• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VICTORYBLOG #1: SmashBros. 4

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Link to original post: [drupal=5297]VICTORYBLOG #1: SmashBros. 4[/drupal]

Edit: Seems as my blog is cut short so If you could please click the "Link to the Orignal Post" up top, It would be greatly appreciated. -Victory
Edit 2.0: Nevermind the whole blog is updated up to par

So this is my first blog on Smashboards, so today I'll be blogging about my personal mapped out ideas for the next game or futue games to com in the Smash Bro series depending on what actually happens in the fourth installement, decided not to post this in the Smash 4 Threads since it's kinda 50/50 when it comes down to Characters & Stages & other mechanics so I didn't want to risk it, being locked because it wasn't specifically about one character or stage ideas & what not, not to mention it's pretty lengthy. So without further ado, here's my Smash Bros. Layout.

SUPER SMASH BROS. IV

Vetrans (35):

Mario (Mario will have various suits he switches into in the character select screen such as: Fire/Ice/Dr. Mario, which enables his B button consist of Fire or Ice, or Pills. As well as Paper Mario will be included with flipping in & out of 3D & 2D apart of his moveset, Standard Mario will continue to sport FLUDD, his Up-B button will be called 1-Uppercut, which generally will be the same move as it

Luigi (Luigi as his brother will carry an attachment they received in their respective Gamecube games, which is his Trusty Vaccum which like Kirby absorbs foes, or pulls them in. Somebody change his final Smash pleassse. Doesn’t fit him at all.)

Peach

Bowser ( Bowser as Dededee was able to, will be able to summon his koopa’s, goomba’s..ect onto the stage for a short time)

DK (DK is now equipped with his Coconut shotgun from DK64)

Diddy Kong

Link (Link will be a Triple character, which means to conserve space, all three of his characters “Twilight Link”, “Young Link”, & “Toon Link” will share one character spot, to alternate a L/R button will be used before you exit the character screen. Twilight Link will be accompanied by Midna & will allow him to be able to switch in & out of Wolf Form like Zelda & Sheik does. Young Link will have 3 of 4 of his masks from LOZ: Majora’s Mask available for use: Goron, Zora, Deku, which he will be able to transform into like Zelda & Sheik as well, but alternating will be tricky since it is one character turning into three different. Toon Link is standard, no changes)

Zelda/ Shiek

Ganondorf

Pikachu ( Pikachu will be a double character, similar to Link’s triple character, with Pikachu & Pichu alternating, Pichu as he was in Melee will be weaker then Pikachu, but will be more nimbler then its evolved form.)

Pkmn Trainer (Pkmn Trainer will be a Quintuple Character, the largest multi-character in the game alternating between each generation of pokemon’s starters being consistent with the water type being the first stage, grass second, & fire third to be consistent)

Jigglypuff

Lucario

Samus/Zero Suit (Fusion suit and other suits will be available for her)

Pit (Will get any upgrades he got in Uprising including the Claws)

Fox

Falco (Final Smash will be an Arwing strike)

Marth

Ike

Game & Watch

Meta Knight

Kirby (Kirby will be able to swallow items & transform according to the type of item he
swallowed, example: Beam Sword = Sword Kirby (The one that looks like Kirby after swallowing Link, food does not count only weapons, Bomb-omb = Bomber Kirby will is what Kirby will look like after swallowing Bomberman…pause)

Wolf (Final Smash Star Wolf Air Strike)

Snake (Snake will be able as a color change to be Old Snake)

Yoshi

Ice Climbers

King Dededee

Ness

Lucas

Sonic (Sonic will be another Double character, He will be Classic Sonic & Modern Sonic from Sonic Generations, Classic Sonic will feature sonic in his original glory with Tails the fox, tailing behind him (pun intended) as he did in the old classic sonic game & as in those games & similar to the Ice Climbers if tails dies, it doesn’t count as a death, they do fight as a duo with Tails being able to pick Sonic up & float across the screen. Modern Sonic will be able to transform into the Werehog from that game….don’t think I need to mention it…He will transform like Zelda/Sheik does as well.)

Wario (Wario is Wario nuff said)

Toon Link (See Link)

R.O.B

Capt. Olimar (Capt. Olimar to save space will be able to switch into Louie or any other space captain from the series as a color change, all pikmin types will be available)

Capt. Falcon

Returnee’s (2/5):

Roy (Roy! Roy!! He’s Our Boy!!!)

