• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vids for critique

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
when i clicked the link it took me to your youtube profile. i wanted to know, are you scat and fighting a roy? cause i have some pointers for whoever it was. dont hesitate on making decisions on what you want to do. i sensed a lot of hesitation in that vid. secondly, not enough uair or nair in my opinion. when trying to edge gaurd try to Bair more often instead of Fair. they will just attempt to metor cancel the fair when its most likely safer to just nock them back away from the level and suerly die (depending on recovery and damage of course) do not try and fast fall your short hop fairs, it wont happen so you know.

here are some vids that helped my mario along incase you wanted to further your play with him...
combo video feat. the cape http://youtube.com/watch?v=df_vmKZFAnU
ThaShogun's combo vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=w6vFrvaDnfU
Eggz combo vid http://youtube.com/watch?v=woAl8-bHh9M
and last but not least Mario Party!!! http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6I4jevT-8

either way if that mario was you or not. those vids helped me a considerable amount, deff check em out

bigman40

Smash Master
when i clicked the link it took me to your youtube profile. i wanted to know, are you scat and fighting a roy? cause i have some pointers for whoever it was. dont hesitate on making decisions on what you want to do. i sensed a lot of hesitation in that vid. secondly, not enough uair or nair in my opinion. when trying to edge gaurd try to Bair more often instead of Fair. they will just attempt to metor cancel the fair when its most likely safer to just nock them back away from the level and suerly die (depending on recovery and damage of course) do not try and fast fall your short hop fairs, it wont happen so you know.
Thx and yeah I was playing mario while my friend was playing roy. I think a few times when I stopped, I was thinking about my next move, but yeah I do hesitate cause of him spamming that fsmash (when i'm at high percentages). Iknow a few times when I was going to edge guard, I screwed up, but yeah we learn from mistakes!

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
yeah, swords scare me too but i have a mustache of steel and just take em like a man till i find a way around them xD check those videos out. there is worlds of stuff to be learned from them and if you need more than that, youtube is your friend =D

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
hehe. the only diff between the sword you were dodging and the one i was dodging....mine was marths...i have a horrible game against marththat im trying to improve and running into his sword isnt exactly good xD. but thats why i use other characters such as roy/marth/yoshi/luigi/C.Falcon/falco/and G&W (i think thats it xD )
i was also watching your yoshi stuff. not bad. kinda reminds me of when my friend and i were gonna enter a tournament as duel yoshis with the team name "Throwing Babies" :laugh:

bigman40

Smash Master
yeah I main yoshi, but mario is always my back up when I need him. Plus, mario sort of gives me that speed boost I need to combat against the faster characters.

Subs

Smash Rookie
in fights against my friends mainly Link i use the cape anytime he decides to be annyoning and use the same move, or when he up metior strikes i just counter with the drill kick and annhilate him. A very good combo would be jumping toward him and hitting him with the big fist that should pop him off the ground them fire blast him and it should be an instant kill.

yeah just some stuff i thought i would share

bigman40

Smash Master
To paranormalsin: yeah I main yoshi, but mario is always my back up when I need him. Plus, mario sort of gives me that speed boost I need to combat against the faster characters.
To be honest, I thought that my friend should have mained marth more than roy, cause he hits me with the tip of the sword more than the middle. (but I won't tell him that he'll have to figure it out himself :p )

and thanks subs, i'll try to use that fair more for set-up kills, but they're really tough for me to land them on opponents.

Subs

Smash Rookie
yeah my other friend is fox so i need to think instantly or im done. Today we played like 7-9 hours straight and i used Mario/Ice Climbers, but no matter what i was on my toes (in game) and alert using all my abilities to their full extent.

bigman40

Smash Master
what would you say is good tactics going against a fox? I only know a few people who play fox but I never been able to play them (around me), so i'm trying to think of some strats when I come up to one.

Subs

Smash Rookie
well the main thing i do is notice his moves and make sure you can cape him or get a fireball in when he tries to get you. the spin kick not the tornado comes in handy so much. The move i recommend to never use is the tornado b/c they can easily get you. Just use any move that can stop them for a sec to get a good attack in. Especially the air combo i told you before.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
watch some of those vids man, they got some good match up footage in them and you can see what you can possibly do against each. i know Eggz's video was the one that i like to watch and ThaShoguns is the one where i learned how to play mario to my full extint

Subs

Smash Rookie
yeah i just sat down and practiced with my friends and we all even except the one that uses samus or kirby he is getting there. >.<

I'm out for the night its 11:30 and ive been up since 3

ill talk to you guys later remember me!!!!!

Venom NY

Smash Lord
u need to get more grabs in,i dont main mario but i play with one of the best mario players in d world and when mario can get his grabs in it usually leads into combos.I tihnk i should spot dodge more since mario has a super fast spot dodge.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
its your side step. its just called a spot dodge cause it on the spot. like right then and there. so when a marth is charging over smash. you spot dodge it. or a grab you spot dodge =D

Top Bottom