• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Game Mafia 2 - End of Line

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok so TK lynch did nothing so nothing we can do there, maybe I go pew pew and solve that. Or we try to lynch again....nah jk.

Whoever ****ed with my targeting can get bent. I assume that it's a Scum ability, so everyone else, be aware that it might happen to you.

I'll reread later in light of Maven flip, but I think my reads are mostly the same.
Why the assumption it must have been scum?

Actually wait a minute what the hell did happen.

alright I didn’t want to claim this earlier but I need an explanation.

I’m your bus driver and I bussed maven to doop.

how the hell did maven die and doop live?
nvm, anyways so likely here they targetted doop then.

Either way, how come you felt like claiming here?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It's in the post. I wanted people to be aware there was targeting shenaniganry. I presumed the ability was Scum aligned, because why else would you do it to me? I also (incorrectly, due to the bus) assumed whoever did it would obviously be aware they'd done it to me, so little harm claiming.

I love that you wanted to kill me but ended up saving my life from the NK. Thanks bruh.
Timing look weird and premature here, why not wait and see?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I think Z25 and UP are either both scum or both town. Currently suspect S-S.

Z stated D1 that he received a message to lynch UP. I doubt it was a town message, so my thinking is either town Z received a message from scum (which indicates town UP) or the whole thing was plot between the two of them to have UP town read. The conversation between them D1 lead me to suspect the latter. The way they discussed it felt prearranged:

Two other things that lead me to suspect that the two of them are aligned: This is sort of game breaky, but I have a suspicion that Z's mistake in the Day/Night PM was caused by having a scum communication thread and thinking he was posting there. And then UP jumped in to let him know where he was posting.

This also felt weirdly defensive:
It reads to me, again like there was a prearranged ordeal to make (this time Z) read town and Raxxie not reading it that way provoked UP to make it explicit.
I think this is assuming a bit much with what info we have, but I'm willing to listen.

You think they came out pushing a gambit into day 2 right out of the gate?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok so TK lynch did nothing so nothing we can do there, maybe I go pew pew and solve that. Or we try to lynch again....nah jk.

Why the assumption it must have been scum?

nvm, anyways so likely here they targetted doop then.

Either way, how come you felt like claiming here?
I had thought that doop should have been killed by being linked to maven. so I posted what I knew. However my bus was made backwards as I put maven down first not doop. I thought it worked the way I had done it and that whatever happened to maven would be the same for doop but I had misunderstood. The information still wound up useful, as it shows us the real target, and I think rax’s reaction was very poor from a town perspective newbie or not.
Z25 Z25 Why did you pick those two in your own words for a swap?
I covered this a bit above, but for the actual reasons. I figured Maven oils likely be targeted by scum for his shenanigans, and I wanted to use my skill to check if doop could be the scum doing the kills. Which he wasn’t, as he’s seemingly the actual target, so at the very least I was able to confirm a townie.

side note:

since we were told we should have voted fast last phase, I’m going to put a vote down as I fully agree today after what’s gone on that rax seems scummy. Yesterday admits Pythag saying they were bait as townies, I was skeptical of Rax’s alignment but their reaction to my claim kinda of sells it to me.

also I don’t jnow

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I had thought that doop should have been killed by being linked to maven. so I posted what I knew. However my bus was made backwards as I put maven down first not doop. I thought it worked the way I had done it and that whatever happened to maven would be the same for doop but I had misunderstood. The information still wound up useful, as it shows us the real target, and I think rax’s reaction was very poor from a town perspective newbie or not.

I covered this a bit above, but for the actual reasons. I figured Maven oils likely be targeted by scum for his shenanigans, and I wanted to use my skill to check if doop could be the scum doing the kills. Which he wasn’t, as he’s seemingly the actual target, so at the very least I was able to confirm a townie.

side note:

since we were told we should have voted fast last phase, I’m going to put a vote down as I fully agree today after what’s gone on that rax seems scummy. Yesterday admits Pythag saying they were bait as townies, I was skeptical of Rax’s alignment but their reaction to my claim kinda of sells it to me.

also I don’t jnow
Clicked enter by mistake.

my last part was this:
Also I don’t know if I’ll be too active on here the weekend. My computers been dead for a week due to hardrive issues, tomorrow there’s some personal stuff going on in my family irl, my friends father also unfortunately passed away today so the arrangements there will likely be Sunday or Monday if not both. Then the weekend I’ll have to catch up on the school work I missed as well, as I take online courses.

so I’m probably not going to be super active but I’ll try to contribute and then early next week I should be good again.

and since I don’t know if I’ll be around I’m throwing a vote down to see what happens if we lynch fast like TK said yesterday.

