• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Victoryblog #2: Toonami

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=5309]VICTORYBLOG #2: TOONAMI[/drupal]

Link to my first blog on Super Smash Bros. 4: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=325548

Ok so I gotta make this quick, because Toonami comes on in like an 1 hour.
So bascially Toonami has been airing for about 9 or 10 weeks & I have been in full support mode, tuning in every week, but as each week goes by this thought & some other ones have been lingering in my mind, & I didn't want to touch the already pre-exisiting thread, that I haven't seen touched since I joined, so here I go. As we all know (as Toonami supporters) that Toonami comes on every saturday at midnight or at 3 a.m if you live on the west of the globe, it aires right after Adult Swim launches at 9pm with a Half-Hour of Home Movies & Family Guy, & a full-hour of King of the Hill & Boondocks, which I think is messed up, they have been saying week after week, after they teased with Toonami on April 1st of 2012 that

and as of May 26, 2012, we did get it back, but

Won't fully hand over that 3 hours before Toonami aires, now I do understand that the directors/creators/whatever do not have alot of funding to aire new content, but something can be done, I don't care what it is, hell take Young Justice, Thundercats, & Ben 10 from the saturday morning lineup & put them up from 9 to 12m until the anime comes on, It really bothers me to see that little Adult Swim logo on the bottom of the screen everytime I watch Toonami, I mean even though they probably helped it get back on aire, let the creators have some control over things, They have been airing the same 4 anime shows for the past what 2-4 years on Adult Swim, & now they want to aire them on Toonami? That really ticks me off, either help them or don't help them at all. Anyways...a 9pm schedule would be nice, that's 3 hours extra, so 3 new shows (an hour & a half of programming) then their 3 reruns during that hour (the other hour & a half). Some people want Toonami to aire on the weekdays like they use to, but Toonami has a core audience right now, the people who will watch every saturday, religiously to support the block. Breaking up that 700,000 to a Million people who watch everyweek into 5-7 days will hurt the ratings, which guess what, hurts the funding they don't get. Not only that but they won't have enough funding to substain new anime everyday, maybe not everyday, but most of the week. And I doubt for one second CN nor Adult Swim will let them take that Night block for themselves, Adult Swim has been airing for just as long if not longer than Toonami has been.

Adult Swim - Began September 2, 2001 - Current (July 28, 2012) 11 Years in September
Toonami - 1997 - 2008 - 2012, 11 Years aswell

Okay I got 30 minutes left so let's wrap this up.
Okay outside of it's time schedule, some of the shows I would actually like to see & kinda are predicting them to aire include:

Future Diary (also known as Mirai Nikki) (new)
Soul Eater (new)
Witchblade (new)
One Piece/Naruto Shippuden (really doesn't matter which) (new)
Higarashi/Umineko (new)
Heaven's Lost Property (Bring back the Harems) (new)
Tenchi Muyo (classic)
Dragon Ball, DBZ, DBGT, Kai (new/classic)
Yu Yu hakasho (classic)
Big O (classic)
Dailey Lives of Highschool boys (new)
Death Note (classic...kinda)
Darker than Black (new)
Gosick (new)
Gunslinger Girl (new)
Arcana Familia (new)
Madoka Magica (new)
Sword Art Online (new)
Blue Exocist (new)
Angel Beats (new)
Shin Chan (classic..kinda)
School Rumble (new)
Eden of the East (new)

Toonami being back is really messing up my anime watchings now cause I'm avoiding shows I think might aire & end up on Toonami months later. True story was gonna watch Deadman Wonderland next on my list, Toonami aired two weeks after, it's on the schedule, like whaaaaaaaaa.

Some movies I woul enjoy to see them show:

Summer Wars
Grave of the Firefiles
Spirited Away
The Girl who lept through Time

So that kinda concludes this Blog, umm surprisingly enough both have been on Saturdays so far, so i might make that a thing, new blog every saturday
Next Week: ummmmm?

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Update:

Just finished watching Toonami, it's like 3AM. >_> but I heard some news & had to update this blog, once again,, editing big posts sucks...anyways
So tonight "Ghost in The Shell" ends tonight as is scheuled to be replaced by "FLCL" next week some are unsure or sure whether it will only run for it's 6 episodes or do two runs (which is 12 episodes), not to mention that Deadman Wonderland & Cowboy Bebop are scheduled to end in 2 weeks time & Toonami is rumored to bring on new anime, some people speculate Outlaw Star since it's licensing is up for another network in a week, but there's another empty spot that may be taken by an anime already aired on Adult Swims old anime block like Durarara or Inuyasha or Big O which will fill the gap until new anime is available. So three "new" will be into effect three weeks from now.
also here's a link to T.O.M. 's epic speech from tonight, very motivational

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sot-yu9dIZE&feature=my_liked_videos&list=LLA9QGzPE6EeikphCCjyrlig

D

Deleted member

Well let me respond here:

First off, you'd basically answered your own question; why there are so many reruns. Because right now, Toonami has very little money. Jason DeMarco stressed this fact when stating why they couldn't get DBZ or Naruto: Shippuden on the air. It is also why Toonami needs to prove itself that it can sustain better ratings than the dark days of Adult Swim Action, so that it can not only survive, but also expand.

Most of your prediction will probably not come to Toonami. Adult Swim will never give Toonami enough funding to make that possible, even if Toonami was doing fantastic in ratings and ran every day of the week.

Complaining about logo on the bottom of the screen as small as your pinky is useless and doesn't accomplish anything. They did it with Cartoon Network, so why is this a problem?

Lastly, given how unlikely it is for Toonami to acquire funding for even half of these shows, I wouldn't stop yourself from watching them. If you like them, chances are that you'll see it if it comes to Toonami.

Take me for example. I really want to see Trigun on Toonami and think it has a real shot of getting in. However, I am still getting it on my iPad because I want it and if I like it, will watch it again if it comes to Toonami.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Your right most of my wants & predictions won't make it, some may, It's up to Toonami to create that funding from the support they are getting for the past 9/10 weeks, the little Adult Swim icon doesn't irritate me to the point that you may have assumed it have, but I want Toonami to be independent, I don't want Adult Swim to be their higher ups because most likely Adult Swim doesn't want them to even be on aire, not a quote, but a feeling I've had for awhile, I enjoy Adult Swim don't get me wrong, but this is Toonami's time let them build on their empire, don't be their overseer, maybe they need one who knows, but I doubt they do. The last point kinda puzzled me for a bit, but I understand what you mean, I just want that fresh content, that we'll see hopefully in the future not another rerun of something I've seen already, if you know what I mean.​

Top Bottom