• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Capture device question

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I want to put my brawl replays on my comp. so i can upload it and share it all with you! So how much are video capture devices and where are they available at?

-please dont' say google it, you took the time to read this, just answer :laugh:

SoulSamurai

Smash Rookie
Capture Devices can be found anywhere. I have a Dazzle DVC 170 capture card which is very easy to use. Basicly one end has a USB connector and the other end is a set of composite video cable ports. To record videos, all you have to do is connect the USB connector to the USB port in your computer, and connect composite cables to the monitor output ports on your television and the A/V ports on the capture card. Then all you have to do is use the capturing software included ( you can use a different software such as Sony Vegas or Windows Movie Maker) to record your videos. This though, will only give you standard quality videos. For high quality videos, I recommend you buy a Gamebridge 1410 which has the exact same setup with the Dazzle except that to use it, you have to have an S-video port on your television. The Gamebridge will transfer your game onto your computer screen, and then, I recommend using Fraps to record your videos.

Prices: Dazzle DVC 170 Capture Card- $84.98(Frys price)
composite cables-$2.99- $25.00)(Frys price)
Gamebridge-$81.99(Ebay price -Maximum) $189.99- (Amazon price - Maximum)
Sony Vegas- $800.00- Use free trial
Windows Movie Maker- Usually already available on most computers
Fraps- $37.00- use free demo

All prices are before tax.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Ah, I see! Thanks for the help!
So these can be found at Wal*Mart? usually?
and I'm gessing the composite calbes come separately?
I have movie maker so I'm set tere..
and what is Fraps exactly?

SoulSamurai

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if the Dazzle is available at Walmart (I checked the website but, the stores might have a different inventory) but the only way to get and Adaptec Gamebridge 1410 is by getting it on-line. The composite cables, unfortunatly do not come with the Dazzle, but do come with the Gamebridge. Fraps (FRames Per Second) is a software that allows you to record things off your computer, though it is only efficive if you also use a Gamebridge in conjunction. I know that you can buy a Dazzle capture card at Circut City, but it is slightly more expensive ($89.99). Best Buy also sells two different Dazzle capture cards but their video capture is horrible, and they require an S-video output. The only thing I can think of is that you go to www.dazzle.com and see if you can buy a capture card there for a low price.

Top Bottom