• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager good secondary for Rosa?

Villager as a secondary to Rosa?

• Total voters

DatChrizma

Smash Rookie
I've been playing Rosa since the game was released as I love her character and playstyle, but I was wondering what this thread thought about Villager as my secondary. Does he deal with rushdown well? How does he do with characters like Shulk and Pikachu? I've liked playing as villager for a while and he's pretty fun to me.

Volya

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheVolya
Nah, Villager isn't good against fast char. I don't even think he have the MU against Shulk (i played against the best french shulk recently, i'm uploading our set right now on youtube) because his sword can break a lot of stuff like villager's bside or fair. Both Rosalina and Villager are deffensive char. If you need an offensive char that is good against rushdown char, take something like huh Ness or Sonic idk

Last edited:

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
The only reason we have an advantage if any on Shulk is because we can gimp easy;
We have all of our gimp options and also he's the easiest to kill with watering can.
You might be able to get away with beating falcon as well, however if you need help with offensive rushdowns such as Pika, Sonic, or maybe even Yoshi Villager isnt your guy.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
As a Villager main and a Rosa secondary,

NO. Nononon

You'll be better off maining a rushdown or someone else. Villager only complements Rosa in a few matchups but not worth taking the time to main him. ZSS is a good Rosa secondary IMO.

Top Bottom