• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGXPO Saturday and Sunday SSBM Tournament Results

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Here are the results for the SSBM tournament at the VGXPO in Philadelphia, PA. We had a pretty good turnout with 41 entrants. I ran the event (and I'm also running the tournament tomorrow as well), and even with the flood of scrubs there were some great players. For the results I use everyones real name, with nicknames for everyone who provided them (normally for people who are around here on the forums).

1: William Luong
2: Michael "Velocity" Hunter
3: John Gunn
4: Dot Eater
5: Gary Gasko
5: Mark "ChiboSempai" Korsak
7: Bill Moran
7: Conor "Chocobo" Regan
9: Jason Burns
9: Cory Civitello
9: Michael Qua
9: Ed Coyle
13: Devan McDermott
13: Ed Shinn
13: Billy Cronmiller
13: John Cardinale
17: Michael Klinger
17: Tom Phifer
17: Jorge Morra
17: Jamie "Cless" Carpino
17: Jared Dunlap
17: Mike Curley
17: Lina Luong
17: Stewart Newson
25: Jeff Ladd
25: Cam Bowan
25: Frank Curley
25: Sean Bishop
25: Jamie Saiah
25: Steven Lewis
25: John Phifer
25: Robbie Walker
33: Jesse Collins
33: Jesse Grove
33: James Hopkins
33: AJ Forgie
33: Billy Reiter
33: Philmon Tesfanriam
33: Gerald Williams Jr
33: Emmanuel Williams
33: Steven Verdale

The tournament was just randomly seeded due to a time restraint and the sheer amount of unknown players and scrubs. Everybody below 17th place was pretty much terrible lol. Pair that up with players not showing up after they lost a match (they must have not realized it was double elimination), but it was still awesome.

View the bracket here

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Go Qua!

Who is William?
Will is a crazy good Jigglypuff that goes to Drexel. Let's put it this way, as long as he keeps going to tournaments, he'll be in he PA power rankings next update. He's ridiculous lol.

And since I forgot to before, how about some shoutouts:

@Will: You're too good. And to think I beat you once back in like March or something. I actually don't think I've played you since then, but I'm sure I'd get 4 stocked. I'll see ya 'round Drexel.
@Velocity: Never seen you play before and your so freicken awesome. Hilarious impressions! I somehow beat your Doc in a friendly, but yea, that dosn't make up for the four stocking in the tourney.
@Dot Eater: Don't think I talked to you once or even heard you talk lol, but your Samus is awesome.
@Chocobo: Yea-ha, weird turn of events. Doesn't normally happen, but I can't deny I'm happy about it lol.
@Ed Coyle: Man get into the tournament scene more! Your Doc is ridiculously awesome. We gotta smash soon at my place.
@Cless: Missing your last match from going to the mall? Unexcusable lol.

The results from todays tournament at VGXPO will be posted soon in the tournament results. It had about half the entrants, but way more pros.

MasterRaichu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EddieJ86
3DS FC
2337-4950-9512
Saturday's tournament was awesome, the turnout was excellent. Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Chibo, I'm definitely getting into some more tournaments now, so we should definitely get some practice sessions in. I'll have my people call your people :-P

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
1st place: DireVulcan
2nd place: Lord Knight
3rd place: Will Luong
4th place: Scar
5: Velocity
5: Ian Musa
7: Chocobo
7: Michael Klinger
9: Will Greenawalt
9: Matthew Wulf
9: Sam Romig
9: ChiboSempai
13: Andrew Bailey
13: Matt Faherty
13: Abiel Jasfamrion
13: Myles Myrie
17: Issac Anderson
17: Andrew Morgan
17: Ed Coyle
17: Alphonso Cornelius
17: Reece

Brackets located on Tia here: http://tia.nealpro.com/event.aspx?id=666

Wtf Dire come from!? ****!!

That Will guy looks amazing. His name is a pretty interesting smash name too. Force him to go to more PA touneys then maybe one in NJ.

GOTM

Smash Champion
good **** will. ill have to go the gameroom more and play with you. someone else to get ***** by besides cactuar ;)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea Dire did ridiculous on Sunday, and of course I got matched up with him for my first match lol. It was awesome though. I got the Sunday results on Tia as you see, but just forgot to put them up here. Will should be going to a lot more tournaments now. I also have a couple vids recorded (two matches of Will vs Velocity, and one of Dire vs LK) which I will get up soon.

too bad MasterRaichu (Ed Coyle) had to forfeit his matches on Sunday. he would have gotten a lot better than last lol.

i wish I did better than 9th. I was so close to getting 4th on Saturday.

That Will guy looks amazing. His name is a pretty interesting smash name too.
That's his real name, not like a smash name or something lol. I don't know if he has a smash name yet...

TomGoblaski

Smash Cadet
YO, DIRE is a beast.

Thanks for the Friendlies Velocity, Scar and LK (murdered me).

This is Ian Musa by the way.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Whatever Will's never taking the #2 Drexel spot from me. I vow never to lose to him in a set ever again.

Scar

#HarveyDent
That's actually a big part of why I lost, he just really got to me mentally lol. At one point I actually sat back and said "Is this son of a ***** really just going to ****ing camp me for 12 stocks..."

I was really angry.

GOTM

Smash Champion
thats making me angry just reading it, haha.

jiggs is like a hitman, real quick they kick your ***, and then sneak away

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol why is everyone so against campy characters. if theyr playin campy, then just wait it out. you dont always have to rush them. get in their head and make em come to you.

GOTM

Smash Champion
they wont come to you...lol thats the point.

plus, if you take an offensive character and try and play campy, sometimes it ruins there style. hence why campy characters are annoying.

never said they were unbeatable, because usually they are campy for a reason. very lightweight (jiggs), to take advantage of a situation, etc. but they are very very very annoying, lol

Beat

Smash Ace
Personally, I like to switch gears when it's necessary. With Fox, I like to be aggressive, but against certain playing styles, like Scar's "I'm gonna combo you with my balls because I'm THAT sick" style, I'm better off being rather campy and going for grabs. The more comfortable I am, the less campy.

GOTM

Smash Champion
i just play a really fast style pretty much no matter which character i play, lol.

which is why i play fox, falco, falcon, marth etc...

and not dorf, samus, jiggs...you get the point

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yo dire should come to clash of the titans

i forget where hes from... ny?
thats a little far though, but he did make it to vgxpo. and youl be there also right inui? incase u dont see him at VLS thats a good chance

Top Bottom