• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ver. 1.1.0 Patch Thread

Soul.

Someone had to do this kind of thing.

Hello, welcome to our monthly misinformation fest. Use this thread to confirm any changes pertaining to Pikachu as of Ver. 1.1.0, which releases on July 31. If you see something noticeable, post it here so long as it's true or unchanged; be it frame adjustments, knockback/damage changes, or move fixes.

If there are no changes in this patch, then everything is left as is. It may or may not be likely; who knows? Whatever happens, hope for the best.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
crossing my fingers so ****ing hard here

Also, I'm currently on vacation, so the 31st is in 20 minutes for me, am I getting the update then or when everyone else gets it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul.

Probably the moment Japan gets it first. I can already feel the placebo.
Also dude don't double post lol.

AncientCode42

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Surge_Production
I'm very excited. Lets hope for the best with Pikachu. XD Then again he's also perfect the way he is. lol

Soul.

ok so far:
DAir still autocancels.
Thunder still combo breaks, unless I'm wrong. Tried it out vs. Little Mac's rapid jab and it broke the combo.
QA seems the same.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
Thunder wave no longer links to another thunder wave, meaning no more infinite.

Like this even matters anymore though... lol

EDIT: Thunder wave can also trip when hit from the air. Also, the heavy skull bash momentum glitch is still there

Last edited:

hotdogtaco4321

Smash Cadet
NNID
MaverickGV
3DS FC
0748-3241-5258
up air seems to start a little faster?
is this true or just placebo?

Last edited:

Soul.

Up air wasn't changed.
Trying out Thunder Wave now. Something feels weird.
Skull Bash still has smash charge. lol.

Soul.

So basically, nothing changed except for Thunder Wave not allowing for infinites anymore.
I could be wrong, but everything feels the same.

Mother/EB

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1321-4166-0636
I think Pikachu's Utilt has changed. Less damage and more knockback. Can anyone confirm this?

Soul.

It's the same up tilt we all know and love; no changes.
Pikachu got no changes in general.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I can't find anything, sad to say. I have a dream that one day, Pikachu will be able to grab the ledge backwards while in helpless. One day, maybe.

Soul.

Yes, it's gone. Something about the move's angle changed, making it impossible to do as of this version.
It should be confirmed by now.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Yeah, I just checked and the infinite didn't work for me. I only tested simply using Thunder Wave though. It may or may not still work with Meteor Quick Attack and footstooling.

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
So Pikachu himself went basically untouched it seems, which is good~ ^u^
Just poking around through the Patch Thread and I saw this lil thing:
  • "Momentum from actions no longer sliding off ledges (MK/Falcon's dash grabs) has been reverted."
That's a universal patch note, presumably tested. In the last update they changed ledge sliding mechanics or something, which made QALC harder to do. Seeing as SOMETHING was reverted, I was just wondering if whatever change that was made fixed the problem with QALC and put it back to normal. I'm not too sure, it may have nothing to do with it at all, in which case I misunderstood, but does any one know? XD
Thanks~ ouo

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
Pikachu being mostly unchanged is a good thing, only problem is that Characters worse than him is catching up.

(small Rant) It would be nice to get a buff on his Down-smash, that move is so risky with its´ end lag, and it is very weak for a smash attack that hardly kills ever. A buff to his Nair would be awesome too, just a 1-2 %, or less landing lag.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Pikachu dodges the patch changes yet again with only a very small change made. This is like, the third in a row, I think? 1.0.6, 1.0.8, and 1.1.0, all three of them a total of 2 very specific things happened alongside a few universal changes that affected every character evenly anyway.

Considering how good Pikachu is this makes me pretty happy.

Soul.

I'd be content with having NAir be like Brawl's; 12% on initial hit, kills, and a good OoS option.
We need landing lag buffs honestly, even if most of our aerials autocancel that's still a factor we can't forget about. Most characters are getting buffed; it would be a blessing if we got the same treatment, but then again, we're already pretty good.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I wouldn't mind NAir going back to Brawl's level, either. It used to be a really reliable kill move in Brawl because of its power. But I can't complain with the lack of changes, as no changes are better than negative ones. But with other characters getting buffed maybe Pikachu is due for a small upgrade as well. As long as it's to something that needs it.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Yea your character that's one of the best in the game(for the FOURTH TIME)needs a buff...........OK and someone like Zelda needs to be nerfed.

