• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vinyl (Record Player) Help =]

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
:]

Hello friends, anyone want to assist me on buying my first record player? If this is in the wrong place I'm sorry, I don't think it is.

I'm looking for something that's fairly specific
  1. No more than $150
  2. Relatively portable, just nothing huge. I'm in a small apartment, college, yeah
  3. Can play with the dust cover on
  4. Does not have a heavy arm (I'm pretty paranoid about preserving my records, esp my limited edition fleet foxes stuff)
  5. Built in speakers are desirable but not mandatory, I'm finding most of my issues stem from this desire
There are a billion options out there that fit all of those but they tend to have the record almost entirely exposed. I'm not sure why anyone would want a record player that can't cover the record (like having a big, expensive CD spinning in the open).

So far, I have a few records between St. Vincent, Fleet Foxes, and MF DOOM in my collection. They are all some of my favorite acts, in the near future I plan on adding some Wu-Tang, Jay-Z, Flying Lotus, Gorillaz, The Knife, King Krule possibly Death Grips and plenty more. Talking about it makes me excited already.

(I planned on starting my collection next year, you know after I had a turntable, but I couldn't help myself after seeing a bunch of LPs I love so much I had to grab them)

But yeah if anyone has any help for a beginner that would be lovely.

I was looking at the Jensen JTA-460, and was pretty set on it, but I've read too many reviews on people having issues with the tone arm and there being substantially too much tracking force.

Last edited:

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
I just bought a Crosley Cruiser turntable the other day. It's portable and is in the style of a briefcase. I highly recommend it, $80 Unknown.jpg

Top Bottom