Vote: Rax

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I mean, Doop pretty much was sold on voting me D1 with Raxxel as an alternate. Because of that, I can’t exactly say much on the matter, as I was his scum read. Whoever it was, I feel like it was an attempt to frame Raxxel and/or me, so that we would be implicated if Doop did in fact die.

But that opinion doesn’t count for much because I appear anti-town to y’all.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Looks like I'm getting lynched since UP's vote should be majority at this point, correct? Just waiting on Third to confirm it. I feel it's a little early, but you guys made your decision.

Just some thoughts that you guys can look over:
After some thought, unless Doop and Z are teammates, which while possible is not a wager I would take this soon, neither can be lying about the bus driver situation.

With that in mind, I feel like Doop was targeted since there were a lot of people who could be blamed for his kill since he went for what was arguably the anti-scum move of pushing for a normal lynch. I feel like one of the people who voted TK would be to blame then, taking a gamble by sitting among a pool of suspects but absolving themselves by pushing for one of the others in said pool. In that respect, Red Ryu feels likely.

Outside of that, Red Ryu still remains suspicious to me. I really don't like how he threatened town near the end of day 1.

While UP's response to my Z post feels really oddly defensive and I don't understand the anger, this could only mean then a UP Z and Doop team which feels really unlikely to me. Of course this doesn't mean he couldn't just be pushing for a mislynch. His being the last vote for me is extremely strange.

Pythag has oddly abandoned his confident stance towards me and UP being lynch bait. Still null town but lack of commitment is notable.

GLG is absolutely aggro town to me.

Maven was townie so I'm sitting on a null-town Kevin now.

Xivii is null-town to me for now.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag has oddly abandoned his confident stance towards me and UP being lynch bait. Still null town but lack of commitment is notable.
Just saying, with how d1 went, I'm alright saying that my initial reads were wrong (aside from maven being townie I guess)
Doop was going for UP, I could therefore see UP targeting him.
My stand on you isn't *reversed* per se, but I've lightened up, and if town wants you dead, I'm ok with that train.

I'm happier with my vote on UP tho.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote: UP

Tk won't be here to update the vote count until the 20th. The previous Day phase was 5 and half days, and we're currently 3 days in. We should try to get a confident majority within the next 48 hours.

I think this is assuming a bit much with what info we have, but I'm willing to listen.

You think they came out pushing a gambit into day 2 right out of the gate?
They're circumstantial points, but yes I think it's probable.

After some thought, unless Doop and Z are teammates, which while possible is not a wager I would take this soon, neither can be lying about the bus driver situation.
It's still possible. Z's claim isn't clear and what he's stated conflicts with how bus driver typically operates.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
For clarity, we should assume majority is 6, not 5.

Yes I can,

every night I can bus two people together. This will make all actions from player target another.
Actions from player or actions toward player? Also target another or target the other?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For clarity, we should assume majority is 6, not 5.

Actions from player or actions toward player? Also target another or target the other?
All actions from one player will target the other is the description.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That makes me think then that any action the players use target the other. This makes more sense with Doop's claim.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That makes me think then that any action the players use target the other. This makes more sense with Doop's claim.
This seems to be a likely option after all the discussions surrounding it

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still don't think we're on the same page.
I thought we were, unless I’m missing something?
If your referring to Doops claim, then my claim it would imply that mavens action( because again I listed him first) affected Doops actions, that’s your idea so far correct?

Doop is insisting that it’s none of these things however but he won’t clarify what exactly affected his action other then the fact he said it wasn’t my skill.

This is the conclusion you had right? Unless again I’m missing something. It’s late here so maybe I misread, but I’m not sure I entirely know what your referring to atm

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
All actions from one player will target the other is the description.
Wait whaaaat? That would mean Maven was actually the NK and we've all been assuming it was me incorrectly? And, FYPoV, wouldn't that incriminate the **** out of me, because if I'd done the kill @ anyone it would result in Maven death? Why aren't you trying to lynch me?

I thought we were, unless I’m missing something?
If your referring to Doops claim, then my claim it would imply that mavens action( because again I listed him first) affected Doops actions, that’s your idea so far correct?

Doop is insisting that it’s none of these things however but he won’t clarify what exactly affected his action other then the fact he said it wasn’t my skill.

This is the conclusion you had right? Unless again I’m missing something. It’s late here so maybe I misread, but I’m not sure I entirely know what your referring to atm
Not won't, can't. I don't know what happened exactly, but I do know enough to say that it's not consistent with what your ability would do.

Dooplissity

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, unless it's a one way redirection only? but then why call it a bus driver when it's just a redirector??

