• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Villager being a silent character?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
:) For what it's worth, I think the japanese Villager shares her voice with the same one from the Animal Crossing movie.
That's actually really cool. (I thought the movie was super cute.) Does the male share the voice with the guy in the movie as well or no?

Hong

The Strongest
That's actually really cool. (I thought the movie was super cute.) Does the male share the voice with the guy in the movie as well or no?
Oh gosh. Good question. I forgot that there was.

In any event, haven't got to hear clear samples of the Japanese Villager enough to know.

Hong

The Strongest
So do you think Villager will retain the Japanese voice, be silent, or have an American VA??
Well, the Villager is already confirmed to have full English voicing. Sounds like a grown woman. You can hear her here.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Well, the Villager is already confirmed to have full English voicing. Sounds like a grown woman. You can hear her here.
Welp, egg on my face here then haha.

I never saw the Animal Crossing movie. Not to get off-topic, but what was it about? Was it any good?

Hong

The Strongest
Welp, egg on my face here then haha.

I never saw the Animal Crossing movie. Not to get off-topic, but what was it about? Was it any good?
I forgot the proper term for the sub-genre since I'm not a huge anime fan, but it's basically a "life" movie. Basically the Villager moves in, meets everyone, a number of small non-world-threatening problems are solved, and then it's a wrap. It was cute and simple fun. I'd recommend it for fans of the series, at least for the novelty factor.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Well cool! Maybe the remaing 2 color swaps are gonna be Ai and Yu! :3
I always loved Ai's hairstyle out of the girls hair styles. My favorite male hairstyle is

But I would also love the original viking/princess hats.

D

Deleted member

I assume silent, but I'd be pretty disappointed if the emotions/sound effects weren't included. There are so many that would correspond nicely to winning/losing/taunts/etc.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I assume silent, but I'd be pretty disappointed if the emotions/sound effects weren't included. There are so many that would correspond nicely to winning/losing/taunts/etc.
It seemed like they are including some of the iconic sounds like when he takes out the gyroid, etc.

D

Deleted member

It seemed like they are including some of the iconic sounds like when he takes out the gyroid, etc.
Oh, nice! When I played the demo the place was so loud I couldn't hear most of the music/sound effects. That's such good news.

I can't hear the voice you guys are hearing, so I just went to my 3DS to play Villager's sound effeects...and he's not there....

I've checked three or four times now...and everyone else is there...but not Villager

Hong

The Strongest
Closing this thread. Trying not to bleed over pre-release discussions since the final product not only answered a lot of our questions, but changed a number of things as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom