• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Virginia Smashers! Where you at!?

-FUZZ-

Smash Rookie
Hey all. As of today, I've moved into the Henrico/ Richmond area of Virginia and was wondering if there is a scene near by. I've always wanted to go, play and learn with other Smashers and am calling out to do anything I can to be able to make some new friends, have good times over a game I've wanted to sink my teeth into competitively for years! I'd love to hear back and play some games soon.

I mostly play Brawl/ Project M. Would love to learn to play Melee and am waiting for Smash 4 to really get into that too.

Omelet

Smash Rookie
I don't think there's a scene here. If there is, I haven't found it. However, there are the Civil War tournaments at VCU. I think Milkman lives around here too.

Omelet

Smash Rookie
I actually just found 2 Facebook groups. Just search "Richmond Smash" in groups. There's actually an event this Saturday (June 19) at Best Buy on West Broad Street. 12PM-5PM.

Sfeet

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I am also located in Henrico and am new to smash (competitively). I'll check out the Facebook group online.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
Virginia Smasher from Northern Virginia. WE DO EXIST!

ShmulTheShmelly

Smash Rookie
I live in Henrico and have a lot of friends plus my self that play mostly Project M. We are thinking about setting up weekly's soon.

Hey all. As of today, I've moved into the Henrico/ Richmond area of Virginia and was wondering if there is a scene near by. I've always wanted to go, play and learn with other Smashers and am calling out to do anything I can to be able to make some new friends, have good times over a game I've wanted to sink my teeth into competitively for years! I'd love to hear back and play some games soon.

I mostly play Brawl/ Project M. Would love to learn to play Melee and am waiting for Smash 4 to really get into that too.

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
I also was looking to start setting up a weekly! I have most of the stuff to set up a stream for it as well! I would be willing to TO if people are hesitant of the responsibility and I can coordinate with the venue that is decided on.

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
Ok we are drawling close to finalizing a plan so stay tuned! Should have pretty concrete details on Friday or Saturday!

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
Give me slightly more time to secure setups and such, I just moved so things are a little hectic!

SmasherP83

Smash Ace
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I line in Manassas but I'm not sure if there really is a "scene" around here that I know of.

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
Ok guys things are pretty final. Starting Friday the 29th I will be holding weeklies every week. 5:30pm registration 6:00pm tournament start at the VCU Academic Learning Commons (ALC) 1000 Floyd Ave, Richmond, VA, Rm# 2107. There is no venue fee but entry will cost 5$. I will supply free pizza and soda as well. It WILL be BYOC but enough setups to run the tourney will be provided. If you would like to bring a setup it is HIGHLY encouraged and they will be plenty of space. There will lots of parking in the Fan nearby on the streets because it is a weekend. You could drop off a setup at the ALC and then go park. Caution: Parking on Floyd Ave is pay until 8 pm on that night.

Here is a map for parking around the venue.

xY0D4

Smash Rookie
what days are these weekly's, is it Friday? Also, you dont have to be a VCU student to attend and compete do you?

Orangeforce

Smash Cadet
It is indeed Friday and correct it is open to the public! This week is brawl PM. Brawl and Melee are on rotation for the time being until I get enough setups to run them fast enough.

Last edited:

rudyss101

Smash Rookie
Just started playing the Wii U version. Looking to improve my game. I live in Northern Va (Alexandria). Anyone here host regularly in NoVa?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Just started playing the Wii U version. Looking to improve my game. I live in Northern Va (Alexandria). Anyone here host regularly in NoVa?
Im assuming by NOVA you mean NOVA Alexandria sadly the closest thing we have is a gaming club but we don't have any Wii Us around.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm looking for some NoVa action myself (I'm in McLean/Tysons) but most of the activity I see on the boards are Melee tournaments. I want to S4!

tjhazuki

Smash Rookie
The NOVA campus in Loudoun plays smash at the LR everyday. Its both casual and competitive. Maybe i can get them to setup weekly tournys or something

Tragic Magic

Smash Rookie
I live near Winchester VA and I'm looking for some people to play some Project M.

Last edited:

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
Montclair, Virginia (Woodbridge/Dumfries Area)
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
I'm in the Woodbridge, VA area. I recently started checking for smash 4 players and venues around town, and there's a little buzz of interest around here to do a weekly meet up for friendlies and eventually tournaments once it grows big enough.

If anyone here is in or around the area and wants to come out, hit me at dhowardusa@gmail.com so we can all connect, link up, and play!

I know the scene has the potential to burst through the surface as long as we all keep reaching out to each other and building it up together.

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
I live in Fairfax, VA (NoVa squad!). I'm currently at school in North Carolina but I have reliable transportation at home. I'm willing to travel, bring a setup, and help organize if someone is willing to host.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Dryden here. We're, like, near the tip. Marth can K.O Tennessee with us down here.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm in the Woodbridge, VA area. I recently started checking for smash 4 players and venues around town, and there's a little buzz of interest around here to do a weekly meet up for friendlies and eventually tournaments once it grows big enough.

If anyone here is in or around the area and wants to come out, hit me at dhowardusa@gmail.com so we can all connect, link up, and play!

I know the scene has the potential to burst through the surface as long as we all keep reaching out to each other and building it up together.
Sadly I'm bound to my area

OluGhost

Smash Cadet
Montclair, Virginia (Woodbridge/Dumfries Area)
NNID
oluxdeo
3DS FC
4141-1892-7943
I scheduled a casual Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS session at Flashback Comics and Games for Sunday, February 15, 2015 from 1pm to 5pm.

-Breakdown-
WHO?

I'm Daniel, I also go by Deo. I'm setting up this low key, open invitation session up with some friends. If you want some positive vibes, fun, and smash bros. this is the spot for you.

WHAT?
This is an open, casual, friendly play session for anyone who wants to come out and play the newest Super Smash Bros., meet other players, make some friends, and hang out. We'll have at least one main set up and more set ups are welcome and encouraged.

WHEN?
This session is scheduled Sunday, February 15, 2015 from 1pm to 5pm. We'd like to keep this going as a weekly event.

WHERE?
Flashback Comics and Games
(The Game Shop is behind the Comic Shop in the same business center, in a separate space/building directly behind it.)
The address for the comic store is:
3062 P.s. Buisiness Center Drive
Woodbridge VA 22192

WHY?
The goal is to build up the smash community in the Woodbridge area and connect players here and all around us in a positive way. I love video games and especially Super Smash Bros., I'm really excited and am looking forward to making this experience as fun as we can.

Hope to play with you soon!
-Daniel

Top Bottom