• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vers. 1.0.8 Changes

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Well, if you guys were around for the 1.0.6 thread, you know the drill. Discuss any changes you guys have noticed, any buffs and nerfs we got, and how we can apply these new changes to our meta. Let the discussion begin!

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I've seen people saying the hitbox on upB has been increased. Not damage or knockback, just the hitbox. Seems bigger to me, but could be placebo.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
One thing I've noticed is that I can now more easily dash dance. I never really tried to do it before, but when I did, I failed miserable. The only way I could do it was to use my right hand on the control stick and move it really fast. After the patch, I can very simply do it like a normal person. Why would this be? Probably just me, but something I've noticed that seems a little odd.

Squaddle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gaulderdash
It really feels like up-b takes dr. mario farther than it used to...

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I really don't know what happened here. I'm testing his UpB side By side and the size of the hitbox and range of the move is unchanged.
Yeah, now that I've played some more, I'm not sure the hitbox is bigger or not. I'd love to see someone compare the two versions side-by-side.

Regarding the Yoshi match, perhaps he started to go for his grab and the upB hit his tongue, thus looking like a larger hitbox.

Kisatamura

Prescriber of Manami.
NNID
Kisatamura
3DS FC
1521-4702-6467
Possibly UpB has better range or something? It's hard to tell since it's always had some pretty funny hitboxes at times.

Dobbston

Smash Apprentice
Possibly UpB has better range or something? It's hard to tell since it's always had some pretty funny hitboxes at times.
I'm fairly certain that the hitbox is larger in some way since I'm able to combo Usmash to Up B (29 dmg) at a couple extra percents that I wasn't able to before because the opponent got hit too far away. Up B doesn't seem like it really has much more range directly in front of it off the ground though.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I'm fairly certain that the hitbox is larger in some way since I'm able to combo Usmash to Up B (29 dmg) at a couple extra percents that I wasn't able to before because the opponent got hit too far away. Up B doesn't seem like it really has much more range directly in front of it off the ground though.
Perhaps, but maybe your opponents are DIing better than they have in the past. I guess we won't know unless someone can do a side-by-side comparison of the two versions. Either way, I'd say if they did make a change, it's not really that much of a change.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I can definitely say that the hitbox was made bigger. It's a fairly large disjoint around Doc.
Can anyone confirm if fair is faster?

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Oh yeah, and was up tilt always able to hit from below the battlefield platform?

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
It would be worth checking if Dair comes out faster now too since it's been kind of slow at 11 frames.
Doesn't seem like it. I don't think the Up-B got buffed either. The video that D1 retweeted was uploaded before the patch. Just ignorance on the part of the uploader.

Can someone check if his Up-B goes higher? Might just be me.

CasteHappy//

Smash Apprentice
It feels like his up b goes higher, but I'm not 100% sure

Chibo uploaded a video with doc's moveset in the last patch, I'll go take a look.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It feels like his up b goes higher, but I'm not 100% sure

Chibo uploaded a video with doc's moveset in the last patch, I'll go take a look.
I don't think so. Still doesn't go high enough to land on top BF platform. You still need to angle it upwards to recover after dropzone F-air.

CasteHappy//

Smash Apprentice
Guys I was training some stuff yesterday at For Glory, and I got like A LOT of nado spikes. It never happened to me before and I thought it was really hard to do it with Doc, but I got them everytime, every match. I think they maybe have changed the hitboxes of the tornado, and that would be a nice buff. I need to test it some more but it seems like it.

Also I've noticed that I get 5% from the nair when I hit them with the shoe, and 6% when I hit from above with the leg. I don't know if that's a change or not, I'll try to record a video showing the tornado stuff.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Here's something that happened the other day and I'm not sure exactly how I did it and haven't been able to replicate it. I was waiting for a match to start and messing around against the CPU. I was doing some Nairs when I hit the CPU and he tripped. Made the funny tripping sound and everything. Now, if I remember correctly (and I probably don't), I believe I barely grazed him and hit was the back of Doc. Then again, it may have been the very tip of Doc's shoe. Honestly, I don't remember. I was just goofing around. Perhaps this very common and just has never happened to me. I'm curious if anyone else has ever come across this and, if so, how'd you pull it off?

