• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager's Item Recycle Glitch

Husky Holidays

Smash Rookie
I'm new here and I just created an account in order to share this. Villager can re-pocket an item after it is used up if you time your pocket correctly. This means the item's effect will occur but you will keep the item in your pocket to use again. I tried it with sticky bombs, bananas, and Megaman's side b. It does not work with Megaman's side b. Sticky Bombs are the easiest to pocket after it is used so try sticky bombs first. Bananas require very strict timing. Video proof below:
(Sorry for glare)

It is also worth noting that with Pocket Plus you can throw a banana and recycle it horizontally with proper spacing.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I guess so long as Villager goes into the pocketing animation he doesn't actually "take" the pocketed projectile, but instead a duplication of the projectile is made.

Husky Holidays

Smash Rookie
I guess so long as Villager goes into the pocketing animation he doesn't actually "take" the pocketed projectile, but instead a duplication of the projectile is made.

I think it just that the item does not disappear instantly after being used but your guess is as good as mine. I am just hoping someone could find a practical use for this.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Can I do this out of ZDrop banana or JC Glide Toss?
Also can I do this if the opponent runs over the banana?

It seems like this would work on all pocketable items that can be repocketed after thrown.
Would this work out of... Fruit from trees by any chance? Since there's a small delay between taking it out of pocket and eating it, I think..
I want to know the limits of this glitch.
Maybe?

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

It seems like this would work on all pocketable items that can be repocketed after thrown.
Would this work out of... Fruit from trees by any chance? Since there's a small delay between taking it out of pocket and eating it, I think..
I want to know the limits of this glitch.
Maybe?
Infinite healing lets go.

Husky Holidays

Smash Rookie
It works with z-dropped bananas. Short hop>z-drop>pocket might be a practical way to recycle but I've only done this with training dummies.
Even if you do this successfully you have little time to actually punish Diddy as you are stuck in pocket animation. It might not be worth it :(
I could not get it to work with JC glide toss but it might be possible.

mmik

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmikleson
maybe team heal balls can be pocketed as they hit your teammate

lol

Top Bottom