• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Villager Q&A, FAQ, and Directory - Please Read Before Making New Threads

Villyness

Dedicated Protector
NNID
SuckerFlash
3DS FC
2664-2676-2381
Hi, I have a few of my matches recorded on stream and I wanted to ask for some critique + matchup advice based on the video. Do I post to the video or MU thread?
Cheers in advance!

Post the videos in the video thread and get critique there, then head over the the MU thread for more detailed info on the matchups. Thank you for posting here first!

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
Thought I'd come to my fellow villagers with this. It feels almost like a match up question but at the same time it's just a little too broad.
That being said, how do you guys deal with frame 1 jabs? character's like little mac, zss, or even ike [if he kept his f1 jab from brawl, which it feels like] are able to stuff all of villagers normals once they've taken over neutral. I play against one of these characters fairly often and have found success in retreating raising nairs and shielding the jab and punishing afterwards, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble with this. How do you guys play around this? while I'm usually able to play around it I feel like the slow startup of villager's normals are a pretty significant flaw [other than the grab that shall not be named].

Last edited:

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Not sure if right thread, but does anyone know how to go up against a Sonic? the Lyoid rockets, they can just use the vertical spindash jump and jump over them, and you cant get too close to slingshot him, not to mention he can trick you if your trying to use timber(runs up and rolls back and when you least expect it, he can run up and grab you when you think he's going to trick you again). But doing shorthop to dair doesn't work most of the time and when they do, they just wait till you touch the ground so they can spindash you.

Thought I'd come to my fellow villagers with this. It feels almost like a match up question but at the same time it's just a little too broad.
That being said, how do you guys deal with frame 1 jabs? character's like little mac, zss, or even ike [if he kept his f1 jab from brawl, which it feels like] are able to stuff all of villagers normals once they've taken over neutral. I play against one of these characters fairly often and have found success in retreating raising nairs and shielding the jab and punishing afterwards, but I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble with this. How do you guys play around this? while I'm usually able to play around it I feel like the slow startup of villager's normals are a pretty significant flaw [other than the grab that shall not be named].
Villager's quickest attacks are Jab and NAir; iirc both hit on F3. However, jab 1 has very low knockback, and NAir is held back by the fact that you need to take jumpstart into account, in addition to stuff like the time it takes to drop shield. If they're going in for the jab, shielding is pretty solid against ZSS and Ike. Against Mac though, it isn't as good of an idea. To be honest, I'm not the best person to be giving advice on this. Normally, if I shield it, I find a hard time punishing. Whether they go for the rapid jab or just for jab 3, you get pushed out, but they are left with more than enough time to begin another action before you can get in and punish. If I get caught in the rapid jab I'll DI up and behind them. The rapid jab loop leaves them pretty vulnerable in this situation, so you can either DAir right away, you land behind them with a little bit of time to weigh the best course of action.

Not sure if right thread, but does anyone know how to go up against a Sonic? the Lyoid rockets, they can just use the vertical spindash jump and jump over them, and you cant get too close to slingshot him, not to mention he can trick you if your trying to use timber(runs up and rolls back and when you least expect it, he can run up and grab you when you think he's going to trick you again). But doing shorthop to dair doesn't work most of the time and when they do, they just wait till you touch the ground so they can spindash you.
Matchup Discussion
"Help! I'm having trouble against this character!" If you ever find yourself thinking that, then head on over here! You can discuss how well Villager does against the cast, and find recommended ways to play against each fighter.​

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
Villager's quickest attacks are Jab and NAir; iirc both hit on F3. However, jab 1 has very low knockback, and NAir is held back by the fact that you need to take jumpstart into account, in addition to stuff like the time it takes to drop shield. If they're going in for the jab, shielding is pretty solid against ZSS and Ike. Against Mac though, it isn't as good of an idea. To be honest, I'm not the best person to be giving advice on this. Normally, if I shield it, I find a hard time punishing. Whether they go for the rapid jab or just for jab 3, you get pushed out, but they are left with more than enough time to begin another action before you can get in and punish. If I get caught in the rapid jab I'll DI up and behind them. The rapid jab loop leaves them pretty vulnerable in this situation, so you can either DAir right away, you land behind them with a little bit of time to weigh the best course of action.

lmao I didn't see that, anyways, thanks for telling me!

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719

The low kb on the jab is pretty all right imo, at low to high-medium percents I can usually link 3-4 jabs followed by an ftilt or dtilt depending on how close they were from the initial jab. I mean I land this like 99% of the time, and if I don't it's because I zoned out and just didn't do it. Not sure if it's a thing though so let's keep this Q&A going for the sake of exploration, anyone know if there's a legit way out of or to avoid killager's dtilt or ftilt out of multijab? Like I said I land this all the time, but if that's just me taking advantage of other player's lack of knowledge then I'd like to avoid using this and getting punished against those that do.
if this has already been discussed somewhere in the villager board I apologize in advance.

CodyOdyO

Smash Cadet
The low kb on the jab is pretty all right imo, at low to high-medium percents I can usually link 3-4 jabs followed by an ftilt or dtilt depending on how close they were from the initial jab. I mean I land this like 99% of the time, and if I don't it's because I zoned out and just didn't do it. Not sure if it's a thing though so let's keep this Q&A going for the sake of exploration, anyone know if there's a legit way out of or to avoid killager's dtilt or ftilt out of multijab? Like I said I land this all the time, but if that's just me taking advantage of other player's lack of knowledge then I'd like to avoid using this and getting punished against those that do.
if this has already been discussed somewhere in the villager board I apologize in advance.
There's enough time during the starup of tilts to where it can be shielded, but I just think it's the unpredictability factor of the tilts that makes it combo easier. I also do jabs to ftilt frequently.

TR33

Smash Cadet
NNID
Pandaguy719
There's enough time during the starup of tilts to where it can be shielded, but I just think it's the unpredictability factor of the tilts that makes it combo easier. I also do jabs to ftilt frequently.
Ah well, thought so but had to make sure. Ty

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Might be a question of it's own thread, but my cousin's a Villager main and learning the game. She likes playing :rosalina: a bit, so I'd thought I'd ask if you guys think she would be a good 2ndary. Do you? I wouldn't really expect anyone here to play/have played Rosalina, but for those who have decent matchup experience against her might have at least somewhat of a good idea how she plays?

Might be a question of it's own thread, but my cousin's a Villager main and learning the game. She likes playing :rosalina: a bit, so I'd thought I'd ask if you guys think she would be a good 2ndary. Do you? I wouldn't really expect anyone here to play/have played Rosalina, but for those who have decent matchup experience against her might have at least somewhat of a good idea how she plays?
Rosalina is my secondary, though I didn't pick her to cover Villager's weaknesses, ha ha. It was just favourite character status. Anyway I feel she doesn't do too well against problematic characters for Villager like Sonic and Captain Falcon either because of how floaty she is. I'm probably not the best person to be giving advice on the subject though.

I somehow Pocketed an explosive crate from far away. https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHic0MCgBw

I've no idea how I did this. Does anyone know? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SIuDVTY5yWI Skip to 2:19
Were you playing with customs on? That does seem weird.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Thinking of getting to know how to use villager. Whats the best guide for me to follow?

Mrawesome48

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrawesome48
So im having some difficulty playing against the villager. Everyone seems to have picked up the "keep jumping on and off the ledge firing the slingshot and how many lloids can i throw before opponent forgets to shield. The biggest problem im having is trying to kill the villager. Racking up damage is hard to do but killing him is a big challenge. I usually use up smashes. But it seems turnips have more priority over most U smashes

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Guys I have a question for villagers mains. Did you notice that sometimes d-tilt seems to hit further? Maybe something to be with the leaf direction... Any ideas?

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Guys I have a question for villagers mains. Did you notice that sometimes d-tilt seems to hit further? Maybe something to be with the leaf direction... Any ideas?
There's an invisible hit box that extends way past the animation

wow THANKS SMASHBOARDS for not alerting me to stuff in my board though its also on me

Well, I was, but he was using the Standard Pocket.
Really odd then... I honestly have no clue what could have happened. Maybe something with another article in the way that SHOULD have been pocketable but wasn't at the moment, so Pocket just snatched up the next available thing? It's a stretch though, even I don't think that's very likely.

Thinking of getting to know how to use villager. Whats the best guide for me to follow?
Right now the best general guide is http://smashboards.com/guides/villager-overview-moves-percentages-setups-usage.13/ imo. But also look up players on Youtube! And check out our video thread in the stickies!

So im having some difficulty playing against the villager. Everyone seems to have picked up the "keep jumping on and off the ledge firing the slingshot and how many lloids can i throw before opponent forgets to shield. The biggest problem im having is trying to kill the villager. Racking up damage is hard to do but killing him is a big challenge. I usually use up smashes. But it seems turnips have more priority over most U smashes
KO'ing Villager usually involves doing so off of the upper blastline due to how great our recovery is. Ledge camping isn't as strong as you make it out to be without customs. Keep in mind that in this game you lose your ledge invincibility after the first grab and don't get it back until you make it back onstage or are hit. Ledge slingshots do get really predictable after a while, so you can easily punish. With Peach, this would involve reading the slingshot and throwing out a turnip before it comes out. You can even hover above them and z-drop the turnip, though you should watch out for UAir. I'd recommend hitting your character's MU thread though.

DTilt has a large disjointed hitbox. The one on the outside is a weak hit that deals 8%, while the one right on the weed is the 13% sweetspot.

Mrawesome48

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrawesome48
KO'ing Villager usually involves doing so off of the upper blastline due to how great our recovery is. Ledge camping isn't as strong as you make it out to be without customs. Keep in mind that in this game you lose your ledge invincibility after the first grab and don't get it back until you make it back onstage or are hit. Ledge slingshots do get really predictable after a while, so you can easily punish. With Peach, this would involve reading the slingshot and throwing out a turnip before it comes out. You can even hover above them and z-drop the turnip, though you should watch out for UAir. I'd recommend hitting your character's MU thread though.
It's not with Peach it's with every charcter im having difficulty with. The only person i have a little easier time with is zelda and that's because i can reflect the rocket. For some reason i cannot see the slingshot on my 50 inch TV i have the same issue with Greninja's shadow on shadow sneak and it doesn't help that the slingshot goes across half the stage. Even if Ledge slings get predictable i cant punish them and just get hit every-time i try. I cant kill Vilager because if i up-smash or u air i get hit by down turnips and if i down air i get hit by up turnips. I tried numerous times to hit but i cant because the turnips have god
priority and is impossible to hit. I have never been able to land a hit as long as turnips have been out. Im just sick and fkin tired of losing because i cant counter turnips and ledge slingshots

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Q. Are Fair chains hard to do? His aerials all seem pretty useful. Picking up Villager & I'm wondering how hard it is to get the hang of sniping people out with Fair/Bair.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Once you get the hang of when F-air/B-air AC it's super easy (hyperbole) to Slingshot chain them into nonexistence

It's not with Peach it's with every charcter im having difficulty with. The only person i have a little easier time with is zelda and that's because i can reflect the rocket. For some reason i cannot see the slingshot on my 50 inch TV i have the same issue with Greninja's shadow on shadow sneak and it doesn't help that the slingshot goes across half the stage. Even if Ledge slings get predictable i cant punish them and just get hit every-time i try. I cant kill Vilager because if i up-smash or u air i get hit by down turnips and if i down air i get hit by up turnips. I tried numerous times to hit but i cant because the turnips have god
priority and is impossible to hit. I have never been able to land a hit as long as turnips have been out. Im just sick and fkin tired of losing because i cant counter turnips and ledge slingshots
I dunno what to tell you then. When I play against Villager I don't have that much trouble dealing with ledge slingshots. Turnips have good priority because they are disjointed, so bear that in mind. I think Peach's UAir is disjointed, Zelda's UAir is too, Peach's FAir might be disjointed? Try not attacking Villager if turnips would mess you up, as strange as that might sound. DAir doesn't come out till F8 so just be patient when Villager is trying to get back onstage, though NAir hits on F3. Just put them in situations where they're so close to the ground none of their options are safe, which isn't very hard to do against Villager.

Q. Are Fair chains hard to do? His aerials all seem pretty useful. Picking up Villager & I'm wondering how hard it is to get the hang of sniping people out with Fair/Bair.
Chaining slingshots really relies on reads more than anything. Wait out airdodges because that's all that can really be done against slingshots. Also definitely get a feel for the bullet's range and arc along with startup so you can get them out at the proper level. Don't be afraid to use your second jump to make minute but necessary adjustments to your height in order to follow up with more slingshots.

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Villager's main weakness is getting rushed down by faster characters. Anyone who can deal with this is a good pick. I feel like Rosalina is, because she is amazing when it comes so handling pressure at close/mid range, and she is harder to grab/hit due to Luma. She's also a really good character in general, so yeah, it's a solid choice.

It's about the easiest thing to do with Villager. Just get used to the space it covers, the speed at which it comes out, and the knockback it does at different percents. You should also learn how to combo it/force opponents to jump then punish with slingshot by using Lloids.

Sonic is one of, if not the worst Villager MU because of how fast and always in your face he is.

Counterpicking is always an option because Sonic is so hard to deal with, but If you really want to beat him with Villager, shielding is the primary thing you want to do.

- Lots and Lots of shields. Try to read his approaches, shield, then punish.
- If he retreats don't go after him, wait until he comes back.
- Lloids and slingshots are great options to keep him from approaching, but be careful not to do them when he's too close, because he'll just get passed them and hit you.
- Offstage is not ideal, because Sonic has a great recovery and can spike (since Sonic might die doing it, the average player might not attempt it, but a good Sonic knows how to), so you don't want to spend too much time there. If you feel like you're under too much pressure, jumping and sniping from there is an option. It's risky though; try not to do it too much, but it can be useful.
- Also, try to plant trees if you have free time. Cutting them isn't that effective since he can skip them or go under them before they fall; try hitting him with the growing hitbox instead.

I hope this helps. Sonic is a hard MU for everyone, but especially for Villager. Just keep practicing, and play safer than usual.

Last edited:

Zensay

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zensay
Don't worry. It's okay. It's quite minor, It simply makes it hurt to tap a lot or too hard. Unfortunately this means ZSS is gonna screw me over whenever i fight her.
Hey I know this is an older post but I found something that would help you out a lot if you don't already know. It's not Villager specific but it might be a tad more important for us to know than other mains.

When your buried, you don't have to use an attack button or anything like that to break free. Just twirl your thumbstick in a 360 fashion as fast as can / are comfortable doing.

When buried it doesn't matter what input it is you use to try and break out, they all count as the same. The game registers all inputs digitally, including those from the Gamecube controllers due to the adapter. So depending on your thumb speed, you might be registering 2-4 more inputs in the time it took you to press a button twice.

This should change your view on how much time you have after doing a down smash. Even at 120% I can escape in something close to a second. You may think twice before charging that up smash.

Pagan

Smash Rookie
NNID
timetrapped
3DS FC
4914-5720-7420
  • *Question about grab*
    • YES VILLAGER'S GRAB IS PRETTY BAD OK ;_; but I don't think we need a thread bemoaning its range or lag or whatever every month and a half
It's range isn't terrible and might have lag but Villager's back throw kills at a decent percent. It's actually one of the better back throws in the game and I definitely wouldn't consider it bad. It might be slow but since it's throwback is so powerful it's still worth using. It's just something you have to think thoroughly about towards when and where to position the grab. Not something you blindly spam and it isn't used like many typical grabs in the game for a combo starter.

Sonic is one of, if not the worst Villager MU because of how fast and always in your face he is.

Counterpicking is always an option because Sonic is so hard to deal with, but If you really want to beat him with Villager, shielding is the primary thing you want to do.

- Lots and Lots of shields. Try to read his approaches, shield, then punish.
- If he retreats don't go after him, wait until he comes back.
- Lloids and slingshots are great options to keep him from approaching, but be careful not to do them when he's too close, because he'll just get passed them and hit you.
- Offstage is not ideal, because Sonic has a great recovery and can spike (since Sonic might die doing it, the average player might not attempt it, but a good Sonic knows how to), so you don't want to spend too much time there. If you feel like you're under too much pressure, jumping and sniping from there is an option. It's risky though; try not to do it too much, but it can be useful.
- Also, try to plant trees if you have free time. Cutting them isn't that effective since he can skip them or go under them before they fall; try hitting him with the growing hitbox instead.

