• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Video Thread

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I finally got a chance to get some decent footage on stream after such a long time. I've gotten a decent amount of chances to get on stream too, but every time I do, the footage either disappears/corrupts or I do badly lmao. Despite my opponents unfortunate suicides, however, I really liked my play in this one so I decided to upload it. I was playing around with actually using the banana instead of just re-pocketing it all the time and I think its working out nicely for me! I actually did really nicely at smash attack getting 4th place and even beating out players like Ninjalink and John Numbers. My fellow Villager maining crew mate GoldTStar also did really nicely! Suffice to say, the Villager boys definitely came through that day lmao.

May I ask how long you have been in competitive Smash Bros?

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
May I ask how long you have been in competitive Smash Bros?
I've been playing smash bros for as long as I can remember, but I never really played at a competitive level or anything until I joined my first tournament back in September 2013 and all my tournaments were PM only. I had always played Melee with my buddies, but I never joined tournaments for it, and I just flat out didn't play Brawl almost at all.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I've been playing smash bros for as long as I can remember, but I never really played at a competitive level or anything until I joined my first tournament back in September 2013 and all my tournaments were PM only. I had always played Melee with my buddies, but I never joined tournaments for it, and I just flat out didn't play Brawl almost at all.
Here's something that might appeal to you a little.

Back in October (When the 3DS version of Smash was released and my 3DSxl got lost before release) I was on the Gamefaqs Smash U forums and made a post about how if Villager mains exist at all. I got a few responses about how there are a few notable Villager mains. I was told the best was a guy name Zee. The person who told me this linked to your YT channel.

I saw your fluid motions as you worked with Villager. Then for some odd reason. I just started to get interested in competitive Smash Bros. When I got Smash U. I just made a Smashboards account, found your page and then started off from their.

I know this was a bit off-topic, but I just wanted to tell you that story. GGs m8 :)

Edit: Yes, I can be very dramatic sometimes.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Back in October (When the 3DS version of Smash was released and my 3DSxl got lost before release) I was on the Gamefaqs Smash U forums and made a post about how if Villager mains exist at all. I got a few responses about how there are a few notable Villager mains. I was told the best was a guy name Zee. The person who told me this linked to your YT channel.

I saw your fluid motions as you worked with Villager. Then for some odd reason. I just started to get interested in competitive Smash Bros. When I got Smash U. I just made a Smashboards account, found your page and then started off from their.

I know this was a bit off-topic, but I just wanted to tell you that story. GGs m8 :)

Most of my earlier tricks with Villager came from zee XD

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479

Not dramatic at all my friend, not dramatic at all. Its words like this and my fellow aspiring Villager mains why I will never seriously consider dropping the character and will always strive to bring the best out of him that I possibly can.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea

Not dramatic at all my friend, not dramatic at all. Its words like this and my fellow aspiring Villager mains why I will never seriously consider dropping the character and will always strive to bring the best out of him that I possibly can.
Everyone needs a role model Zee :4villager:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
ive been uploading my zss replays like crazy, so I thought it was time to upload some more villager.

I really need to get back to this guy.

EDIT:
this one just got freshly uploaded, one thing to note: Dat ledge attack stage spike. funny stuff.

Last edited:

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Got a match on stream on the last Nebulous, give it a look and see! I do some pretty neat combos on the first match.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Got a match on stream on the last Nebulous, give it a look and see! I do some pretty neat combos on the first match.

Btw pocketed Shifting Shuriken can lead in to nair ou u tilt/air maybe axe

ScrubCakes

Smash Rookie

Wow zee, your tech chases are so on point, it's amazin'. May I ask what matchups do you use pushy lloid for? Also lol at the commentators calling lloid cactuar.

Cheers

Smash Apprentice
Got a random clip from FG today. Thought it was funny because he kept taunting me after he got a kill with diddy kong then he switched to Ganon. The results>>>

https://vine.co/v/O9YVTW1neLW

he left after lol

also I recently made this vine account so I'll try to post more villager stuff o;

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Wow zee, your tech chases are so on point, it's amazin'. May I ask what matchups do you use pushy lloid for? Also lol at the commentators calling lloid cactuar.
I use it for characters that don't out-range me like sonic, captain falcon, little mac, etc.

What happens if you use it on like Diddy Kong or someone with good long ranged projectiles (peanut) is that they'll just start playing defensively cause they know your lloid can't reach them which forces you to approach and that really sucks for villager.

Not sure if its better against reflector/absorb characters or not yet though, but it helps vs rosalina cause luma gets sucked in.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
I use it for characters that don't out-range me like sonic, captain falcon, little mac, etc.

What happens if you use it on like Diddy Kong or someone with good long ranged projectiles (peanut) is that they'll just start playing defensively cause they know your lloid can't reach them which forces you to approach and that really sucks for villager.

Not sure if its better against reflector/absorb characters or not yet though, but it helps vs rosalina cause luma gets sucked in.
Is the third lloid custom any useful at all? (The one where it goes up)

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Is the third lloid custom any useful at all? (The one where it goes up)
Anti air (turnips would be better)
Recovery (as if villager needs more recovery options)
But otherwise no.... completley useless, except maybe in teams, its similar to mega mans danger wrap

Gloman600

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gloman600
Warning Received
So I just got a Capture Card

I need to mess around with it a bit more to find out how to make better videos and stuff, but the point is, I love this match I had with my friend XP Especially the ending...

