• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vertical spacing with platforms

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This is an underused tactic for G&W, and the jist of it is that G&W's D-tilt and D-smash (not to mention D-air) hit a little bit below platforms, which can't be ignored in terms of increasing your stage control options.

It works best on really tall characters of course, like Bowser, DK, DDD, Snake, Ganon, ROB, but this tactic can also be good against anyone who tries to jump at you from an angle. Against those really really tall characters however, on Battlefield, using D-tilt from a platform is a really broken edgeguard tactic. Everything that isn't a ledgeroll simply gets shut down by this, and especially if the opponent is at high percents, ledgerolling is begging to get hit by a kill move.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
u dont wanna be above from that close against any of those characters u listed lmao

good point tho :p

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'm just going to add.

This is one more use for B-air canceling (or you could airdodge I guess). The hardest part of vertical spacing with D-tilt is buffering it frame perfectly. A B-air cancel -> C stick down will buffer a D-tilt frame perfectly if I'm correct.

Splice

Smash Hero
I enjoyed this thread.

I do the drop through --> Dair thing on the platforms on battlefield, you know and you fall through the platform but Dair makes you land back on it? Yeah i normally do that in certain situations.

Recent tourney I went to I did it to a DK, and he expected it :O! And he crouched and it didn't hit him and I was Utilted :(

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Again the hardest part is learning to buffer this out of jumps so that you can optimally space it frame perfectly.

You have to also know to use platform dropped aerials to increase the strength of your wall, but for edgeguards, it's a piece of cake to stop the tall characters from getting up from the ledge. D-tilt until they ledgeroll, which will be punishable by a KO move when they are past 100%. Ledgedrop -> free Smash.

Top Bottom