• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Discussing Pros/Cons of two major Paralyzer Utilizations

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux

@ Dakpo Dakpo

I forgot to mention in the video that the counter to aggressively chasing the special reversal grounded paralyzer setup is to throw a preemptive pivot grab. Not huge since it's inherently risky, but something worth noting.

Discuss

If you guys want more videos of different things of this nature, let me know!

Last edited:

GdspdUblkprzdnt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GdspdUblkprzdnt
Your attention to detail is astounding :)
I'm glad you got something out of the video LOL
Twas merely a random observation. I actually learned quite a bit from the video. Was totally unaware that Zamus had a legitimate zoning game. Most Zamus I meet play super rushdown.

DeLux

Twas merely a random observation. I actually learned quite a bit from the video. Was totally unaware that Zamus had a legitimate zoning game. Most Zamus I meet play super rushdown.
In terms of character strengths -
ZSS tends to do a very solid job converting slight adv positions into heavy advantages / punishes because of her combo game.
She tends to do a very solid job of converting slight disadv positions into neutral because of mobility and flip jump.

She tends to do a pretty poor job of opening up a character that is determined to stay ground and play out of shield from the neutral position.

Generally because of this, unless you're a significantly stronger player than your opponent, I feel it's best to play the zoning game in order to use sequencing and pro-active yomi loop manipulation (as shown in the video) towards reconciling the short comings at neutral.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Good video, I think I will try using both. Food for thought, pivot F-til is similar to the nair. It does stuff preemptive approaches as well. I wonder which is least punishable on shield.

The pinnacle for this character will be someone who can successfully master pivot Jabs. #callingit

Last edited:

LawCorazon

Night Moon
NNID
Noctisluna
3DS FC
3711-8120-3309
Good video, I think I will try using both. Food for thought, pivot F-til is similar to the nair. It does stuff preemptive approaches as well. I wonder which is least punishable on shield.

The pinnacle for this character will be someone who can successfully master pivot Jabs. #callingit
Sound like a good idea if your opponent realizes that you like to walk past them a lot. Also would using f-tilt upward be considered a decent anti-air being that it hits at a 90 degree angle? it's something that i thought of but not actually tried.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Sound like a good idea if your opponent realizes that you like to walk past them a lot. Also would using f-tilt upward be considered a decent anti-air being that it hits at a 90 degree angle? it's something that i thought of but not actually tried.
it would need a little more range to be a good anit-air

DeLux

I think for my next trick, I'll make a video talking about approaching via paralyzer :p

Top Bottom