• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBootCamp Presents: Project M Showdown 3.02

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
This Saturday, Xanadu and VGBootCamp are hosting Project M Showdown 3.02. This is purely a Project M tournament, and the first regional hosted at Xanadu since early 2013. Project M Showdown 3.02 is the first large tournament of the year devoted soley to Project M, and as such is pulling in some considerable talent.

Showdown's TO, VGBC | Tantalus, is excited at the prospect of a Project M-exclusive tournament:

"It's a one game regional, and the first large event of 2014 devoted to Project M play. Not a lot of people take the gamble anymore to do one day events with one game because financially it's not safe, but I think sometimes the risk can be worth the potential reward. It also gives the TO the ability to focus on one community subset, rather than wear himself too thin to be effective."

Hype!
There are several high-level players confirmed for Project M Showdown 3.02. These players include Crs.Chillin, ChuDat, Junebug, Pink Fresh, Smash G0D, Gallo, Zhime, Gurukid, JCaesar, VGBC | Redd, Squeak, Nintendude, CT Zero, CT Vex, Vanguard, CT Xzax, Seagull Joe, LLOD, Bloodcross, 2Fast, Yars Revengerson, and dark horse Bstuk, who recently gave Smash veterans Liquid'KDJ and Darc a run for their money at Smashing Grounds in MA. Commentary will also be on point, with "The Voice of Project M" TKBreezy, The Phenomenal EE, Vanguard and tournament organizer VGBC | Tantalus all lending their vocal talents to the event.

For fans interested in high-level Project M play, this tournament will be one to keep an eye on. VGBootCamp will begin streaming this Saturday at 12:00 PM EST - don't miss it!

Click here to access VGBootCamp's stream!

The Derrit has his popcorn ready for this one, just like that Micheal Jackson gif. Chat with him during the tournament on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Go Link *clap, clap, clap*
Go Fox!
Faaalllcooo...!
Diddy Kong!

Basically sums up what the tournament characters may be like in the end.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Go Link *clap, clap, clap*
Go Fox!
Faaalllcooo...!
Diddy Kong!

Basically sums up what the tournament characters may be like in the end.
With Pink Fresh in, we'll see Lucas, and Chillindude runs a pretty mean Wolf.
Chudat favors Kirby, 2Fast Sonic, and JCaesar likes R.O.B. last I checked. And I THINK Vanguard uses Pit...
TL; DR: No.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
Woo! PM hype, as melee goes mainstream, P:M replaces it as the new underground smash favorite!

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
Chudat favors Kirby, 2Fast Sonic, and JCaesar likes R.O.B. last I checked. And I THINK Vanguard uses Pit...
Vanguard plays Lucario to my knowledge. The Pit player to look out for will be ZeRo.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
There will be some awesome sets and a lot of hype. Most excited for Zero vs Chllindude. Also I hope New England does great.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
So, we are expecting a diversity of characters, both regarded and inferred as high tier and low tier characters, eh? Now this is the hype I am wanting to see; hype for a variety.

So now I'm expecting Fox, Falco, Link, Diddy, Wolf, Kirby, Sonic, R.O.B., Pit and Lucario. Hopefully someone can confirm any players using other characters, because I want to see a huge diversity of the cast, not only just this tidbit.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I will forever hold a grudge against my relatives for getting married on this saturday

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
It's nice this is getting frontpaged and all, but shouldn't Republic of Fighters 3 also get front paged, it being a huge tournament tomorrow in Europe featuring Armada, Leffen, Amsah, Zgetto, and more? Not to mention it's an MLG Qualifier and the only one in Europe?

Also, @ ELI-mination ELI-mination are you not coming to this?

Last edited:

Nguz95

Smash Lord
It's nice this is getting frontpaged and all, but shouldn't Republic of Fighters 3 also get front paged, it being a huge tournament tomorrow in Europe featuring Armada, Leffen, Amsah, Zgetto, and more? Not to mention it's an MLG Qualifier and the only one in Europe?

Also, @ ELI-mination ELI-mination are you not coming to this?
It's the Gimr effect.

Obskore

Smash Ace
So, we are expecting a diversity of characters, both regarded and inferred as high tier and low tier characters, eh? Now this is the hype I am wanting to see; hype for a variety.

So now I'm expecting Fox, Falco, Link, Diddy, Wolf, Kirby, Sonic, R.O.B., Pit and Lucario. Hopefully someone can confirm any players using other characters, because I want to see a huge diversity of the cast, not only just this tidbit.
Esam with his nasty Samus, hope he shows up in there

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
Well with everyone in town for SKTAR, its a pretty safe chance to take (one day pm tourney) looking forward to SCG FS ZHIME!

Last edited:

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
I can't wait! I love watching Smash G0D's Mewtwo and Lucario.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917

The fact is, P:M is so well-balanced, that any tier differences between some characters is practically nil. An S-tier character really isn't that much more [I don't say better, so much as...complete, if that makes sense] than a B or C-tier character.
Pit may not have as many kill moves or the in-your-face pressure as Wolf or Fox, or the defensive game of Ivy, but he's still a threat.
Really, the only character I think that needs any buffs would be Sonic (or maybe just a revision of some of his nerfs,) or maybe Ness/Charizard. But this isn't the thread for that.

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
The fact is, P:M is so well-balanced, that any tier differences between some characters is practically nil. An S-tier character really isn't that much more [I don't say better, so much as...complete, if that makes sense] than a B or C-tier character.
Pit may not have as many kill moves or the in-your-face pressure as Wolf or Fox, or the defensive game of Ivy, but he's still a threat.
Really, the only character I think that needs any buffs would be Sonic (or maybe just a revision of some of his nerfs,) or maybe Ness/Charizard. But this isn't the thread for that.
SHHHHH!! Sonic is fine, he was nerfed for a reason. Don't talk like that or you will make my life worse ;)

Top Bottom