• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Channel

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Link to original post: [drupal=5025]Video Channel[/drupal]

Hey there Smashboards! A few weeks ago I posted a link to my co-op channel, but I also have my own channel www.youtube.com/ryushimazu

I wanted to put this out there, because unlike the co-op channel, this is solely focused on gameplay videos (with few things inbetween)

I am currently recording Monster Hunter (Freedom unite, portable third), Soul Calibur V, with some XIII-2 videos here and there, but there will be a few random Diablo II vids, as well as Dissidia 012, Assassin's Creed/Revelations, and more.

:] I do boring monotone commentary, so that's the only downside. i'm trying to work on that, but damn its hard for real :/

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
You get used to commentary after awhile. You just need to keep at it. The more you practice, the easier it becomes, and the more natural it can be.

Just get a better mic, and try keeping background noise to an extreme minimum. Play games that you truly love to play, that way it becomes much easier to talk about them. If you try to commentate on a game you hate, then your commentary becomes forced, and people can easily tell.

Also, try to get a nice balance between your gameplay and your voice. If you're going to do commentary, then you want people to hear you, but also the game.

One more thing, you need some sort of personality in your vids. No personality means no one wants to hear you. Its a chore just to listen to anybody with no personality.

Also keep in mind the type of audience you want to attract. Do you want to attract people who have never played the game before? Or do you want to attract people who are in the know for that game? Or are you just recording yourself play video games just because? Whatever audience you want to attract determines how your commentary will go.

Top Bottom