• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager's fair reflected by a dash attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
So there was something interesting me and sparring partner just discovered. I was palutena and he was villager. What happened was the villager did a full hop, and when he was descending at 2/3 height of his full hop, he cancelled his momentum with side b. But then when he was descending at 1/3 height of his full hop he used a fair. From the moment he used the side-b I started to dash towards him. When he used fair, I used dash attack. I land the dash attack, and I was low enough not to get hit by the loyd rocket.
Now we all know about the invincibility behind Palutena's dash attack but this is something else. Me and my partner see the villager recoil twice from damage. Palutena's dash attack only hits one time last time I checked. Villager also went from 6% to 20%. No equipment whatsoever. Palutena's dash attack only deals 9%, so where did that extra 5% come from? The only explanation could be from the slingshot.
My partner also remembered a time where an Ike deflected a fair with an aerial.

Can anyone else confirm this? If it really is true, do you think it will affect how people can play against villager?

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The late hit on Palutena's dash attack hits for 5%. There's a funky mechanic where attacks that don't rebound can hit the same character with two different hitboxes if they clank something with their attack. In this case, Palutena's dash attack hits for 9% and clanks fair, then hits again for 5%, for 14% total.

Here's a visual example of it with Ike's dash attack against Luigi's fireball, connecting the 14% early hit (15% with freshness bonus) and the staled 9% late hit for 24%.

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
That makes clear sense. ok feel free to lock this up. sorry for the commotion :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom