• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villagers Custom Moves Revealed!

Prince Lolz

Smash Apprentice
This is not my site or post, I've just been digging through the internet these past few days for the custom moves, and somebody finally posted them.
http://berathen.com/2014/09/villager-custom-moves.php

For those too lazy to look at the pictures...

Neutral Specials
-Bloom Pocket: Pocket has a smaller grab box, and the projectiles get less of a damage boost. However hitting people with it causes a flower to pop on their head doing damage over time.
-Wide Pocket: Bigger Grab range, but less damage. Has a bit of ending lag.

Side Specials
-Climb Rocket: Goes straight for just a second, then climbs upwards. Pretty Simple.
-Big Lloid: Just a much bigger rocket, more damage but slower and covers less distance.

Up Specials
-Explosive Balloon Trip: While Flying you can press A to detonate one of your balloons. Losing/detonating both leaves you helpless after a boosting jump.
-Super Balloon Jump: Ditches the control for even higher vertical distance. Apparently you can get above the stage from near the bottom boundary using this move.

Down Specials
-Moody Sapling: While a planted sapling it trips people who walk over it. When its a tree it magically hits people who attack it XD Its very weak and will vanish very quickly however.
-Mega Sapling: Its a giant tree with crazy damage, but it takes a bit longer and vanishes rather fast.

Thank you very much for finding this! I'm surprised it took so long to get the Villager's customs found out.

I feel Explosive Balloon Trip and Moody Sapling will supersede their regular counterparts in usage. Moody Sapling sounds like it will be a lot more useful for stage control.

Last edited:
Thanks a ton for this. Seeing the moves in action is always a plus.

Anyway, yeah, it seems like the moody sapling or whatever its official name is will be the best variation because it actually has utility. The high jumping balloon trip is probably the best because it gives you a hitbox and you don't lose out on much by not getting more horizontal maneuverability. Rising gyroid seems gimmicky, so I'm gonna end up sticking with the regular one.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I shall use the Moody Sapling to troll.

The Mega Sapling also seems pretty useful.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I like the multi-hitting Gyroid and the Moody sapling. Feels like it has more utility overall. Also explosive balloons since you can kinda put them around the stage for more control. Just do up-b grounded and hold down.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Thank you very much for finding this! I'm surprised it took so long to get the Villager's customs found out.

I feel Explosive Balloon Trip and Moody Sapling will supersede their regular counterparts in usage. Moody Sapling sounds like it will be a lot more useful for stage control.
In 1v1's the regular sapling's best uses will probably be as a mine (a growing tree can kill surprisingly well!)
as well as the woodchip projectiles it can create (though they seem rare).

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Watched the video. He's actually got my favorite custom moves. They all seem pretty useful in one way or another.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
My thoughts on the customs:

Garden: This seems like it would be the preferred custom in any match-up where your opponent doesn't have projectiles, as it gives you another quick move to poke at people with, and it has high initial knockback which could allow for some low percentage gimps.

Easy Pocket: Pointless, because Pocket already has a very generous hitbox to begin with, and losing damage on it isn't worth it all.

Rising Lloid: Mostly useless, because Villager already has an excellent vertical recovery, and the move loses its ability to cover your approaches. I say mostly useless only because if you use the ledge explosion trick with this custom, it's even stronger then the default version, doing 33% damage and KOing at about 40% on average.

Pushy Lloid: While it doesn't go as far and moves slower, you can actually get some hits in on your opponent as they're being pushed along, which gives it additional offensive value. You'll also almost always end up right next to your opponent if you ride it until it explodes, which leads to easy aerial follow-ups even at KO percentages. It only does a measly 9% damage with a ledge explosion, however.

Extreme Balloon Trip: This one is interesting, as not only does it allow you to defend yourself while recovering, it also can be used to improve Villager's gimping ability, as the balloon explosions have good knockback if you sweetspot them, plus Villager bounces high enough into the air after the second explosion to make it back to the ledge safely with relative ease.

Balloon High Jump: Probably the safest recovery option out of all them due to how quickly it moves, coupled with it having a hitbox during the initial ascent. Not much else to say about it, though.

Counter Timber: This gives you a ridiculous amount of stage control. The sprout remains for a very long time, and severely limits your opponent's ability to approach you on the ground if you just camp out by it. The tree itself can be used an effective edgeguard, as you can hit the tree yourself to make it emit the counter shockwave, which has a huge hitbox and launches at a low horizontal trajectory that can gimp a lot of characters with weaker recoveries.

Giant Timber: It takes too long to get the tree out compared to the normal Timber, and I feel as though the standard version is more then strong enough to begin with. The axe also doesn't get nearly enough of a power increase to warrant its increased start-up lag, whereas it can used as an effective punish with the standard version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom