• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video analysis - Vudujin

The Carpenter

Smash Apprentice
I just stumbled across what I suppose is an obscure video with Vudujin. In this set, Vudu nearly pulls a JV5 in the first game. He also proceeds to do amazingly in every game save for game 2. I though this might be a good video to pick apart and talk about what he did right and what he did wrong. As for the first game, it seems to me that he simply keep an incredible amount of momentum and pressure going. I should mention also that the vid is a bit old (2012.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEBPvzJbuoI

Last edited:

Griffard

Smash Ace
Luigi and Ganondorf are momentum based characters. On a stage as small as Yoshi's, if either character keeps that pressure coming, it's hard to take it back. Vudujin did a fantastic job of positioning himself with dashes and turning around so his moves and wavedashes could cover options and come closer to guaranteeing follow-ups on Renth.

I only watched the first minute or so of the second game but it's obvious he was going for pretty silly stuff. He jumped from ledge instead of standup/roll/get-up attack to let Renth back, he let him back on the left side to go for a misfire mixup instead of guaranteed up b/forward smash/any aerial.. he knew he dominated game 1 and wanted to try some new things. He also went for the patented unnecessary / sub-optimal Vudujin extra nairs just in that one minute I checked out.

I'm at work so I might check out the rest later- but he was looking zippy with his movement and was getting everything he wanted in game 1.

Top Bottom