• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vermont Smashers?

GrosMinou

Turbo Scrub
Hi, I am from Montréal, Québec, but I might spend some time (alot of time or even move) in Vermont. I was wondering if there is a Smash scene?? I mostly Play P:M, but any smash is good in my book! :D

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
"Yesz!"

I'm from Northern Vermont and play PM as well.

As you can tell, my main is :falcon: (secondaries: :charizard: :dk2: :lucario:)

I also enjoy Melee and Smash64...but not Brawl for obvious reasons

manofsticks

Smash Rookie
A smallish scene has developed in the last few months. We've had 4 melee tournaments in the last 2 months, with between 10-20 people each time. So not huge numbers, but enough to get out and have fun and play friendlies.

We're hoping to maybe have some more, hopefully bigger events in upcoming months. I'm also hoping to get some PM events going, but I'm not sure if there's a lot of people around here who would be interested.

Last edited:

manofsticks

Smash Rookie
3 of them have been in Northfield, and 1 was in Winooski. We've mainly been updating information on the "Vermont Melee" facebook group, but I'm going to try and start posting more information here.

This sunday the 27th a couple of us are also making a trip to Lebanon NH for the Black Moon Games tournament that's going on there.

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
Will there be a tournament held before August 20th?
If so, what types of buildings are these tournaments held in?

manofsticks

Smash Rookie
I'm hoping we'll have another one before the 20th.

The northfield tournaments are held inside a church, and they try to host every other week, but sometimes are unable to due to other events having priority.

The Winooski tourney was held by a smasher who had a large house, and opened it up for people to play in. They're hoping to find a better location though, more inviting to the public.

I'm also hoping to organize one inside the University Mall at some point, but not sure when that will be yet. Still working out the details. May not be before the 20th, unfortunately.

FalconOwnage

Smash Apprentice
Another tourney in Winooski (not in a random guy's house) would be great.
I am strongly considering attending a tournament to see how good I really am.

Skeetmo

Smash Rookie
My roommates and I play Project M and at least 2 of us would be down to play, whatever the setting. We live in St. Albans, so Northfield is probably as far as I'd want to drive for a tournament.

Edit: We are also down to play Meele. Looking to play with anyone. Doesn't have to be a tourny.

Last edited:

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
I'm in Burlington and so down to play some people. I only ever get to play nubs and it really hurts my skills. I will play PM and melee, and might be able to round up a couple of those nubs to bring to a tournament. If we're lucky I could convince some of my friends from Lebanon, NH to come up. They're pretty good, one is amazing.
I don't have Facebook so please keep this thread active, it makes me sad to find it so far down on the 2nd page.

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know of a place we can set up in the Burlington or winooski area? It'd be awesome to get everyone whose relatively close and see how good everyone is.
I've been playing since melee came out and went to a couple tournaments and got killed so I know I'm not very good. Good enough to stomp on people who don't know what they're doing, which is not as fun as a real tussle.
I'm in college so don't worry, I'm under 25. I was at my peak in high school when I played a lot more so if you think you're good, don't be shy, let's make something happen!

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
NH Cody, when do you plan to host the tourney and where? I could definitely round up a few players for Leb

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
Yeah I could probably do the weekend before thanksgiving on the 22. Maybe some of the guys up here around Burlington would want a ride...

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
Who's up for some smash this week? PM or melee in burlington (mainly PM). Maybe Thursday, Friday or Saturday. I want to see what you got, respond here if you want to find out what you're made of.
I'm actually not that good bc I can't settle on a main, but I can play a wide variety of the cast kind of decently.

Lucrid

Smash Rookie
Any Vermont Melee players still playing? Thinking about organizing a Melee tournament in Chittenden County, but I don't want to go into it and rent a venue if nobody is going to show up.

Samuch

Smash Cadet
Yeah. Checkout the Vermont Melee Facebook page. Also checkout the Queen City Melee Monthly Tournaments. Last time 30+ people showed up. Not including myself.

Last edited:

Lucrid

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I joined the group yesterday. Any idea exactly when it's going to happen? And exactly how good are these players? I'm wondering if I'm going to embarrass myself when I show up o.o

Samuch

Smash Cadet
There are people of all skill levels. You probably won't win, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't shoot for top 10 or something. Ask on the facebook group, but people get together every week to smash. Just friendlies. The next tourney will prob be in the middle or end of this month.

Also, no one cares if you aren't good so there's no reason to be embarrassed. Your skill will shoot up if you attend more tournies.

Last edited:

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
You guys get together every week in Burlington??? Where? I don't have FB, give me a place and time and I'll be there!

Edit: I see its at quarterstaff games. That's where you meet each week or just for tournaments?

Last edited:

Lucrid

Smash Rookie
Yeah, one of the guys said that they've got weekly friendlies every Sunday over there, and it says so on the Quarterstaff Games website.
"Sunday @ 11:00am - Free Smash Bros. Melee (unless Smash Bros. Melee Tournament, see schedule above)"
(Can't put the link, need to have 10 posts first ;( )

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
Shucks I usually work Sunday mornings. Does the group meet up anywhere else at other times?
I have a full setup with melee and PM and would be happy to leave a crt at quarterstaff if they need more.

Pretty awesome that the tournaments get to be decently sized, any idea when the next one will happen?

Lucrid

Smash Rookie
Next tournament is Queen City Melee on the twenty-second of February. I also found they have a decent amount of setups. They go on Sundays from 11 AM to 6-7 PM. This Sunday they went until 7 PM.

Flush 5

Smash Cadet
Oh awesome I usually get out of work at 4. I'll stop by this Sunday to see if people are still playing!

Top Bottom