• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGD: Dr. Shrunk Says be Happy!!

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
How goes it, Villager boards?

Wondering if I could get some of your finest to play some sets with. Only stipulation is that I have a 3DS only, so it'd have to be there.
I'd love to do some matches!

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Earlier would be best for me, just because I have a birthday thing to go to right at 7. But if earlier isn't possible, we can do it Saturday. Or today. But I'm guessing you didn't mentioned today for a reason. =P

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Anybody know where to find a good villager t-shirt? :3

ThatAintFalcon

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3957-9894
Ooooh, I can't just NOT main him, though! His playstyle looks so unique! What archetype do you think would describe it the best? Zoning?
Sort of a zoning character, but really good options up close. Definitely defensive compared to, say, captain falcon. I would consider him a "trapping" character if that makes any sense. You can pressure people into really dangerous situations, and they won't have a clue that they're facing almost certain death. He's a monster offstage with all of his high-priority aerials and amazing recovery, not to mention his ability to drop bowling balls off the ledge and kill at insanely low percents. You can confuse or distract opponents, causing them to make deadly mistakes (like rolling into the tree). He's really not like anyone else, but I'd say he's closest to megaman or pac-man.

Oh yeah, I never really taunt either. If "with friends" if I have a good joke that I hope'll make em laugh I might. Like "Turn up!" or "Strike!"
Otherwise, on For Glory, I'll only taunt if they taunted first. Then I'll be ruthless, give em a taste of their medicine. Maybe even go Duck Hunt and shoot the can towards em while taunting. I can be kinda mean if you ask for it.
It makes me mad when people hit me during my taunts...what they don't know is that the last thing they want is an angry villager

Last edited by a moderator:

CodyOdyO

Smash Cadet
I'm curious as to the name change of this thread; I never knew Villager wasn't relevant.

Ps placed fifth at Roll Tier V yesterday.

1st- M2K
2nd- Shaky
3rd- MJG
4th- JJRockets
5th- Skillager

So two Villagers in top five. Midwest Villager game is strong.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I'm curious as to the name change of this thread; I never knew Villager wasn't relevant.

1st- M2K
2nd- Shaky
3rd- MJG
4th- JJRockets
5th- Skillager

Any videos?

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
It's good to see other Villagers stepping up to the plate and putting us on the board as far as tourney placings go, though honestly I hope Villager remains overlooked for a little while longer just so we can blindside people more.

Anyway, what color Villagers do you guys play? I stick with the default #1 Villager since he was the first revealed and I fell for him INSTANTLY, but the sleepy eyes green dress Villager comes in 2nd, I use her when I play with customs.

EDIT: Also, I know this isn't the videos thread, but I thought you guys wouldn't mind seeing this cute string of follow ups I pulled
makaiwars.tumblr.com/post/114882590239/follow-up-game-on-point

Last edited:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
It's good to see other Villagers stepping up to the plate and putting us on the board as far as tourney placings go, though honestly I hope Villager remains overlooked for a little while longer just so we can blindside people more.

Anyway, what color Villagers do you guys play? I stick with the default #1 Villager since he was the first revealed and I fell for him INSTANTLY, but the sleepy eyes green dress Villager comes in 2nd, I use her when I play with customs.

EDIT: Also, I know this isn't the videos thread, but I thought you guys wouldn't mind seeing this cute string of follow ups I pulled
I use purple #4 Villager :D It's just too good

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051

Rugby Shirt or riot.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I use purple shirt too, but my favorite girl villager would be turnip top, so I use her sometimes.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
I'm a sucker for the chillager color (blue tie die shirt) , and the pink dress.

I like the idea of a barely staying awake hippy kicking butt with the weirdest moveset.

Also when i get the flexing muscle victory screen with the pink dress villager it's just the best thing ever.

1st- M2K
2nd- Shaky
3rd- MJG
4th- JJRockets
5th- Skillager

Relevant as in nobody really cared about Villager but now everyone is ****ting their pants over Extreme Balloons and Counter Sapling

Anyway meet your new mayor yall

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Alright guys so in light of Sakurai gracing us with the ability to vote for a character to be put in Smash, what characters are you guys thinking of voting for?

I'm thinking of:

Inkling(Splatoon)
Hector(Fire Emblem)
Roy(Fire Emblem)
Protoman(Megaman)
Phoenix Wright(Ace Attorney)

Gosh, where do I begin...

Ashley (WarioWare)
Hatsune Miku (Project Diva, Project Mirai)
Solange Blanchefleur DeLux (Code of Princess)
Stocke (Radiant Historia)
Nabbit (Mario)

There are more I'd like but those are probably my top five.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Issac I grew up on golden sun and I think Isaac can add a lot to the game based on his venus psyenergy

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Alright guys so in light of Sakurai gracing us with the ability to vote for a character to be put in Smash, what characters are you guys thinking of voting for?

I'm thinking of:

Inkling(Splatoon)
Hector(Fire Emblem)
Roy(Fire Emblem)
Protoman(Megaman)
Phoenix Wright(Ace Attorney)
I've already voted Phoenix Wright. I'd like to vote for the Inkling and Tetra from Windwaker, but... they asked nicely to keep it one per person so I think I'm ganna honor that. Besides! Mewtwo! I'm pretty much set haha~

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
I will personally hunt sakurai down and give him a giant hug if he puts fawful in the game.

