• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager's FSmash Ledgeguarding

PlasmaButt

Smash Rookie
NNID
KingOfPlasma
Really short post, but I wanted to ask about this. Does Villager's FSmash cover all the basic recovering options? After playing with a friend extensively, I've been hit numerous times while doing the getup attack, roll onto stage, and jumping from the ledge. It seems like the bowling ball lasts so long that it catches the first hurtbox frame. :i

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Really short post, but I wanted to ask about this. Does Villager's FSmash cover all the basic recovering options? After playing with a friend extensively, I've been hit numerous times while doing the getup attack, roll onto stage, and jumping from the ledge. It seems like the bowling ball lasts so long that it catches the first hurtbox frame. :i
you might want to hold on to the ledge just a little bit longer

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Won't that pretty much end in my ledge invincibility ending?
I mean Villager's bowling ball doesn't have the active hitboxes to beat all the get up options outside of timing so maybe you can mess your friend's timing by holding on to the ledge a little longer / immediately doing a get up options.
tbh i never heard or seen bowling ball being used as a ledgeguard option

zang

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zangoose
I mean Villager's bowling ball doesn't have the active hitboxes to beat all the get up options outside of timing so maybe you can mess your friend's timing by holding on to the ledge a little longer / immediately doing a get up options.
tbh i never heard or seen bowling ball being used as a ledgeguard option
it's like my go to ledgeguard option since it's just so good!
generally when you have your invincibility frames, you won't get bowling balled so try not regrabbing the ledge i guess?
or if you could try not going low (bowling ball reach) more mid to high recovery.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
It shouldn't hit you if you use a roll getup.

In fact, that is exactly what roll getups are designed to defeat.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
just be scared if he plants a tree by the ledge, chops it once.

You roll, he'll bowling ball behind him. Normal getup or jump? TREE

XD

Top Bottom