• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager Lag-cancel with Log

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
If you plant the tree and chop it down, a piece of wood will fall sometimes. You can grab that, and right before you land, if you throw it, it will cancel your landing lag. This can be used to combo log into f-tilt, or log into axe attack, etc, and overall I found it rather useful for quick combos.

This is, of course, based on the oldish post that revealed Link, Toon Link, and Peach can cancel their landing lag with their bombs/turnips respectively.

What do yall think?

Sadly this isn't the same thing, because the OP from the thread you're thinking of didn't specify what sort of landing lag it cancels. They can cancel their aerial's landing lag and airdodge landing lag, which can vary from 10F-40F, by pressing down+B to throw the item during the lag. Villager can't do this though, cause down+B is just Timber, and pressing A during lag won't do anything either. Regular landing lag from just a short hop or full hop is only about 2F anyway so it's negligible

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well its pretty much the same, as soon as you land, you can throw a Pikmin to cancel the lag and attack right afterwards.

Land from what? During an airdodge? An aerial outside of its autocancel window but before it ends? Or just a normal jump where you didn't do anything?

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Normal jump, thus why I asked if it's the same. However, you CAN cancel landing lag from aerials with him by pressing down shortly, right after landing. (and anyone else for that matter)

Last edited:
It's the same because Olimar likely has less than 4F of normal landing lag. Meaning there isn't much to cancel. You don't have to throw a Pikmin. Try what I told you in your other thread, either the shield thing or timing a jab right when you land.

And no, you can't cancel landing lag from aerials by pressing down right after landing. I just tried it with Olimar, with his Nair and Uair's non-autocancelled landing lag. Like I said in the other thread, you get the illusion of cancelling lag by interrupting one purposefully interruptable animation with another shorter animation, even though you could interrupt the first animation (the landing one) with an attack without having to press down.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Yeah, I was just mentioned to Olimar thing to confirm it was the same thing.

See, not until now did I realize what different landing lags were, as I'd never experimented with that before XD

And yeah, I tried it before I went to work, and what I thought was lag cancel after aerial was actually me using the aerial early enough that I was in just normal jump animation. Sorry bout that XP

Top Bottom