• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Version 1.0.6 Changes

NNID
Shado_Chimera
3DS FC
2019-9854-8378
DI doesn't reduce the total distance traveled, it just lets you change the angle you're sent at. That's why, when trying to survive a hit, you normally want to DI at a 90 degree angle to your knockback trajectory.
No. In this game holding left or right will change how far you are sent. Down used to before the Wii U patch, but doesn't anymore so traditional DI is better for vertical survival. Horizontal is still hold left or right.

TheDerek

Smash Rookie
I could be wrong here, but I haven't been able to ledge spike anyone with tilt up A. Opponents can just hold the ledge all day now.

Could just be certain characters - I'll have to do some tests tonight.

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
I could be wrong here, but I haven't been able to ledge spike anyone with tilt up A. Opponents can just hold the ledge all day now.

Could just be certain characters - I'll have to do some tests tonight.
I've spiked people with utilt since the patch. You can't spike at the beginning, only at the end.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Can you tell if the special effect is different? I know it's two separate versions but it feels like they made the "glare" on the knee more pronounced or something. It looks bigger.
Sorry for the delay but I tested it today and the visual effect is definitely bigger on 1.0.6. I'm not sure about the hitbox though.

dandeto

Smash Apprentice
What caused you to slide of the edge was bringing momentum AND pummeling. i do this pummel drop on almost every opponent. with a full speed dash grab, after the 2nd pummel you would fall off. If you waited for a moment before starting the pummels you would never fall off. I have not been able to make myself fall off anymore since the patch with any of the opponents I have played.
I have had thee same experience... That used to make me kill so many opponents :4falcon:

I have had one case (since patch) where my opponent got the effect, and I was safe on the ledge. I don't know if it had to do with timing, or it was just resembling the effect, but I knew it wasn't the norm.

stripheR

Smash Cadet
im still up tilt spiking people exactly the same as before, and the dash grab is still as broken as it was, just felt better day one.

TheDerek

Smash Rookie
I've spiked people with utilt since the patch. You can't spike at the beginning, only at the end.
Yeah, it's been like that since day 1. I was referring to when people are holding onto the ledge (not during invincibility frames)

I was probably just having an off day - still haven't had a chance to play again.

Top Bottom