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
Yea your character that's one of the best in the game(for the FOURTH TIME)needs a buff...........OK and someone like Zelda needs to be nerfed.
It's called main bias--it's like how you thought Kirby beats Pikachu in edgeguarding. And nobody here said that the bottom tiers should be nerfed. Read more carefully next time.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
It's called main bias--it's like how you thought Kirby beats Pikachu in edgeguarding. And nobody here said that the bottom tiers should be nerfed. Read more carefully next time.
That part was a joke.......of COURSE bottom tiers don't need a nerf *facepalm*
Also I now look more carefully into characters, their frame data, and use some experience I know, FYI

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
That part was a joke.......of COURSE bottom tiers don't need a nerf *facepalm*
Also I now look more carefully into characters, their frame data, and use some experience I know, FYI
That was a terrible joke then, lol. It seemed more like sarcasm to me anyways, but whatever.
Good, I'm proud of you. :grin:

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
...Um, well ok then.

Anyways!
I think it would be pretty awesome if Pikachu got a small little buff, if it could be anything I would definitely want one of his aerials to kill better, like brawl nair, or maybe Dair having more knockback. His neutral is terrifying at lower percents, but I think we may be one of the characters that struggle most at killing, with no reliable kill confirms.

I think our next step has to be really REALLY practicing reading DI after our up throw, if we learn to consistently hit it, maybe our problem could be solved?

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
That suppose to be funny? Seriously if it is, your not doing good.

Which is his throws are best at high % s because both Uthrow and Dthrow seem to be very easy to DI away.
And at some points you can only get thunder, but from what I see(Esam a few times) definitely not consistent.

Last edited:

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
I think our next step has to be really REALLY practicing reading DI after our up throw, if we learn to consistently hit it, maybe our problem could be solved?
Or we could practice our edgeguarding. I feel like Pikachu has the tools to edgeguard really really well but none of us--ESAM included, albeit to a lesser extent--have mastered them yet. If we could perfect our edgeguarding, we could get our kills from there.
Though I still kinda agree with what you said. Making better reads is also important since that can help us become better players overall--not just better Pikachu players.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
That suppose to be funny? Seriously if it is, your not doing good.

Which is his throws are best at high % s because both Uthrow and Dthrow seem to be very easy to DI away.
And at some points you can only get thunder, but from what I see(Esam a few times) definitely not consistent.
Unless you play Pikachu, I don't see much importance in you being in this thread anymore, it seems like you're trying to pick petty arguments for no reason, stop.

Also, it is possible to read the DI and still land the blue thunder.

Or we could practice our edgeguarding. I feel like Pikachu has the tools to edgeguard really really well but none of us--ESAM included, albeit to a lesser extent--have mastered them yet. If we could perfect our edgeguarding, we could get our kills from there.
Though I still kinda agree with what you said. Making better reads is also important since that can help us become better players overall--not just better Pikachu players.
Yeah, I think we also need to work on really going all out off stage. Pikachu's crazy good edge game can net him early KOs which is so beneficial to us. The risk can be high but the reward is high as well. I was less talking reads more talking read the DI after up throw, move in the right direction and thunder. If you can manage to read your opponent's DI every time, kills will be a cinch.

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't know, but I sometimes feel that the next thing we should do is practice up tilt to Thunder confirms. A while ago someone posted something about this on reddit, which involves using up tilt and then combo it to Thunder cloud and then Pikachu itself, which means it's a 3 hit combo. There's also up tilt > Thunder (not the meteor), but I just wanted to know if this was ideal for us.
It could be, it could not. Perhaps it's been used a lot and I haven't been aware of it until now.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Unless you play Pikachu, I don't see much importance in you being in this thread anymore, it seems like you're trying to pick petty arguments for no reason, stop.

Also, it is possible to read the DI and still land the blue thunder.

Yeah, I think we also need to work on really going all out off stage. Pikachu's crazy good edge game can net him early KOs which is so beneficial to us. The risk can be high but the reward is high as well. I was less talking reads more talking read the DI after up throw, move in the right direction and thunder. If you can manage to read your opponent's DI every time, kills will be a cinch.
I'm not FYI and I can be here whenever I want.

Ritronaut

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, but I sometimes feel that the next thing we should do is practice up tilt to Thunder confirms. A while ago someone posted something about this on reddit, which involves using up tilt and then combo it to Thunder cloud and then Pikachu itself, which means it's a 3 hit combo. There's also up tilt > Thunder (not the meteor), but I just wanted to know if this was ideal for us.
It could be, it could not. Perhaps it's been used a lot and I haven't been aware of it until now.
I've never seen it used ever and I've never seen it work except for that one video you mentioned. I'll test it out, and if I find it reliable enough I might make a data table on when it works on which characters.

It works on a braindead CPU in training mode, I'll have to test DI later.

Last edited:

Soul.

I've never seen it used ever and I've never seen it work except for that one video you mentioned. I'll test it out, and if I find it reliable enough I might make a data table on when it works on which characters.

It works on a braindead CPU in training mode, I'll have to test DI later.
Ah, lol. That's to be expected.
It works around 130% last I checked. Opponents may be able to get out of that thing before Pikachu tries to use Thunder. If it works, then that's great. I'll save my doubts for later.

Top Bottom