• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Very Angry With ONLINE PLAY!

hasher22

Smash Rookie
Hey guys....

just wondering if anyone has the same problem....

Im connected via. WiFi to play brawl online. Though i CANNOT get through one game online (2minute brawl) without disconnecting or having some sort of LAG...

Its really really peeing me off.......

I play other games via wifi on wii such as mario cart and i NEVER have lag or disconnections!

So i dont think my wifi modem is the problem.

I think the problem is, im from australia and im connecting to like other countries around the world..

There are times where there isnt lag throughout online brawl but i get disconnected!

Anyone has the same problem??

THANKS!

P.s i think its bad that it doesnt have the option to narrow down what country/countires you want to play in. eg. "Play in Australia" or "Play in America"

Timbers

check me out
Wifi sucks. There's no nicer way to put it. It's not your modem, or where you live. It's just bad in general.

hasher22

Smash Rookie
dude chillax and yes i did get that a few times
You will be annoyed too if you have my problem, the thing is i cannot get through one 2 minutes online brawl without loosing connection. Its really really bad and i really like this game....

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
then dont play online....get friends to come over or to play off friend rooster...or get a wired connection...there are lots of posts about this...look it up...

and yes i did say rooster...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If you just got it and you're in one of the PAL regions, then that's to be expected with Brawl's wifi being at the same levels of the internet in 1922. Basically-the more players on the more lag. And when it's released somewhere, it's a load of lag. That's why it's been pretty much impossible for me to get on recently. I bet any more then 200,000 players and the servers are toast. Seriously!!!

AlexX

Smash Ace
Wifi sucks. There's no nicer way to put it. It's not your modem, or where you live. It's just bad in general.
Then why can I play someone from 2 timezones away and experience little to no lag whatsover?

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Then why can I play someone from 2 timezones away and experience little to no lag whatsover?
Pics or it didn't happen. Just kidding.

I'd be willing to believe you, but it would be nice to have some kind of proof or at least some more information. Do you both live on the nearby borders of your timezones (ie, just over one time zone apart)? Do you both use the same ISP? That's basically the only way I can imagine avoiding lag that far apart.

Honestly, small physical distance isn't nearly as important as being on the same ISP. With small latencies that we're talking about, it matters more how many routers you have to pass through than how many miles of copper wire you have to go.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
because you have the same type of router and update as whoever youre playing in otherwords your lucky.

Luxferre

Smash Apprentice
Yeah and i live in germany and often play against someone from canada, without problem.
But I also have problems with wifi. Lag is sometimes, and disconnections where only before the match began

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
because you have the same type of router and update as whoever youre playing in otherwords your lucky.

BTW i found out something

the lag dosent effect the gameplay it effects the frame rate. its the games reaction to the lag...

which means that they will probally sell some kind of updated version of brawl that you will have to buy to fix the problem.

which means its not wifi ITS THE GAMES REACTION TO THE LAG.

and in the other games its not that your not lagging (cause you are) but how the game reacts to it is not a frame rate drop.

now nintendo probbally thought that having the frame rate drop would be better then the basic delay of Code.

But I would rather have a glitch happen like randomly shooting a projectile and it and it fails to appear 50% of the time then to deal with this Framerate drop.

Does anyone here agree with me?

Top Bottom