I hope this helps. Sonic is a hard MU for everyone, but especially for Villager. Just keep practicing, and play safer than usual.
I agree that a good Sonic is always a tough match-up, but it really depends on what type of Sonic player you play. Do you really think that spamming your shield is going to work? From my experience this is one of the absolute worst possible things to do when you're playing against someone who knows what their doing. Sonic is so fast he can simply rush you and grab you into combos all match long if you're constantly shielding. It's happened to me on multiple occasions playing a skilled Sonic. If you even think about playing the ground game at all you mine as well spam trees as fast as possible because you know Sonic is going to rush you eventually. If you're good at timing and are aware enough you would be surprised how much damage spawning trees can do to an offensive Sonic. Spam rockets and trees, but make sure you do it at the right time and try to use aerials. A Sonic in the air is a lot safer than on the ground due to his speed. Know your opponent, observe his patterns and adapt. That's all you really can do besides knowing the ins and outs of Villager because you'll definitely need to know them to beat a truly skilled Sonic.

Last edited:
Well yeah, Villager's BThrow is indeed amazing, but aside from that none of her other throws are really any good. Coupled by the fact that its range is honestly a bad compromise between a standard and a tether, with the lag of the latter, means that overall the GRAB isnt your best option in my opinion.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
all the nice things about the grab are negated by those frame 16 startup

Pagan

Smash Rookie
NNID
timetrapped
3DS FC
4914-5720-7420
True, Villager's grabs overall are typically a bad approach. I just think a grab/Bthrow is still worth the gamble if they are in kill percent and you're positioned correctly.

Mrawesome48

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrawesome48
Is there a single person who wouldn't mind practicing me. I've been trying to get help now for almost 2 months dealing with the exact same problems. Every time i post for advice(via pm and post) only thing im getting is 1.He's not that hard to kill, 2. he sucks against fast chars, and 3 the ledge slingshot spam is super easy to counter. None of these answers solve any of the problems ive been having. And this isn't charcter specific I'm trying to be able to play against him with any char
1.First off im having trouble dealing with the rockets. Cant approach because the constant rockets. If i shield i get grabbed. If i dont shield i get blaster by the rocket
2.I cant edge guard. Minute villager leaves the stage. Rocket-grab ledge- let go of ledge- rocket- slingshot. rinse wash repeat till he's back on stage. I cant even come near the ledge cause im being pelted with projectiles.
3. Cant hit him in the air. If i try to up air he just sends out down turnips if i down air he just up turnips. and if i forward air i just get blasted by you guessed it more slingshots.

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Do you guys know what it takes to pop one of villager's balloons? I couldn't find this information in any of the threads. From my testing, I can't lock down whether the balloons have a set number of health like trees or hydrants do, or if it takes a set amount of knockback to pop one (which thanks to Smash 4's knockback mechanics, relates directly with damage dealt).

I've used Palutena's Heavenly light, a move that produces no knockback, just damaging windboxes, to pop the balloons. By my count, it takes 2% (two ticks of damage) before one balloon popped, and the other took 4% to pop after that. Further testing revealed that there seems to be a short period after the first pops where the second cannot be damaged, so the second balloon should also have 2% health as well. Can anybody confirm my results from previous tests or experiences with the move? I want to make sure I'm not completely off-base here.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Is there a single person who wouldn't mind practicing me. I've been trying to get help now for almost 2 months dealing with the exact same problems. Every time i post for advice(via pm and post) only thing im getting is 1.He's not that hard to kill, 2. he sucks against fast chars, and 3 the ledge slingshot spam is super easy to counter. None of these answers solve any of the problems ive been having. And this isn't charcter specific I'm trying to be able to play against him with any char
1.First off im having trouble dealing with the rockets. Cant approach because the constant rockets. If i shield i get grabbed. If i dont shield i get blaster by the rocket
2.I cant edge guard. Minute villager leaves the stage. Rocket-grab ledge- let go of ledge- rocket- slingshot. rinse wash repeat till he's back on stage. I cant even come near the ledge cause im being pelted with projectiles.
3. Cant hit him in the air. If i try to up air he just sends out down turnips if i down air he just up turnips. and if i forward air i just get blasted by you guessed it more slingshots.
hmm ok maybe i can help
I'm going to assume you're Peach for this

1.Lloyds lose to shield but shield loses grab yes? if you see that Villager wants to Lloyd into grab you can roll towards them and get a free punish assuming He grabs of course. Also you can jump and float while it does lose to slingshot it's only 5% or less and Villager can't slingshot and grab at the same time.