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Doop was going for UP, I could therefore see UP targeting him.
If I was scum, do you really think I would’ve killed the one person who read me as scum the strongest? That would just implicate me for the kill and make me obv scum.

Also why is everybody voting for me? I’m town, and it’s not a good decision. Lynch Raxxel, and you can kill me tomorrow.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait whaaaat? That would mean Maven was actually the NK and we've all been assuming it was me incorrectly? And, FYPoV, wouldn't that incriminate the **** out of me, because if I'd done the kill @ anyone it would result in Maven death? Why aren't you trying to lynch me?

Not won't, can't. I don't know what happened exactly, but I do know enough to say that it's not consistent with what your ability would do.
That’s what I had thought initially, but then everyone else thought it was the other way around. So now I don’t know. I want to see what everyone else thinks on which way this skill worked, weather it be that maven was the original kill or you were.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
If I was scum, do you really think I would’ve killed the one person who read me as scum the strongest? That would just implicate me for the kill and make me obv scum.

Also why is everybody voting for me? I’m town, and it’s not a good decision. Lynch Raxxel, and you can kill me tomorrow.
Wifom? In my thread? The answer may shock you.

why is Raxxel a better lynch?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Literally everything UP has done is what Raxxel has done only Raxxel has been far scummier with his arm chair critic sidelining, I really don't get why people are favoring that slot at all.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Literally everything UP has done is what Raxxel has done only Raxxel has been far scummier with his arm chair critic sidelining, I really don't get why people are favoring that slot at all.
Majority vote is on me, my dude. It's just three people basically raising the idea of a UP lynch instead, you and UP need to calm down, you're getting your lynch.

Also for the love of god if I'm already dead then next day PLEASE lynch UP that man hopped on a wagon last second without explanation and WIFOM'd. The fact that you're dismissive of that tier of scum behavior is remarkably scummy in of itself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thank you. Yes please lynch Raxxel. Lynching me would be a major mistake.
Ok this post doesn’t look good.

“lynching me would be a major mistake” is something usually stated by a desperate townie or even scum who really want to survive. This is not a good look.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This isn't an accurate portrayal. Aside from me, every player has voiced contentment or desire to lynch Raxxel.

As for my read, Raxxel's play is consistent with what I'd expect from a new player in general. The arm chair criticing and the reactive response to surface scumminess (i.g. Maven's play and your day vig crumbs) are things we've seen time and time again from new players. They're NAI at best. The reason why I think he's town, however, is his lack of self-preservation. Despite being faced with death, he's still trying to be helpful. This to me is more indicative of his alignment than anything else. I also picked up on this yesterDay here:
This is ominous to say the least and anti-town. Why would you make such a blatant threat to take matters into your own hands if the rest of us don't comply with your demands? It seems especially weird cause the majority of us are agreeing on a TK lynch already, but even if we weren't, would you really be willing to force that outcome against our will by whatever means you have?

I get what you're saying, I myself have made this point before. If you really do see a worthy scum-read, I'd consider it. Ryu is my candidate right now if you were to solicit my input. The biggest sell for a TK lynch right now is that we're not going to risk lynching a town in such a small game. But I do agree with you on us losing out on a read, and there isn't a guarantee we start D2 any better than we started D1.
This is in reaction to you stating that you'd force a Tk lynch over Raxxel. This shows a lack of self-preservation on Raxxel's end because your actions would have benefited him.

This is in stark contrast to UP's play over this last page, who:
  • ignored my question here and naked voted/potentially hammered Raxxel without explanation
  • reacted defensively to three votes
  • is now making threats about lynching him

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This isn't an accurate portrayal. Aside from me, every player has voiced contentment or desire to lynch Raxxel.

As for my read, Raxxel's play is consistent with what I'd expect from a new player in general. The arm chair criticing and the reactive response to surface scumminess (i.g. Maven's play and your day vig crumbs) are things we've seen time and time again from new players. They're NAI at best. The reason why I think he's town, however, is his lack of self-preservation. Despite being faced with death, he's still trying to be helpful. This to me is more indicative of his alignment than anything else. I also picked up on this yesterDay here:
This is in reaction to you stating that you'd force a Tk lynch over Raxxel. This shows a lack of self-preservation on Raxxel's end because your actions would have benefited him.

This is in stark contrast to UP's play over this last page, who:
  • ignored my question here and naked voted/potentially hammered Raxxel without explanation
  • reacted defensively to three votes
  • is now making threats about lynching him
Hmm you got me a bit here, especially with this posts from UP.

Unvote

You think others acted opportunistic to raxxel in general. I think what you did convince me a bit is the attitude parts here. I’m gonna think on this and think about it but what about slots like Kevin and such?

Top Bottom