• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vids of my Ike! *NEW*

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
So. . . .I was at a Brawl tournament today, and we recorded almost all of my Ike fights. I won the tournament with Ike. My friend said that Ike was a broken character, and he didn't want to play as Marth to beat me. He said he won't put up the videos cuz Ike's broken. He then said that he would only put up the one video of my 3 stocking his Marth to show how "good" Ike is :?

Oh, and I'd also like to mention that the video tape was his, but the capture device he's using at the moment is mine. He said I could have my capture device, but not the tape. It's so frustrating!!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That's a very nice Ike you have there. :)
One of the best I've seen so far, that's for sure. I seriously can't wait to get my own copy of Brawl and work on my Ike some more.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Dont use counter. Ever.

Other than that, you show some good knowledge. Ike needs to ***** out his air attacks beacause most of his grounded strikes are horrid.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
well his standard AAA works well to get some breathing room. Counter seems to have a safer usage rate this time around. It looks like it can't be punished as hard as it could've been in Melee.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Ike's counter is FABULOUS. It is essential for Ike to maintain a decent amount of speed.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
I usually only use counter when I know an attack is coming. This vid is my first time using Ike in an actual tourney. I was testing the waters.

AntonieFC

Smash Cadet
Dont use counter. Ever.

Other than that, you show some good knowledge. Ike needs to ***** out his air attacks beacause most of his grounded strikes are horrid.
Countering is great, you just need to know when and where to use it. Counter spamming is terrible however :laugh:.

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
So, just to let you guys know, I'm uploading some new Ike matches right now, so they should be up on youtube by the morrow. I think there are 4 of em! I'll update this post when they are ready for viewing!

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
So. . . .I was at a Brawl tournament today, and we recorded almost all of my Ike fights. I won the tournament with Ike. My friend said that Ike was a broken character, and he didn't want to play as Marth to beat me. He said he won't put up the videos cuz Ike's broken. He then said that he would only put up the one video of my 3 stocking his Marth to show how "good" Ike is :?

Oh, and I'd also like to mention that the video tape was his, but the capture device he's using at the moment is mine. He said I could have my capture device, but not the tape. It's so frustrating!!!
Johns johns johns
Ike is by no means overpowered.
Tell him to stop making johns and L2P.

Btw you use a lot of Up B and Down B (a lil too much), but your Ike is alright. If you're interested in wifi matches, feel free to PM me.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Lol, I'll just say that was not a good Peach. Look @ :44 for Christ's sake. Good shot there.

Anyway, you just need to work on your Aethering according to this movie. Also, use Ike's Nair more and less of his Fair since Nair comes out faster and covers nearly all around Ike.

And uh, don't Counter as much. Ike doesn't need it all too greatly.

Betaz

Smash Ace
wow that G-dorf whores side b like no other...
I think you did ok...I guess...use grabs more though...and up b as an actual attack move not just a recovery option...

iron blade

Smash Ace
Nice vids. It looks like perfect shielding and spacing are big for Ike. Lol Ganoncide on Delfino Plaza.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
Match 1: You use counter a bit too much and need to use more of the 3 hit combo (AAA).

Match 2: Better than the last one, though aether usually works well on big guys like ganon.

Match 3: Nice use of Bair and good match overall.

Match 4: He got you twice with the side b suicide, nothing other than that to comment on.

Match 5: Best match overall in my opinion. You could have punished him at 2:47 when he used the u tilt.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
I only watched the match that took place on the Bridge of Eldin and I enjoyed it. One of the things I've been thinking about lately as far as jab canceling is concerned is Jab cancel -> dsmash, which you definitely used and I was happy to see. It either connects, or the opponent rolls behind you and gets hit by the second swipe. Of course, they can shield/shield grab you, or sidestep, but it seems a very nice tactic either way. Of course, the more I think about it, the more skeptical I get, but either way...

DMStudios

Smash Journeyman
He got you twice with the side b suicide, nothing other than that to comment on.
Do you know how hard it is to ledge guard a suicidal Ganondorf?! If I jump out to him, he'll grab me!! My friend doesn't care what percent he's at!!

By the way, when I was playing as Pokemon Trainer, he grabbed me while I was literally on the stage during my "invincibility" frames of my rolling get up! Ganondorfs Broken!!

Top Bottom