• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager v1.0.7 Patch Notes

Whoops, forgot I can't make a thread redirect to a post in another thread

Anyway

Villager

Confirmed changes:
  • Can no longer Pocket Pac-Man's Trampoline
  • Can no longer Pocket Sonic's Spring Jump
  • Can no longer perform the one-chop technique
  • Villager is a bit cuter

Unconfirmed changes:

Debunked changes:
  • Grab endlag reduced
  • Ridden Lloid damage 14% > 16%

Items being examined:
--Tree HP
--Tree mechanics
--Lloid HP
--Things that OHKO Lloid
--Pocket customs
--Pocketable projectiles

Notes:
--Instant Tree through partial watering is still in
--Counter Sapling duration remains unchanged
--Extreme Balloon mechanics remain unchanged
--Slingshot percents remain unchanged
--FSmash percents remain unchanged
--Pocket is still a x1.9 multiplier
--DIRTB (Dash into Run Transition Boost) is still in

Last edited:

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Will try to keep the thread updated throughout the day. Please give all observations (and hopefully we can prove them, or put them under the placebo effect)

PROVEN CHANGES

PLACEBO EFFECT?

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Villagers end lag on STANDING grab reduced?
Villagers end lag on dash grab reduced?

Placebo effect.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Riding lloid into people now does 16% instead of 14%. KIlls earlier as well, but can't confirm exact %

@ PEPESPAIN PEPESPAIN , there was already a thread for this, though I hadn't unlocked it yet so I've merged yours into it.

Anyway @ Mtn64 Mtn64 , all grab changes are placebo effect, I've tested startup and they remain unchanged. Thinkaman tested endlag and they're the same too.

I'll do more thorough testing on tree mechanics today as well.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
@ PEPESPAIN PEPESPAIN , there was already a thread for this, though I hadn't unlocked it yet so I've merged yours into it.

Anyway @ Mtn64 Mtn64 , all grab changes are placebo effect, I've tested startup and they remain unchanged. Thinkaman tested endlag and they're the same too.

Ah makes sense.
I was excited too.

Me too. First thing I checked when I downloaded the patch was Villager's grab and it SEEMED like it was faster, but nah

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I thought riding lloyd always did 16%?
It did. For some reason I thought it was 14%. XP

Villager really seems unchanged...

Eh, better than a nerf, I suppose. Still, wish landing lag on fair and bair were lessened.

I thought riding lloyd always did 16%?
It has, hence why it's under "Debunked Changes".

Anyway changes I wish would have happened:

-Extreme Balloons go from having 1% HP to 10%
-Counter saplings can be removed with character's dtilts, maybe two hits
-You have to wait 3S after a countet sapling/tree goes away before planting another
-Counter sapling duration 15S > 12S

This would have made it so that theyre still super usable while nerfing planking. Additionally the sapling removal mechanics would actually make it more useful since you would be able to capitalise on a read dtilt. As it is now your opponent is only gonna be tripping due to their own mistakes, which isnt as eady to punish. Right now people just avoid the sapling, so it is good stage control but thats about it, you can really take advantage of the actual tripping.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667

I didn't notice sorry!!!!

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Could someone confirm for me that the tree life time is now 11-12 seconds, down from 14? I timed it in the new version, and it is around 11 seconds, but for the old version timing I was just going by Youtube videos and the wiki as a comparison.

EDIT: Deconfirmed by Thinkaman, seems there's no changes except the Pocket things.

Last edited:

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
So, on my 3DS 1.05, I was able to pocket Sonic's aerial spring. But on 1.06 for Wii U, it's not possible. Not asking for confirmation since I know it happened. I'm just wondering why this isn't chronicled after so many others have brought it up previously?

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
It's in the 1.06 patch notes on the forums, but not here, for some reason.

Did anyone try pocketing Megaman's Rush? It's a very similar item to the spring and the trampoline, and it would make sense if pocketing that was gone, too.

I havent checked the general patch thread in a while so I missed the spring update. Ill add it in later, Im at work rn

Also yeah, I wouldnt be surprised if aerial Rush was now unpocketable.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Guys i'm pretty sure the One Chop was removed. I landed the sweetspot two times and yet it didn't happen.

:(

Last edited:

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
I haven't been able to do a one chop either :/
Pre-patch, I could usually get it about 2% of the time (I know that's pretty low, but whatever XD), and after a good 200 trees these past few days, I did not one chop once.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
How about we make this thread just a continuous history of Villager's changes throughout the patches so we don't have to make new threads for every patch? And maybe include changes from previous patches as well if we recorded them somewhere.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
The thread is accurate as it is then, only got changes that are technically other character's changes. Both 1.0.4 and 1.0.6 did nothing except the trampolines pocket.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Ah alright. Indigo cleared up what I thought were changes in the social thread.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I feel that Villager is a bit cuter in this patch can anyone confirm?

Yeah, I'm just gonna retool this thread into a patch notes thread for each new version.

Concerning the one-chop, I honestly don't know... I've personally never bothered to try getting it down, so I've never pulled it off and likely wouldn't be able to do it if I tried now. Regardless, I'll add it in under "unconfirmed changes".

D

Deleted member

Villager can pocket all sorts of wild crap such as a whole OHKO tree, huge balls of energy, and what not... now he can't pocket springs.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Was Villager's tree always able produce a fruit (instead of wood) you could eat for health randomly? If so it might be something new unless Im mistaken.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Nice amiibo collection :D. It's a shame the OC is gone though. Thanks for taking the time to find that out!

InsaneSanity

Smash Rookie
NNID
InsaneSanity
3DS FC
3797-7902-2713
Yes, ever since the early demo. It just happens extremely rarely.
I feel like the rarity of the fruit dropping mechanic has been altered. I have never seen this before the patch and now I've gotten it several times. Has anyone noticed this?

If it's just my luck turning around for the better, I should pick up Game and Watch and throw 9s all day! :D

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
@ Indigo Jeans Indigo Jeans

The One Chop is gone :(
(Please excuse my awful voice and that weird stain on the carpet)
Me: I wonder if he actually counted?
Anchor Tea: *Whips out paper*
Me: Holly Schist!

I would like to say its a shame that one chop is gone...but I literally only landed it once in my entire 1200+ games as villager.

I feel like the rarity of the fruit dropping mechanic has been altered. I have never seen this before the patch and now I've gotten it several times. Has anyone noticed this?

If it's just my luck turning around for the better, I should pick up Game and Watch and throw 9s all day! :D
It's felt the same for me so far. Still super low.

Top Bottom