What do yall think? ;3
could've used bowling ball off edge so many times

More delicious @ zeezee zeezee goodness
hold up whose in buff state hoodie? I go to buff state lookin for smash community wassup

Last edited by a moderator:

HowaitoKumaSan

Smash Apprentice
So I got 2nd place in my region's wifi weekly on Sunday after getting hilariously stomped on by the Ness player who usually takes 1st. Was wondering if there were any pointers/suggestions that could be had from the footage that was recorded:

Trying to git gud for EVO and possibly NCR, so any sort of advice would be welcomed. I started doing much better after the bracket reset, but I lost my composure during those first 3 games, which is why I switched to Pit.

Last edited:

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
So I got 2nd place in my region's wifi weekly on Sunday after getting hilariously stomped on by the Ness player who usually takes 1st. Was wondering if there were any pointers/suggestions that could be had from the footage that was recorded:

Trying to git gud for EVO and possibly NCR, so any sort of advice would be welcomed. I started doing much better after the bracket reset, but I lost my composure during those first 3 games, which is why I switched to Pit.
You might want to consider baiting the bat and pocketing the returned gyroid. Then as a mix up, you can jump over and fast fall dair/nair to punish.

When you get ness off stage, try to force them to use pk thunder to recover. Pocketing the pk thunder = instant death. You did that once, and you could have done it once before, but you wiffed a dair. Pocket has more range and iff you miss, your still invincible.

Dont release a gyroid up close as it takes a while for it to become active.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
Hey guys! My area's Smash Bros. monthly was this weekend and after a rough go for my Samus in set one of grand finals I decided to use my Villager against my opponent's ROB for set two! I thought I'd go ahead and post it here. It was a customs tournament, and I went 2322 Villager.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYcCBpaxLjM&list=PLBdcyJcuP5mT2S5-xA6-gI-HspvBPdbe_&index=5

Edit: I started using Villager around the 8 minute mark in this video during the first GF set. I possibly might have taken it here if I'd just remembered to ban Delfino >.<
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAeciL50FaM

Last edited:

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
So I placed 3rd at Nebulous this Sunday beating some of the best players in our region such as John Numbers and MikeKirby! My wins versus John Numbers never seem to be recorded on stream sadly, but I at least was able to play Mike on stream and I finallyyyyy beat him after having lost every single match I played him in since the first time I ever played him and beat him lmao...hes too freaking good ahaha.

I also went to Smash Attack and managed to get some delicious fast paced non-customs Villager game-play going on! I miss vanilla Villager! He was definitely a lot more fun to watch and use despite being significantly worse. Most fun I had in a long time with this game hahaha.

Also, I just bought myself an avermedia lgp with the money I got from winning this smash tourney at my college so I'll hopefully be uploading some in depth videos pretty darn soon!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
So I placed 3rd at Nebulous this Sunday beating some of the best players in our region such as John Numbers and MikeKirby! My wins versus John Numbers never seem to be recorded on stream sadly, but I at least was able to play Mike on stream and I finallyyyyy beat him after having lost every single match I played him in since the first time I ever played him and beat him lmao...hes too freaking good ahaha.

I also went to Smash Attack and managed to get some delicious fast paced non-customs Villager game-play going on! I miss vanilla Villager! He was definitely a lot more fun to watch and use despite being significantly worse. Most fun I had in a long time with this game hahaha.

Also, I just bought myself an avermedia lgp with the money I got from winning this smash tourney at my college so I'll hopefully be uploading some in depth videos pretty darn soon!
Gais we need to come up with sexier uses of Timber Counter .

Kohak

Smash Apprentice
Some pretty hype doubles of me and some friends practicing for an upcoming tournament. Starts at the 5:45 mark, input or criticism is greatly appreciated! Especially since our tourney is this saturday

http://www.twitch.tv/fslink/b/640386577

Last edited:

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Hey there, i recently (well, yesterday) did some matches with the great LLL | Mr-R.
So here we go ! https://youtu.be/4xExrITyOe8 (smh i under estimated Falcon's jab :c )
Also, my local smash association just recieved an Elgato HD60, so expect way more video of my villager in the future :)

MJG

Smash Hero
Hey there, i recently (well, yesterday) did some matches with the great LLL | Mr-R.
So here we go ! https://youtu.be/4xExrITyOe8 (smh i under estimated Falcon's jab :c )
Also, my local smash association just recieved an Elgato HD60, so expect way more video of my villager in the future :)
I haven't finished the set yet but I really liked your usage of the tree after taking the first stock.
EDIT: Oh and that water kill lol

Last edited:

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Thank you a lot MJG ! I LOVE playing with the tree and the axe, which is kinda under used most of the time i see a Villager playing. I really want to learn more about this tree to surprise the enemy like i did in the first match. Damn, if only the One Chop technique was a viable move..

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea

This is how you wreck Link as Villager. (Trust me, you won't regret this)

cree318

Smash Cadet
NNID
cree318
3DS FC
0301-9783-2199
VGBOOTCAMP did a batch video upload yesterday and my Villager vs Yoshi match was included in that. This was from the beginning of the month so I'd like to think that both me and Bonz have improved since then. Also, pay no mind to the "Wait, who was Villager?" confusion at the end. lol

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
VGBOOTCAMP did a batch video upload yesterday and my Villager vs Yoshi match was included in that. This was from the beginning of the month so I'd like to think that both me and Bonz have improved since then. Also, pay no mind to the "Wait, who was Villager?" confusion at the end. lol

Rare footage of Yellow bolero kicking butt
Seriously tho great showing

Last edited:
Top Bottom