• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Lloid Trump

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
So I was fooling around with ledge trumping, and I found something interesting...

If someone is recovering horizontally, (like falco or fox side-b) or is ledge camping while you are on the stage, you can run off the edge and throw out a lloid immediately off the edge, which makes villager fall and grab the ledge once the lloid is out. If you time it right, someone on the ledge will get ledge trumped and immediately hit the lloid, which can set up for a b-air kill, gimp, or bowling ball if they recover low next time to avoid it.

I don't have any videos right now, but it's pretty simple. I'm not sure if it has any useful competitive applications, but it definitely looks cool. What do you think? Lemme know if anyone has found this before.

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Vid or it didn't happen. Even if it's super simple.

(Plz be real)

Last edited:

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Vid or it didn't happen. Even if it's super simple.

(Plz be real)
I don't have the ability to record it, but it isn't too hard to perform. Just run off the edge and immediately input a lloid (opposite direction is easier for me).
This'll be a helpful little tool. I'll have to try implementing it in real battles.

Also, if a Lloid is already out you fall directly down right away. The inputting of the side b seems to mostly stop your horizontal momentum, but since you can't spawn a Lloid you don't freeze in midair. It trumps a lot faster, but doesn't seem to grab the ledge very reliably..

Last edited:

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
I don't have the ability to record it, but it isn't too hard to perform. Just run off the edge and immediately input a lloid (opposite direction is easier for me).
This'll be a helpful little tool. I'll have to try implementing it in real battles.

Also, if a Lloid is already out you fall directly down right away. The inputting of the side b seems to mostly stop your horizontal momentum, but since you can't spawn a Lloid you don't freeze in midair. It trumps a lot faster, but doesn't seem to grab the ledge very reliably..
I guess it would work to Lloid on stage and perform a regular ledge trump, but that would be harder to time correctly.

Also, on certain stages (easiest on Duck Hunt or omega Onett because of flat sides) after the Lloid trump, you can drop and immediately wall jump to back air. This way, you keep your jump and can follow up again. It's kinda hard but it works.

A good set up for this AT would be when you are expecting someone to ledge trump you, place a Lloid facing away from the stage right before you grab the ledge. They would expect you to snap on right away, but the Lloid would delay your ledge grab and then you would trump them instead, and they would get sent into your Lloid. It works like a trump-counter with free damage and a bowling ball/gimp setup... I think it'll be useful, but very situational.

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
A good set up for this AT would be when you are expecting someone to ledge trump you, place a Lloid facing away from the stage right before you grab the ledge. They would expect you to snap on right away, but the Lloid would delay your ledge grab and then you would trump them instead, and they would get sent into your Lloid. It works like a trump-counter with free damage and a bowling ball/gimp setup... I think it'll be useful, but very situational.
Ooohhh.... This is good.
This is real good.

Thanks for posting this.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Welp time to mess around with this for a few hours and plop it into my list of tech.
Can't believe I haven't thought of this.
Great post!

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Oh heh never thought of that, i'll try to do some ledgetrumping stuff today to see if we can perform cool things

arncakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
arncakes
I don't think it works with pushy lloid :/ anyone tried liftoff lloid?

Top Bottom