Mewtwo (Mewtwo will definitely have to have a new moveset since Lucario is sticking around)

Young Link” (See Link)

Pichu” (See Pikachu)

Dr. Mario” (See Mario)

Necomers (13) :

Bowser Jr. / Shadow Mario (Will be able to transform into shadow Mario & back as
Zelda/Sheik does, Graffeti Staff will be apart of his moveset)

Waluigi

Megaman (Megaman will sort of be a triple character I guess switching between Classic Megaman (The innocent looking one), Megaman Legend’s Megaman (helmet off megaman), & Megaman X which everyone has been begging for. Similar style as Samus, but not moveset)

Pac-Man (Pac-Man will be the updated vers. we see in SF x Tekken, except w/o the giant robot, his final smash will be the stage & all characters fading to black & Pac-Man’s famous maze will begin to glow onto the screen from the darkness & Pac-Man will appear from aside of the Screen as a HUGE Classic Pac-Man & gobbles his opponents & anything that hits him will fly off screen resulting in a KO of anyone caught like the famous arcade game we all know & love)

Ryu (Ryu was decided since Capcom was supposedly lending a hand in the project & I chose him since some of his moves are similar to Mario’s, which would make a good teaser like the rivalry between Snake & Mario or Mario & Sonic, Like say for instances Mario is on a stage & throws a fireball, then out of nowhere Ryu throws a Hadouken, Mario 1-Up uppercuts, the Ryu Shoryuken’s into the sky, 1-Uping Mario (pun intended), Then Mario does his spin move & then Ryu Hurricane kicks, & for Mario’s finale he does his final smash (same one from Brawl) & Ryu does his Shinkuu or Metsu Hadoken.)

Dillion (Rolling Western)

Baby Mario Bros. (Works like Ice Climbers as a team)

Issac (Golden Sun)

Knuckle Joe

Shadow The Hedgehog

Viewtiful Joe

Banjo & Kazooie

Bomberman

Travis Touchdown

Total: 50

Honorable Mentions:
Spyro (didn’t make the list since Playstations All-Stars Battle Royale exists)
Knuckles the Enchida
King K Rool
Zero
Geno
Profs. Layton & Luke
Shulk
Sora (See Spyro)
Amaterasu
Jin
Little Mac
King Hippo
Donkey Kong Jr.
James McCloud (Fox’s Father)
Rayman
Waddle dee

8-BIT MODE:

Since most of Super Smash Bros. characters come from a long history way before graphics were of importance I think SSB should pay tribute to those historical characters by creating a mode where characters fight in a regular match or special match, but in there 8-Bit forms. Some characters don’t have 8-bit versions of themselves, but they can isolated: 8-bit Mario vs 8-bit Megaman vs. 8-Bit Link vs 8-Bit Ryu vs 8-Bit DK vs 8-Bit Sonic vs 8-bit Kirby vs 8-bit Pac-man…etc

3D MODE:

Another new feature would be 3D Mode which would turn regular 2D back & forth stages 3 dimesional, since Namco Bandai is developing the game I’d thought this would be a great new feature they could bring into the game since they have such a history with fighting games like Tekken & Soul Calibur who has those 3D stages. Of course it is only a mode so there won’t be 3D only stages or 2D only stages just 2D stages that are flipped into 3D (Paper Mario reference intended)

Online Tourney’s

Online tournaments will be available for both friends & random/anonymous play, you can join or host tournaments with your friends up to 20 Players, the same with random/anonymous play which will set you up with 19 players around the world that you will face for the crown, if a player drops out of the tourney randomly, nothing is affected the player who stays will advance to the next round, players can choose whether or not they want to continue watching the tourney progress once they have lost & can leave any moment they choose if the fight gets boring for them. The WiiU controller’s mic will be used to communicate in & out of battle with friends & friends only.

Final Notes:

I didn’t include Bosses or stages since I didn’t have my notes with me, I’m really going off of memory with this whole Game make-up thing. I made assumptions & speculations based off the information I’ve heard & have kept third party characters to a minimum of 8 of 50 so I kept it from being an one-fifth of the roster & with the exception of Banjo & Kazooie, only associated companies who have previously or currently worked with Mashiro Sakurai on the Smash Bros. which are Konami(previous), Sega(previous), Capcom(current), & Namco (current). I really enjoyed the story mode of Brawl (Subspace) so I definitely need a sequel in the next game. Color alternations will stay, but since there are some characters who are double or triple characters, a set of buttons will be used to alternate characters & another set of buttons to alternate color, which may seem like a lot, but it is all to conserve space on the character select screen. Wanted to add like Mii’s or a creator character feature so you could make your own character & add your own moveset based off the other characters moves, but that would become broken so fast.

Thank you for taking the time out to read my blog, not sure if this will be weekly like once or twice a week, most likely...maybe. Will be doing edits throughout here to update anything I left out or want to add.

Next week or like whenever: TOONAMI

Top Bottom