• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vids for critique

N64

Smash Champion
Roll less. Otherwise, try to stay mobile almost all the time. Dash dance and wavedash around to look a bit unpredictable, and then jump in with an aerial or usmash or whatever works. Usmash is good, but don't spam it as much, it's quite punishable. Nair is pretty safe, rising uairs are pretty safe to spam.

bigman40

Smash Master
thanks for the input. I'd say that it's not one of my best days (I move around ALOT more than that), but I have one question about the dsmash. Would it be good to spam them if people like to roll around alot?

XSkyShadowX

Smash Apprentice
Hmm it kind of looked like u were scared to attack him. try to stay more Aggresive nd charge at him then probably fake with a wavedash or something else so he would leave himself open nd go in for the strike. I agree wit n64 roll less also :) WaveDash its fun keep up the practicin though. pretty goood

festizzio

Smash Champion
Hmm it's pretty good, main things I was noticing is 1. you smash attack waaayyy too much, 2. don't roll so much, 3. don't play on great bay, and 4. learn to space your aerials better, you got needlessly shield grabbed a lot at least against the Roy because you always tried coming in with an aerial after double jumping. And in general play smarter, like don't thundershock a Roy on Mute City start of the match, bad things happen. :)

bigman40

Smash Master
3. don't play on great bay
One question about the maps, what are all the official ones to play on? I know FD, Battllefield, Kirbs DL, Yoshi's Island, Dream Fountain, and maybe Mute City. Am I missing any others?

Edit: nah my strats come as I play people.

festizzio

Smash Champion
These are the random (neutral) stages and banned stages, everything else is a legal counter-pick stage:

Random stages - Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams(singles).

Banned Stages - Hyrule Temple, Flat Zone, Yoshi's Island, Brinstar Depths, Four Side, Big Blue, Kongo Jungle, Yoshi's Island 64, Mushroom Kingdom I, Great Bay, Mute City(doubles), Fountain of Dreams(doubles)

So basically everything except the banned stages is legal.

bigman40

Smash Master
thanks. maybe now I won't get a messed up map against a few spammers.
P.S. I dispise marths and roys. I suck at playing characters with swords. I also hate their ridiculous reach when they grab (so annoying!). Maybe if I find someone who plays marth then I'll make one.

bigman40

Smash Master
Oh lol hmm. Do u feel comfortable with PIkachus? I dispise them for some reason so tiny nd fast lol
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who plays a pikachu here. so I can't say much. The people I know play ganon, luigi, peach, roy, falcon, fox, dr. mario, and ness.

Top Bottom