• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Views on weapons

NewFoundGoonie

Smash Cadet
I used to hate the fan. Now i think its great. Next to the blaster, it has to be the best weapon to annoy people with. The star rod is also great. I also used to hate it, but now i always use it. When u smash it, that star it shoots becomes very powerful. But out of all the weapons, the Homerun Bat is my fave, considering the fact i am a HUGE Earthbound fan. Post your fave weapon or anything else you would like to say about them.

mada234

Smash Ace
my first ever post in this forum page!!!
let's see... i like the homerun bat and the beam sword. The beam sword because of it's long range and good knocking power when thrown. The homerun bat because i trick out the comps with these all the time!!!!!

Shy Guy

BRoomer
BRoomer
I usually just throw items but I'll rate them all...

Ray Gun-Plain annoying,I just throw it,yes,I am stupid

Beam Sword-Great item,great for killing opponents,one of the best throwing items

Hammer-Very annoying and hard to get away from,yet if it is in my hands,watch out

Fan-Not too great,good on Jiggly,though

Homerun Bat-Smash your friends and enemies around with one of my fav. items

Heart-One of my favorite items,but I'm usually pushed away from it,oh well

Max. Tomato-Great healing item,'nuff said

Bumper-Almost totally useless,only good for ledge guarding

Proxy. Mine-My favorite item by far,yes,I am a trickster iwth this beloved item

Bob-Omb-Very hard to handle,yet packs quite a punch

Poke Ball-If Beedrill pops up,an automatic stock loss on a high percentage,good old fashioned,lame,cheap,but cool item

Star Rod-Nothin' special,just a long range projectile strike

Fire Flower,most annoying,lamest item out there,always take it off

Top 3:
Proximinity Mine
Heart Container
Poke Ball

FERNO

Smash Apprentice
Actually the Star Rod is specail when u throw it, it makes the recepiant of the attack fall harder and faster, its true look ayt the differnce when u throw it up at someone compared to another weapon.

Im Slipknotic
:eek:

Taramoor

Smash Cadet
As I'm a Link fan, I like the Homerun Bat the most. Someone rushing you, just boomerang and then bat-smash em. Instant death (except for Peach's Castle and some areas of Hyrule Castle) and very nasty.

When I'm playing DK I like to get ahold of pokeball, drop it, and carry someone into it; if Meowth, Coffing, or Charizard pops up the damage is just disgusting.

Fire Flower must be the cheapest thing out there, just pin them next to a wall and let loose. About 130% comes from a full fire flower, just plain eeevil.

Fan is great for just playing with people. If they don't block they'll get juggled and if they do they get broken. Another evil weapon.

Matt

Banned via Administration
As I've said before, it takes skill to use items but it takes even more not to use them. Sure, people tend to use them in the 'cheapest' way possible, but how else are they to be used? (in other words, I'm sick of people I play with complaining about every little thing being cheap when it comes to item usage ...)

I don't use items because it tends to make everyone really angry unless they want to have fun ... which doesn't make much sense ... it just depends on what mood people are in, I guess.

Anyway ... PokeBalls, Shells, and Bombs ... 'isall good.

Jonathan

Smash Rookie
the best weapon in the game is the beam sword, also know as a spank stick in my playing circle. There is no better way in the game to send someone flying off the edge of a stage and then keep them off. The spank stick is the best weapon for overall range, as well as damage.

The Great Mario Master...Jonathan

comp_lover

Smash Rookie
the beam sword and home run bat are the best bashing weapons, the proxy is the best bomb/planting weapon, and the star rod is the best projectile, as it can also be used as a basher.

i like using the proxy mine the most. i take sick enjoyment of people walking unsuspecting over the mine, and them getting blown off the stage.

Link#1

Smash Apprentice
I like all of the weapons in the game, but my favorite is the bomb-omb because it puts on a lot of damage, sends the opponent flying, and it is the weapon that usually helps me the most in a fight against a human player. My #2 item would probably be the beam sword as I am a fan of swords. My #3 weapon would be the green turtle shell. All the weapons after these 3 are still really good but these 3 are the most useful in my eyes.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: 15Link ]</p>

MATTS!

Smash Ace
Dude the best weapon is the FAN. No doubt, you can PwN with the fan. Use it to do little hits and combo together to rack up tons of damage. Fan + Kirby = rediculous amount of damage.

MATTS!

NixxxoN

Smash Master
LOL

Year 2001

I wonder If NewFoundGoonie will remember to thank MATTS! for the reply

Evident

Smash Rookie
Haha these were all usernames I had never heard before so I assumed the brawl buddies had strolled in here and acted like noobs. "THE BEEEMSORD OWNSSSSSSS!"

P D

Smash Ace
all the people that posted up there are frikkkkn pros look how long theyve been on smash boards

Top Bottom