• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villain Trio Prediction (Event Match-based)

FishSlappinDance

Smash Cadet
Even since the days of Smash 64 (albeit cut), having a trio of villains represented in Event Matches or even the Adventure Mode.

In Smash 64, our cut trio consisted of the King of the Koopas Bowser, the self-proclaimed King of Dream Land Dedede, and the legendary Genetic Pokémon Mewtwo.

:bowserbrawl: :mewtwomelee: :dededebrawl:

In Melee, Event Match 51 provided us the ultimate fight against them, Bowser (in Giga Form), Ganondorf, and Mewtwo.

:bowsermelee: :ganonmelee: :mewtwomelee:

Lastly, Brawl didn't stray far from Melee's rendition, simply replacing Mewtwo with Dedede.

:bowserbrawl: :dededebrawl: :ganonbrawl:

That said, who would you like to see in Smash 4's trio? Would you like it to remain untouched or would you want to see Mewtwo usurp his spot from Dedede? Or would you want the two completely ignored and replaced with a new villain like King K. Rool or Ghirahim join forces with Bowser and Ganondorf?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Question: Who said it has be a trio again? What if it's a pentaforce or a seven stars force?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Mewtwo/Ganondorf/Ridley seem like the most evil sadistic combo.

No offense to Bowser or K.rool

What a Villian line up!
Bowser
Ganondorf
Ridley
King K.Rool
King DeDeDe
Mewtwo

damn make it happen Sakurai!!!

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bowser, Ganondorf, and Ridley would probably fit the bill, especially when given the proper Final Smashes.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i just wanna say that i think they'll probably do a Trouble Kings trio event using Bowser, King DDD, and King K Rool this time around.

Metal_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darktriforce1990
3DS FC
0216-0895-5308
um fish bowser,dedede and mewtwo weren't in ssb 64. oh nvermind

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Trouble Kings 3 will happen. No doubt about it. After that, for the final few event matches, the villain makeup is anyone's guess.

In terms of adventure mode, I see Ridley being characterized as an attack dog (rather than the intelligent leader he is) and Dedede once again being ambiguous. Thus, Bowser, Ganondorf and K. Rool (and Wario, if he's not abandoned halfway through the adventure) will serve as the main villains.

Edit: Oh, and Mewtwo...I have no clue how he'll be portrayed, since he seems to be a more Well-Intentioned Extremist than a For The Evilz villain.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I presume the villains will be categorized in ether playing the role of being servants for the true big bad, or being anti-heroes determined to stop the other villains for their own reasons. Essentially, there will be two distinct "trios":

Antagonists: Ganondorf, Ridley, King K. Rool
Anti-hero: Bowser, Mewtwo, King Dedede

D

Deleted member

Edit: Oh, and Mewtwo...I have no clue how he'll be portrayed, since he seems to be a more Well-Intentioned Extremist than a For The Evilz villain.

Only in the anime and I believe the Pokemon Adventures manga.
In the games, Mewtwo is essentially if Akuma was a telekinetic cat-thing. He has a savage heart and thinks of nothing but defeating his opponents, which is well reflected in Melee in his personality.

As for a new "alliance" of sorts, I don't see Mewtwo working with anyone, just like Akuma. More or less, he'd only seek out who he thinks would be a worthy opponent, and continuously attempt to fight them in a battle to the finish. Just like Akuma.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Like stated, the anti-heroes will simply retaliate against the antagonists for their own reasons.

Bowser because he wants to get revenge on King K. Rool and reclaim his castle.
Mewtwo because he wants to prove that he is stronger then the best of the best.
King Dedede because he doesn't want the world to be destroyed by the big bad's true intentions.

Also they won't actually team up at any point, but in the case of Bowser and King Dedede they'll form a temporary alliance with the protagonists to complete their goals.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Like stated, the anti-heroes will simply retaliate against the antagonists for their own reasons.

Bowser because he wants to get revenge on King K. Rool and reclaim his castle.
Mewtwo because he wants to prove that he is stronger then the best of the best.
King Dedede because he doesn't want the world to be destroyed by the big bad's true intentions.

Also they won't actually team up at any point, but in the case of Bowser and King Dedede they'll form a temporary alliance with the protagonists to complete their goals.
Thats how Mewtwo ''Was'' During ''Strikes Back'' & in ''Returns'' and after Hes more open now and is in a state of mind were he just wants to be left alone and not disturbed and will retaliate if he sees something thats wrong to him also if he is threatened ofc.

He went from Huge hatred bent on vegenancs on human and to liberate pokemon from trainers because he deemed them slaves to humans alot like team plasmas first agenda.

To Realising not all humans are bad as Giovanni and that Pokemon and humans love and respect each over.

Then he learned a very big thing to let that his agenda and perceptions were wrong again and learn that all his clone pokes should be free and to do what they want but he still feared for there safety despite saying its not out of ''compassion'' but he seems to learn as he goes along and corrects himself to become better he seems to keep denying his happiness and freeness because hes a clone and feels like he doesnt deserve to be free and live in the real world because he isnt real.

