• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VGBC Picks Up Chu Dat, Hyuga and Pink Fresh!

VideoGameBootCamp (VGBC), the Smash community's leading stream team, announced that Daniel "Chu Dat" Rodriguez, Cristian "Hyuga" Medina and Marcus "Pink Fresh" Wilson will be joining their pro team.

With EVO 2016 coming up, players getting sponsored is inevitable. After Austin "Redd" Self's decision to leave VGBC, it had seemed that Masaya "Amsa" Chikamoto was the sole member left. With the addition of the three above, the team is heading into the event with a solid roster.

If you aren't familiar with them, let's do a quick rundown of who they are:
Chu Dat (:icsmelee:, :4sheik:) is one of MD/VA's old guard and a member of the legendary H2YL crew. Since the inception of Smash as a competitive game, he's been out there competing. Even up to now, he has the capacity to make top 8 at a major like with last year's EVO. Expect him to make waves in both Melee and Smash 4.
Another titan from MD/VA is Pink Fresh (:4bayonetta:,:4lucas:). Formerly known as one of the best Project M and Brawl Lucases, he's also been placing high in Smash 4 with Bayonetta, a 7th place finish at Pound 2016 being the highlight. Nerfs to Bayonetta have hindered his results a bit, but he still has the potential to make it big.
VGBC's second international player, Hyuga (:4tlink:) should be no stranger to the avid Smash 4 fan. Boasting multiple top 8 finishes at majors this year alone AND wins over the likes of Team Liquid's Nairoby "Nairo" Quezada, the Mexican star is a sure contender for a medal this year.

If you want to see the newly sponsored players in action, you can see them live at EVO 2016 starting tomorrow, July 15, on the official Twitch channels. For more updates on the event and competitive Smash in general, stay tuned on Smashboards.

Last edited:

Comments

PINK FRESH! What??? I guess it's because of his recent Bayo gameplay. Unbelievable, even though she was slammed by a patch Bayonetta still finds a way to be the umbra ***** that she i-- I mean was.

with more...current news, I'm wondering if it effects a certain newly sponsored player's future.

Not the right place to talk about it though so I'll drop it, but still.

Video's private now. Probably since Hyuga was removed for the team due to reasons that probably ahouldn't be discussed here

Last edited:
Top Bottom