• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Found ya on tumblr and followed, haha, very cute drawing! Looks a lil stevie universe inspired! I wouldnt worry tooo much about Villager, not enough representation to worry Nintendo much? Probably our reflector glitch will go, but no biggie?
Oh thank you!! you can get to my actual art blog pretty easily from my main blog, as for that drawing, i was just trying to go for villager's art style mixed with mine, which is, not suprisingly, Steven U inspired haha.

ANYWAY the patch is LIVE! It--as im typing its just finished! Let's hope we're safe yet again!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I've updated too! Exploring Villager now! SURE WISH MY MEWTWO CODES WOULD GET HERE THOUGH...

don't worry yall i already got this **** on lock

so far nothing has changed in terms of damage, but it SEEMS like standing grabs cooldown has decreased, and it SEEMS like counter sapling's lifespan has decreased from ~15S to ~12S

Edit: Nope, duration is still between 15-16S. Extreme balloons seem unchaged (1F hitboxes, balloons go through terrain, balloons detonate when you generate another pair) too. I'm gonna be that guy and say I told you so

Edit 2: Pocket is still a x1.9 multiplier.

Last edited:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
So we have made it past judgement day?
*hugs and high-fives all-around*

Will check tm cuz i have to sleep... T.T
a decreased cooldown on grab sounds great.
plz keep letting us know if you find anything

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Grabs feel the same but I cant test exact frames. What I have tested and confirmed is that Villager can't pocket Pac-Man's trampoline anymore! I guess they saw the weird teleporting glitch.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Grabs feel the same but I cant test exact frames. What I have tested and confirmed is that Villager can't pocket Pac-Man's trampoline anymore! I guess they saw the weird teleporting glitch.
Are you sure? Standing grab feels hella fast now and a lot of the villager skype group is saying its faster as well.
Someone needs to frame test.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Grab still grabs on F15. Not sure about endlag though.
I care more about end lag since the grab itself doesn't look faster in its startup.
I could be wrong but idek

Sonsa

Smash Champion
The endlag does seem a lil faster... before Villager took a moment to keep the net down and then almost sadly put it away. Now when he misses it seems more like "Oh well" and back to business, I may be wrong, but yeah there does seem to be less endlag.
How bout that Pac-Man stuff though! Im proud cause I found that all on my own heh~

Edit: Wait I'm thinking of Villager's dash grab... Ahh, I tested his standing grab and it really didnt seem different to me, Ive played 1300 matches with the guy, and like 63 hours of playtime, but I really don't know, sorry.

Last edited:

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Idk guys to me the endlag on grab still seems incredibly slow...unless I never realized how slow it was to begin with.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I am completely happy Villager got all those indirect buffs

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Diddy and Shiek got nerfed, Sheik's bair can't kill for anything which means we're gonna have an easier time overall in both MUs.

I've seen someone say Diddy Uthrow Uair is the new Hoo Hah but since the uair can't kill till like 140 we're good.

No nerfs, no buffs, we're just as silly as always and it's gonna stay that way.

If you want a general reaction to 1.0.6 from us villagers take a quick gander at my icon

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Villager can pocket disable
Seriously? That's amazing. Yeah, Villager seems pretty much as great as ever. I wonder if more people are going to pick him and Luigi up now... Ahh, Sheik and Sonic are still great, Diddy too but I can see how people will have a belief that he isn't what he used to be and therefore trash now.

Linkdude74

Smash Cadet
Seriously. For some reason it counts as a projectile, so it can be reflected and pocketed.

You can also Pocket the Shadow Balls from FThrow but since they link more reliably than they did in Melee that's not much use in singles.

Also idk why Disable is even a projectile to begin with... in Melee poweshielding Disable back was just salt in the wound. It doesn't seem to be any better this time around, except for the fact that powershielding no longer reflects. WHY didn't sakurai at least buff it to like 3% damage...

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You can also Pocket the Shadow Balls from FThrow but since they link more reliably than they did in Melee that's not much use in singles.
I guess they fly upwards too? Neat as Villager doesnt have a lot of diagonal options, might help link to tree.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
don't forget A+B=Smash as an indirect buff and wow Mewtwo + Villager sounds amazing in doubles

Kipcom

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kipcom
3DS FC
4725-7977-1418
So nothing major got changed.

Long live Villager :4villager:

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
if you tilt and do a and b, the attack and special buttons, you will do a smash attack instead of a tilt

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Confirmed, if you press A and B together you do a smash, tilt the control stick to do a U/D Smash

This...is silly and useless to us, but it's there.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Confirmed, if you press A and B together you do a smash, tilt the control stick to do a U/D Smash

This...is silly and useless to us, but it's there.
I'm sorry i thought you liked not having to worry about running off the edge when you f-smash

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion

Nintendoge_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bwooper
3DS FC
1306-6166-5014
Is the tree life length shorter? I read somewhere it was and now I feel like it is. I'm probably just freaking about nothing, though.

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Is the tree life length shorter? I read somewhere it was and now I feel like it is. I'm probably just freaking about nothing, though.
I'm wondering about this too. Reddit says that the tree (normal) life has been reduced yet I don't see it confirmed anywhere here.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I dunno about you guys but I haven't been able to do the one-chop trick. I don't think it's gone though...but I guess I can't be sure :o If it ever does get patched out - how will we know for sure, it's so inconsistent haha

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Thought I'd introduce myself here, being a Villager main! How's everyone doing? General thoughts on Mewtwo / Patch? Love to hear them! :3

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Villager can pocket disable
I'm going to assume that the same characteristics apply to the pocketed version?
In that you have to be looking at the opponent in the front for it to work? Btw do you think that because it's pocketed the stun duration could be longer?
Just a though

Top Bottom