Maybe it was out of compassion too or maybe he just defends his beliefs strongly if it be the positive thing to do

What i think/hope what happens in Sm4sh that he would be found alone somewhere in a cave maybe and would be persuaded by other evil villians to join the evil alliance i think he will disagree.

But then maybe without his help the world would be destroyed and that to him is against his belief so he will defend or more directly i assume Ganondorf will try force his power which is a very bad descison xD you dont wanna try to control Mewtwo...look what happened to Giovanni when he tried...

D

Deleted member

Again, that's only in the anime.
Mewtwo is only a beast of battle in the game canon, which would be how Mewtwo would be in Smash, due to being how he was in Melee.

Mewtwo never had such "hatred of humanity" in the games.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Mewtwo is only a beast of battle in the game canon, which would be how Mewtwo would be in Smash, due to being how he was in Melee.

I was talking about how he could be reflected in the story.

But yes when in battle hes completely ruthless!

D

Deleted member

Except that as I've SAID, Mewtwo knows no compassion and never had a hatred of humanity in the games.
All he thinks about is fighting and lacks a compassionate heart.

So none of the compassion shown in Mewtwo Returns would be factored.

If anyting, how the Mirage Mewtwo from the Mirage Pokemon special acted was more or less how Mewtwo is like in the games.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
3 Kings is a given and will probably even get that as the name of the event.

K.Rool, Bowser and Dedede

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord

OBJECTION!!
Your "only in the anime" sentence has less value than you think.
TAKE THAT!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meowth were originally quadrupeds in the games but they all became bipedals in later games, and it's because of the anime.

Meowth for SSB4!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Meowth were originally quadrupeds in the games but they all became bipedals in later games, and it's because of the anime.

Meowth for SSB4!
Agree!! But not the Team Rocket one (that one is pretty lame on the the combat viewpoint).
We are talking of Mewtwo anyway here. In Melee I loved how he was using the objects without touching them. It made him pretty darthvaderish. He HAS to return!

P.S. Ops! This is not the Mewtwo thread, not even the characters section. I got confused. Sorry!

D

Deleted member

@Hypercat: So you're using a game that was specifically influenced by the anime as reasoning against why Mewtwo's lack of savage, fight obsessed nature in the anime will be part of his character in his Smash return?

What is your point? Even in Yellow, Mewtwo was not a confused individual that hated humanity for their views of them being superior nor an individual that showed concern for others. It was just like how it was in R/B, a savage beast of battle.
In MELEE, Mewtwo was just a savage beast of battle. The only influence the anime gave it was that it could talk and one quote about questioning its existance.
It's other quotes are calling his opponents foolish (most likely in context of attempting to defeat him) and saying that he cannot be defeated, which complies with his in-game nature of thinking only of defeating his opponents.

@Arcadenik: Not true. Meowth have been shown to be able to walk on their hind legs since Red and Green.
Even in old Sugimori art for Bandai cards. (Ones that show beta things like the Kakuna "arms" and Pikachu's white Raichu-like belly)

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
since the Wii U can have 5 people in the same room playing simultaneously, I was thinking that the limit of characters on play at a time outside of Multi Man mode can be expanded to 5 so there would be a villain Quartet. I just know for sure there will be at least 1 new villain!

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
since the Wii U can have 5 people in the same room playing simultaneously, I was thinking that the limit of characters on play at a time outside of Multi Man mode can be expanded to 5 so there would be a villain Quartet. I just know for sure there will be at least 1 new villain!
The WiiU is 5 player?

all controll options except Gamepad/Tablet though right?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
One question. In terms to plot how would Wolf be handled? He's an antihero but would he be treated like Wario (villains side) or Meta-Knight (heroes side)?

I think Mewtwo would be considered a villain. He just wouldn't team up with anyone. The final event match would probably be Boswer, Ganondorf and King Dedede again. Or itcould be a fight against all of the villains/antiheroes.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
The pokemon in the smash series originate from the anime. Except for pokemon trainer, you could tell that because he is gen. 1. Just look at lucario; his movie came out. And the lucario in the movie was all about using aura and could talk. This is the lucario in smash. Mewtwo is the mewtwo from the first movie.

Anyways, I was thinking just like Yitsul in the fact that the Wii U is 5 player and will have a quartet of villains instead of a trio.
I see Bowser, K. rool, Ridley, and Ganondorf being them. But Mewtwo and King dedede will probably be present as well

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Palla, Catria and Est. :troll:

On a serious note though, why should they have a trio of villains? It's not like it's an obligation or something. If they'd do it, I'd want a sort of return of Event Match 51 from Melee. Giga Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo is just about the worst thing you could face in a mixed Nintendo universe. But I see no reason why regular Bowser, King Dedede, King K.Rool and Ridley couldn't fit in somewhere else along the lines.

Top Bottom