a team and go out to tournaments and represent. I have Wii u and 3ds smash, controller hook up and a few controllers. I already have a few of my friends interested in playing and would like to have a few more people under our belts. Also, we all juat love to play and competition seems like the next fun step in the game. We are only really interested in smash4. Melee and project m are great, but I want the smash franchise to grow into something more then just a niche group. I look forward to playing with you guys, this site is great and I'm learning a lot- cant wait until the east coast, Richmond actually, gets big into smash. Let's make this happen!
I'd be open for this, probably.
Edit:
I'm more casual than hardcore most of the time, certain items are fine (Home-Run Bat, Smash Ball, etc. are terrible), and so far the only stage I outright hate is The Great Cave Offensive. On-screen blast lines are the dumbest thing around.

Last edited:

Po3T

Smash Cadet
NNID
Axel1337

I am up for this. I also live in the Richmond (Just moved here).

Miqi

Smash Rookie
Just so everyone knows, there won't be any tournaments at VCU for the next 2 weeks. I can't reserve any spaces during final exams.

EDIT: However, if anyone's down, I will be hosting a smashfest at my place today (or tomorrow if there's more interest). PM me for my address.

Last edited:

Drizl

Smash Rookie
NNID
FExHank
3DS FC
2466-3132-0901
I'm from Winchester, Virginia and I'm looking to get serious about smash 4 and start attending some tournaments. If anyone around Nova knows of some tournaments happening any time in the next few weeks please let me know. Been coming through the boards for Winchester tournaments but I think the Nova area is the closest I can get

Genoblob

Smash Rookie
NNID
Genoblob
3DS FC
2836-0094-7248
Hey all, just letting everyone know that we're getting the smash scene back up and running in Richmond now that finals are over! Today we are hosting a melee/pm/sm4sh tournament over at Scott's Addition, with warmups at my place beforehand. Here's the event page.
https://www.facebook.com/events/1555986517998610/
Will you be running weekly Sm4sh events on Fridays?

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
Hey
Smash 4 player here who wants to get better. Anyone in Chantilly/Oak Hill/Herndon area? I can drive to Sterling also, but is a 20 min drive.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Hey
Smash 4 player here who wants to get better. Anyone in Chantilly/Oak Hill/Herndon area? I can drive to Sterling also, but is a 20 min drive.
Yoo what's up man? I'm from the Reston/Herndon area, and I play mainly Smash 4. I have a couple of friends who play Smash 4 also. We could play sometime over the summer.

SlipperyPenguin69

Smash Rookie
Seven of my friends and I play regularly in Alexandria Va if there is anyone near by. We were also looking to possibly crew battle if anyone has a crew near b.

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
Seven of my friends and I play regularly in Alexandria Va if there is anyone near by. We were also looking to possibly crew battle if anyone has a crew near b.
There's a weekly meet-up in Woodbridge, VA on Sundays. General rule of thumb at the meet-up is that if you bring a set up for your game people will play. Here's a link to the page on it: http://smashboards.com/threads/wood...sh-meet-at-flashback-comics-and-games.391093/
If you have questions, it's probably best to contact @ OluGhost OluGhost about the meet-up. Hope to see you there!

tjhazuki

Smash Rookie
Update from the NOVA Loudoun Crew:

We just started hosting weeklies in Northern VA last month. Turn outs have been fairly good so far; around 30 people attend each week. We host our weeklies at eStarland every Monday in Chantilly, VA. Mainly Melee but the TO's will be looking to do some PM/other games soon. Just now focusing on Melee. My tag is Waleeeee if you guys have any other questions. Thanks.

Event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/688309851269309/

FB Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/913637755325623/

-NVCC Loudoun Smash

Ravine

Smash Journeyman
I am like
Update from the NOVA Loudoun Crew:

We just started hosting weeklies in Northern VA last month. Turn outs have been fairly good so far; around 30 people attend each week. We host our weeklies at eStarland every Monday in Chantilly, VA. Mainly Melee but the TO's will be looking to do some PM/other games soon. Just now focusing on Melee. My tag is Waleeeee if you guys have any other questions. Thanks.

Event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/688309851269309/

FB Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/913637755325623/

-NVCC Loudoun Smash
I don't play Melee. Do you guys have smash 4?

tjhazuki

Smash Rookie
I am like

I don't play Melee. Do you guys have smash 4?
I think were going to start Smash 4 in the near future; not sure when. Gotta ask the TOs. Right now we just started up a month ago so were focusing on our Melee scene first.

Cultist

Smash Rookie
Heh I'm a GA smasher visiting Virginia for the week. Ill be in Winchester and wanted to know if there were any smashers nearby who'd like to jam it. Lemme know I'm johns'n to play.

Top Bottom