• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VICTORYBLOG #4: Console WARS!

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=5336]VICTORYBLOG #4: Console WARS![/drupal]

Here's a :link2: last week's blog on nervous speaking: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=326155

Here I go again doing these blogs just before Toonami comes on, but I digress.

Ok this week's blog is all about Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft,

but before I begin I share no bias to any platform in this blog, I've either owned or played on each released console that I mention in this blog, so I will not be throwing out false & bias thoughts towards any particular party,

so let's begin; It has been half, maybe more of a decade since the seventh generation of gaming came out, ending the Era's of the Nintendo Gamecube, Sony Playstation 2, & The original Microsoft Xbox....

A new generation arrived packed with new features, titles, & experiences, that fueled the beginning of a CONSOLE WAR.
At first It was just the fans of each individual console & company who were on the frontlines defending their console, & bashing others.
Then soon later competition began between the companies, who had the superior hard/software & overall better gaming experiences.

You were either with Nintendo & their Innovative & Casual console, the NINTENDO Wii
Or Soon after you joined Sony's clan & followed the Powerful & Title heavy SONY PLAYSTATION 3
If neither worked for you, you got behind the MICROSOFT XBOX 360 who catered to both Audiences within a balance.

The three would compete seeing who handled the patented motion controls the best, which Nintendo unarguably won, some say Sony & Microsoft only went after that market to end Nintendo's so called "gimmick", but Nintendo prevailed even though being the least powerful & graphic heavy of the three, but still holding it's own with steady controls & classic titles brought to the Wii: Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario, Kirby, Pokemon...etc & many more.

The flaws in Sony's & Microsoft's motion control ideals were small, to simply put the PS-Move had no games & Kinect didn't appeal to Xbox's more hardcore audience & when trying to, amused it's audience & was shunned. In the sales department, Nintendo shined upon all even after being the first to release it's console in 2006. Some may argue it was due to Sony & Microsoft's high pricing, with the PS3 retailed at $499.99 US & XBOX 360 $399.99 while the Wii launched at a medium of $249.99. cheaper than both, not to mention Nintendo's launch line-up impressed many others more so than the other two companies.

E3 2011...After many rumors & commotion, Nintendo revealed & introduced something even newer & innovative, The NINTENDO Wii U

Nintendo is stepping up's it's game once again with the Wii U, making up for any mistake they've made in the past six years, with the Wii. The Wii U is the predecessor of the Wii or sequel some may say, but some rumor that the original Wii console was just a prototype for what was to come to the Wii U, which may sound far fetched to some, but the Wii U is compatible with the Wii-mote/Nun-chuck so who can really know. But before we get into the Wii U a little too much let's back track a little.
See not only have the home consoles been battling it out to see who prevails, but there has been a long trail of handhelds released competing on a smaller scaled, but non-the less important still.

Ah Yes, the Nintendo DS & Sony PSP, now Nintendo isn't new to handheld consoles if anybody remembers this:

The gameboy color, Nintendo's first handheld gaming system, but I'm not gonna really talk about it, just reference. So around the mid-era of the PS2 Sony decided it would be in good interest in releasing a Handheld as well to compete, as the Gameboy went Obsolete the DS came into play with several different modifications to it like its predecessor the gameboy did, having a DS Lite, DSi, DSliteXXL, 3DS....etc & Sony tried this as well having the PSP, The PSP Go which did actually interest me, but didn't do well in retail. & now to compete against with the Nintendo 3DS as I mentioned before, Sony releases the PSP Vita equipped with 3D capabilities as well & other similar components. So far the DS has been on top with the Handheld war, but the Vita isn't too far behind, they both have an array of amazing titles, to come & so far. Surprisingly Microsoft has strayed from Handhelds.

Okay now fast-forward back to the Wii U the first to make it's entrance in the Eighth Generation of gaming. Rumors speculate that the PS4 & Xbox 720 are on the horizon, but with the technological capabilities the PS3 & Xbox won't be outdated for a long time, & the future consoles may be in development, but there is no hardware that could handle their power if they so desired to be stronger than the Wii which is said to be 50% more powerful then the PS3 & 360, which is pretty impressive seeing how much the two consoles can do.

The Wii U is Nintendo stepping stone back into the hardcore title spotlight bringing in titles such as Assassin's Creed 3, Darksiders 2, & rumor has it...GTA 5. Now don't think Nintendo is selling out now to regain some of it's lost audience, because they are still bringing in the Classic home titles they usually do with a New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, Super Smash Bros. 4, Pikmin 3 & an amazing looking new Legend of Zelda title.

The Wii has switched gears this time once again as always changing Controllers, although as I said before the Wii-Mote is still compatible, but we have a new controller the Gamepad which is a tablet/controller which allows motion control, TV to Controller Gameplay if something on TV comes on, that you want to watch, a numerous amount of other things, not yet revealed to us yet.
No word on what's to come when the new Sony & Microsoft titles arrive, but they are still competing, even with a console not yet released, Microsoft just recently released news on a new Xbox tablet said to compete with the Wii U's Gamepad called the Smart Glass

It is said by Microsoft to be more efficient & powerful than the Gamepad & some say this is due to Nintendo's side-controller the Pro-Controller, created to please all the hardcore gamers out there who'd rather not play games with the GamePad especially with titles like Super Smash Bros. or Tekken Tournament. Why does Microsoft & their fans have a problem with the Pro-Controller?
This..

Shared similarities, that's all, but I'm gonna end it here since I'd missed about an hour of Toonami :L So to end it off, the Console War is a very long lasting war & probably will never end as long as Nintendo, Sony, & Microsoft co-exist, but don't make this war out to be bad, because it's not, It's good competition, it's making games better, it's furthering technology to a degree unspeakable, Gaming has changed so much in the past 30 years & it's amazing, Show you're loyalty to whoever you please.. I personally will be buying a Wii U on launch. What company(s)/system(s) do you pledge loyalty to? What next gen console will you be buying, what do you think of the Wii U? What are your general thoughts on this topic?

The Nintendo Wii U & Gamepad is retailed at $299.99 for the Fourth Quarter of 2012...

Hopefully your Console will come out on top....

NEXT WEEK: ANIME!!

Top Bottom