2. Hmmm have you tried going under the Lloyd rocket? like you can try floating under the stage and u-air as he's coming down. If he's trying to harrass with slingshots hold a shield and then let go after you don't need it. Don't forget about that ledge vulnerability.

3.If he's in the air dash shield as Villager's aerials all lose to the shield. You'll have to make the read on where he's going to but its way better than losing to 3 turnip down air

You might get some mileage out of watching some peach vs Villager video's if they exist
I hope this helps and I apologize for all of us for not helping earlier

Do you guys know what it takes to pop one of villager's balloons? I couldn't find this information in any of the threads. From my testing, I can't lock down whether the balloons have a set number of health like trees or hydrants do, or if it takes a set amount of knockback to pop one (which thanks to Smash 4's knockback mechanics, relates directly with damage dealt).

I've used Palutena's Heavenly light, a move that produces no knockback, just damaging windboxes, to pop the balloons. By my count, it takes 2% (two ticks of damage) before one balloon popped, and the other took 4% to pop after that. Further testing revealed that there seems to be a short period after the first pops where the second cannot be damaged, so the second balloon should also have 2% health as well. Can anybody confirm my results from previous tests or experiences with the move? I want to make sure I'm not completely off-base here.
Forgot to say I was gonna test this once the patch dropped. Anyway my own testing just shows balloons are weird... the first balloon does indeed "take 2% damage" to pop, but when it comes to Heavenly Light, it seems knockback plays into this. If the balloons take the the strong aerial hits of Heavenly Light, then they take the 2%. If they take the weak aerial hits, then even the first balloon takes 4% to pop.

However, when testing with Fox's Blaster, the first balloon takes two hits to pop, whether I hit it with the 1.4% hit of the laser or the 3% hit. Fox's lasers have absolutely no knockback whatsoever; no BKB, no KBG, no WKB.

So yeah, this seems to be a similar deal as Lloid, which is OHKOd in its active state by watering can (0% + KB), but not Star Bits (8% + KB) or Fox's Blaster (3% + no KB).

As a side note Extreme Balloons seem to consistently have at least 1% HP as of v1.0.6. They are instantly popped by both HL and lasers.

I'll play around with it some more.

Edit: Only one balloon will pop after all six hits of Burst Grenade's windbox, with each hit dealing approximately 0.2%, even though both balloons were hit (in fact, the balloon farthest from the epicenter of the vortex popped first). This suggests balloons actually act a single unit when it comes to popping and thus share the same "HP" system.

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
Is EBT linked to some challenge or is it unlocked randomly like most custom moves?

Mrawesome48

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrawesome48
hmm ok maybe i can help
I'm going to assume you're Peach for this

1.Lloyds lose to shield but shield loses grab yes? if you see that Villager wants to Lloyd into grab you can roll towards them and get a free punish assuming He grabs of course. Also you can jump and float while it does lose to slingshot it's only 5% or less and Villager can't slingshot and grab at the same time.

2. Hmmm have you tried going under the Lloyd rocket? like you can try floating under the stage and u-air as he's coming down. If he's trying to harrass with slingshots hold a shield and then let go after you don't need it. Don't forget about that ledge vulnerability.

3.If he's in the air dash shield as Villager's aerials all lose to the shield. You'll have to make the read on where he's going to but its way better than losing to 3 turnip down air

You might get some mileage out of watching some peach vs Villager video's if they exist
I hope this helps and I apologize for all of us for not helping earlier
There is no fkin way to counter this ledge sling bull**** that every villager player has picked up on. All the problems i have now are irrelevant because its just rocket sling shot- balloon back to the edge. Rinse wash repeat. And for those who dont know what im talking about. Heres a video showcasing what im talking about. It's there in the first minute or so,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUhEO52xfbA

Last edited:

Mechasm

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4527-9864-9685
There is no fkin way to counter this ledge sling bull**** that every villager player has picked up on. All the problems i have now are irrelevant because its just rocket sling shot- balloon back to the edge. Rinse wash repeat. And for those who dont know what im talking about. Heres a video showcasing what im talking about. It's there in the first minute or so,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUhEO52xfbA
I believe this is your answer. Just shield the projectiles and punish accordingly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vVug_cxA6A

Mrawesome48

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mrawesome48
Top Bottom