Other picks:
Shovel Knight
Issac
Bald Bull
Nabbit
Inkling

I hate to burst your bubble soni but they are making a protoman skin for mii gunner so they probably won't make him a full character =/

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
All I wanna vote for is "NOT RIDLEY".

But seriously, Bayonetta, Wonder Red, Inkling and Isaac, in that order.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Something else they mentioned in Nintendo direct was "character tweaks" in the new update.

So stay tuned for the balance patch we were told we were never getting! Hopefully they make the counter timber sapling a touch less stupid.

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
I will personally hunt sakurai down and give him a giant hug if he puts fawful in the game.

Other picks:
Shovel Knight
Issac
Bald Bull
Nabbit
Inkling

I hate to burst your bubble soni but they are making a protoman skin for mii gunner so they probably won't make him a full character =/
Well they have a Link skin for the swordfighter. I don't think a mii skin rules out the character's possibility. But gosh, so many possible characters! Will they only choose one to make? They didn't really specify that part.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Well they do have a link skin but link was already a character in the game...maybe they will try and make runners up into mii skins? It would be a nice way to get our characters in the game in some playable form.

I wish they would have specified weather or not they have to be Nintendo characters. At this point in the game i doubt that they want to license more characters from other companies, but who knows! They don't tell us squat.

I have to say though i like about 85% of the characters i have heard of so far. I don't think they can go wrong at this point.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I just went through a few new threads and I'm all like "Gais...Y'now we have a social...right?"

Wait, which new threads? Cause if you're talking about the skype thread that's been around for a while son.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
yeah new wasn't the best word (it's late here) though I forgot about Skype (even though this thread was called better than Skype in its name a while ago)

I just came across a few easy questions that would've been loved to be answered here.

Still not as bad as the "OMG Villy loses to rushdown" threads mostly cuz we have a matchup thread

I think now I'm beginning to ramble but I'm not the only one here who thinks that "Anti-Zone/Lockdown" Villy > Campy Villy? Maybe it's just my playstyle. Like when she camps she never kills and with that low mobility she just struggles to land kill moves so even though you can rack a gajillion damage you will kill at a gajillion damage.

Well its really late here imma stop Smashboards for the day before I say something really dumb (If I haven't said so already)

Nah campy Villager is ass. Villager already has a hard time KOing and that just makes it even harder. How are they gonna approach you so you can MAYBE get a grab in? How are YOU going to approach them? If you're camping they're probably playing defensively too so good luck getting a Tree KO in. Zone-Antizone is tops.

Last edited:

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Did you guys not know you're only supposed to vote one time? Voting for multiple characters totally ruins the point of the ballot lmao

Anyway I cast my one vote for the ice climbers since I miss them so much, and they'd probably be much less broken in this game due to the changes to grabbing.
Inb4 system limitations, they cut them because they couldn't figure out how to get them on the 3DS and eventually stopped because they had to use the time on other stuff, but when they're DLC, time constraints aren't an issue.

Also I hope they do something about the people who voted like 6 times since that totally invalidates the votes of the people who listened and only did it one time

SoniCraft

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sonicraft98
3DS FC
5327-0944-3801
Yeah I have no idea why they expected people to be honest and only vote once. Don't they know what humans are like?

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping that whoever it is. It will revive a once beloved series or character. Once a character gets into smash bros, they gain popularity, and increase the chance of appearing in their own game. (ex: FE characters, Shulk (even tho he isnt in the new xenoblade :(, etc.)

Geno
Isaac
Inklings (they are new and don't need the publicity, but i wouldn't mind since itd be interesting)

But what if my (sister/bro/gf/bf/mom/dog) votes from the same computer or IP as I do?
Im in the same situation with my bro. Use a cell with its own internet. Or rly any other computer should be fine

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Hey, yall know about this? When edgeguarding as Villager, bowling balls and turnips spikes or nair/slingshot gimping (we have a lot of options) are the way to go, but we have another super awesome option.

Ya all know you can slow gyroid down when riding him by holding back, right? Good.

Well when you get most characters off-stage, use that and aim for the ledge. Now your just covering the ledge with a super strong hitbox. All they can really do now is...go around you? Only a few can do that! Lucario, ROB, another Villager. Lots and lots of characters have to go for the ledge, so...this is a super strong option, try it sometime!

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey, yall know about this? When edgeguarding as Villager, bowling balls and turnips spikes or nair/slingshot gimping (we have a lot of options) are the way to go, but we have another super awesome option.

Ya all know you can slow gyroid down when riding him by holding back, right? Good.

Well when you get most characters off-stage, use that and aim for the ledge. Now your just covering the ledge with a super strong hitbox. All they can really do now is...go around you? Only a few can do that! Lucario, ROB, another Villager. Lots and lots of characters have to go for the ledge, so...this is a super strong option, try it sometime!

That sounds...uber risky and probably not worth it. I like it!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
That sounds...uber risky and probably not worth it. I like it!
Waddaya talkin bout? Youre safe and sound, even if it doesnt hit anything it still explodes with a pop letting ya grab the ledge. And its not like many characters can hit you while you sit right on top that strong hitbox. And getting the kill by shutting down all of quite a few characters options is quite worth it! Glad ya like it though!

Last edited:

flying_tortoise

Smash Journeyman

I actually use riding the lloid for quite a few situations. It kills and covers options.
For edgeguarding and off the stage I would actually try timing it so that I end up at the ledge at the exact moment they are about to hit the ledge, but hanging onto the wall seems so much easier lol. So you have to have the lloid touching the ledge and above the ledge at slow speeds?

Top Bottom