I love finding new, bizarre things even after playing the game this much. Nice little surprise.

CasteHappy//

Smash Apprentice
Guys I was training some stuff yesterday at For Glory, and I got like A LOT of nado spikes. It never happened to me before and I thought it was really hard to do it with Doc, but I got them everytime, every match. I think they maybe have changed the hitboxes of the tornado, and that would be a nice buff. I need to test it some more but it seems like it.

Also I've noticed that I get 5% from the nair when I hit them with the shoe, and 6% when I hit from above with the leg. I don't know if that's a change or not, I'll try to record a video showing the tornado stuff.
I can't get it consistently so I guess nothing really changed but I'm not 100% sure, the tornado feels different to me anyway.

Here's something that happened the other day and I'm not sure exactly how I did it and haven't been able to replicate it. I was waiting for a match to start and messing around against the CPU. I was doing some Nairs when I hit the CPU and he tripped. Made the funny tripping sound and everything. Now, if I remember correctly (and I probably don't), I believe I barely grazed him and hit was the back of Doc. Then again, it may have been the very tip of Doc's shoe. Honestly, I don't remember. I was just goofing around. Perhaps this very common and just has never happened to me. I'm curious if anyone else has ever come across this and, if so, how'd you pull it off?

I love finding new, bizarre things even after playing the game this much. Nice little surprise.
That tripping can randomly happen, I think it's nothing new x3 But yeah, it's helpful sometimes~

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
That tripping can randomly happen, I think it's nothing new x3 But yeah, it's helpful sometimes~
That's what I was thinking. I guess Sakurai just couldn't keep somewhat random tripping out of the game (but thank goodness it's not like in Brawl). It's just amazing to me that after playing thousands of hours of Smash, most of which were with Doc, that I've never once had that happen.

kacol321

Smash Rookie
NNID
OGzoidberg
I just found in a match that nair doesnt just trip in the back, it does in the front too

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I just found in a match that nair doesnt just trip in the back, it does in the front too
Could you get it to consistently trip? Had you ever encountered that before or is this the first time?

kacol321

Smash Rookie
NNID
OGzoidberg
No im pretty sure this was the first time. I've never gotten it pre-patch i dont think

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Weird. Hopefully some more Doc players can chime in on this one. Seems like an odd thing to add in the patch, but who knows with Sakurai. Probably just another way to troll us Doc players.

kacol321

Smash Rookie
NNID
OGzoidberg
Yeah its weird. I tested it 300 times and it only tripped 7 times, so its a very low trip rate. It only works under ~40% percent because after that the nair hits them up into the air for a moment. You cant see them pop up into the air but you see the landing animation. Also i found that if you hit sonic(my test subject) with just the shoe he went through a different animation as if he were getting hit with a shoe (weird right). I tried it on falcon and i couldn't tell a difference, but the shoe as well as the back, front and every other part of the move does trip. At least now it does

kacol321

Smash Rookie
NNID
OGzoidberg

On the tornado there is a spiking hitbox on the bottom of the first hit and i think on the top of the third. Did you get it on one of those hits or a different one? Also im kind of shocked that you got a lot of tornado spikes and i can't get one. Any tips?

CasteHappy//

Smash Apprentice
On the tornado there is a spiking hitbox on the bottom of the first hit and i think on the top of the third. Did you get it on one of those hits or a different one? Also im kind of shocked that you got a lot of tornado spikes and i can't get one. Any tips?

I really don't know, it just happened, I was using tornado to get kills offstage the way I always do and I got almost one spike for match in 15 minutes of playing for glory. But I think it was luck, in training mode I barely get them.

kacol321

Smash Rookie
NNID
OGzoidberg
Yeah me too, i found out about the spiking hitbox on the bottom of the first hit by myself in training mode, but i didn't even know what i did to spike him. I've tried so much in training mode but i still can't seem to get another :/

Top Bottom