• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ver. 1.1.0 Patch Thread

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
Ah, lol. That's to be expected.
It works around 130% last I checked. Opponents may be able to get out of that thing before Pikachu tries to use Thunder. If it works, then that's great. I'll save my doubts for later.
B reverse thunder may be a good tool in this, as it stops your momentum when you run. I'll really test it more when i get back to my wii u in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
Confirming thunder off of uptilt is real hard, but that's more to do with landing a raw perfectly spaced up tilt, than getting the followup. The followup is actually doable, but from my experimenting it's like a 1/3 chance with DI mix ups and airdodge reads.

Also, since 1.1.0 added a bunch of low tier kill confirms (Robin, DK) maybe it's about time to reconsider my opinion about it being ok that pika lacks viable kill options :p

Last edited:

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
I'm happy Pikachu has remained untouched for the most part. However. I just worry for how much longer will it last? Sure Pikachu is safe, but I would like to see some changes made for Pika to still be in a safer position to keep his status. I personally think his Nair could use a buff, give it back its Brawl power. I'd also settle for more Grab range and stronger back throw. Also Thunder should be bigger, that way it makes connecting into things much easier.

I think his F-Smash should increase in power, D-Smash should be like Brawls in terms of power and give Pikachu more grab range. Mostly I'd for for the Nair or D-Smash buff overall. Also give D-Smash less lag. I think he should also have less cool down on Quick Attack, that might be stretching it a bit. But it would be nice. I'd love to see all of these buffs for Pika next patch. Here's hoping. :)

Last edited:

Soul.

If we got viable kill confirms/options we would be a lot better than we are right now, which is kinda why I want things like Brawl NAir to come back. In Brawl, things like down smash sent people up high so that you could set up Thunder for KOs, as well as up tilt (which I believe was also a kill move?).

I can see why up tilt to Thunder may not be that reliable here, though. It starts to do something at late percents (we're talking about 130%), but as the opponent receives more damage they have more time to get out of the Thunder thanks to the knockback they get from up tilt.

Also, I don't think QA should be made better as it is already an amazing move for us. I think we're fine for now haha.

Gibbs

Smash Apprentice
One teensy weensy kill confirm would do wonders for pika. Like if last hit of fair killed at the ledge at like 120% w/out rage.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
If we got viable kill confirms/options we would be a lot better than we are right now, which is kinda why I want things like Brawl NAir to come back. In Brawl, things like down smash sent people up high so that you could set up Thunder for KOs, as well as up tilt (which I believe was also a kill move?).

I can see why up tilt to Thunder may not be that reliable here, though. It starts to do something at late percents (we're talking about 130%), but as the opponent receives more damage they have more time to get out of the Thunder thanks to the knockback they get from up tilt.

Also, I don't think QA should be made better as it is already an amazing move for us. I think we're fine for now haha.
Well I just want QA to have less end-lag (I get annoyed when being punished when trying to string this move for combos.) And yes Brawl Nair needs to come back, especially since Pika has an increase of speed from it. It would really be an effective tool. And yes, he needs the Brawl D-Smash with Smash 4 priorities. lol

Methacrylate

Smash Apprentice
I was messing around with thunder wave on the 3DS version last night and found that thunder wave locking still works on the 3DS version. Can other pikachu mains try this out to confirm this? Seems to me that the lock was fixed for the WiiU version and not the 3DS version. For reproducibility purposes, I was in training mode on the omega version of Peach's Castle 64 against Ike.

Thor

Smash Champion
I can't find anything, sad to say. I have a dream that one day, Pikachu will be able to grab the ledge backwards while in helpless. One day, maybe.
I think I know what you're referring to... Pikachu CAN grab the ledge backwards while helpless, BUT he has to actually be in the dark glowy helpless animation... to see what I mean, go to Battlefield, jump offstage, double jump straight up, and Quick Attack straight up, then fade to attempt to grab the ledge... ledge is grabbed easily, correct? The problem is when you don't do Pikachu's little flipping motion after the Quick Attack before you fall past the ledge. For some reason, in that state you can't grab the ledge.

I wouldn't mind seeing this changed either [especially since it'd make QALC much safer to attempt on the edge], but it's a small thing.

To the person abouve me (@ Methacrylate Methacrylate ), I wasn't able to lock people on 3DS, but I may have been messing up... did you test this with another player who was only holding now shield once you hit with the first thunder wave? That's the easiest way to test.

Last edited:
Top Bottom