• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager MU Help

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
I seem to have a lot of trouble fighting Villagers. They can pocket the bananas and it makes me feel so uncomfortable. They also can gimp us really easily. How do I deal with them?

D

Deleted member

Play aggro against Villagers, it's their weakness. I play both of them and it's the struggle I have against Diddy's; Playing aggresive shuts down Villager, and makes him play an aggresively, Villager's not-so strongest suit.

Good luck!:drflip::drflip:

Last edited by a moderator:

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Thanks, @OfficialThatGuy. That is really good to know. Because what happens to me, is that they will throw me off-stage, and then, as I try to rocket up, one dair, boom. Bye bye rockets. I guess I just have to make sure to stay on the stage as much as possible. So I will try to play really aggressive towards them and see how I do. Thanks again. :)

D

Deleted member

Thanks, @OfficialThatGuy. That is really good to know. Because what happens to me, is that they will throw me off-stage, and then, as I try to rocket up, one dair, boom. Bye bye rockets. I guess I just have to make sure to stay on the stage as much as possible. So I will try to play really aggressive towards them and see how I do. Thanks again. :)
No prob! Just try to control all you can onstage, so Villy can't gimp you.:088:

HammyHowell

Smash Rookie
*responds a month later* rule 1. Do not follow village off stage. rule 2. do not follow villager off stage(x2). rule 3. dont chase them off stage.(x3) Ok so, this is a tough matchup. Definitely in villagers favor. Here is a couple pointers from a the diddy in chicago-

"Holding banana gives you a huge advantage so don't throw it away unless is a guaranteed punish, you can't really use it to control the stage"
"When he's on the ledge you don't have to go to him just let him shoot his stuff and stay a village fair range away and you're 100% safe"
"Offstage just don't get nair'd"

Villager has great projectiles, traps, and gimps. you gotta wait for your guaranteed banana punish if you have your banana out or its pocketed
You gotta stay out side his range, and quickly get a punish when they mess up. perfect shielding is great. villager is slow on ground, but has great tilts, watch out for those. villager has a terrible grab, but if you do something unsafe at high percent, then say goodbye because villager has the 3rd strongest back throw. Villager has a frame 3 nair- combo breaker, and also a good approach tool for them, watch out. Be careful chasing villager in the air because of turnips.

That being said, whiffed fairs punish with uair or fair, lay down the pressure, catch landings.
stage spike un safe linear recoveries.

draw your own conclusions though lol.

BAN- LYLAT, then battlefield/dreamland.

Here is JJ vs MJG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcP9RxSnnVg

Top Bottom